Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Diecinueve.

Gerard was growing evermore concerned over his brother. He and Frank had been out looking for him for almost twenty minutes and they hadn't managed to locate him. He had even phoned his mum again to see whether he had turned up home and of course, he hadn't which made Tristan frantic as well.

It lead Gerard to phoning his dad and getting him to go home and sooth Tristan, making him calm before he got overworked up.

"Gee," Frank said quietly which made the Dom look over to his mate in the passenger seat of his car. "I'm worried."

Gerard dropped one hand from the steering wheel and laced his fingers in with one of Frank's hands. "I know baby."

Frank bit his lip as he looked out of the window, his eyes scanning around to see whether he could see the fertile.

No such luck.

"What were you and Mikey talking about before I came home, Frank?" Gerard asked, looking back at his mate instead of at the road. Frank just shrugged which was normally an indication of nothing important but Mikey was currently out, by himself, when he shouldn't be.

"Tell me Frank, no matter how unimportant you might think it is." The fertile furrowed his eyebrows and licked his lips.

"We...," he started; he was a bit hesitant about telling him what he had promised Mikey he wouldn't tell him about. Gerard sensed that Frank was holding something back which made him pull the car over to the side of the road before turning towards Frank.

"What is it baby? You can tell me anything," Gerard said which made Frank shake his head.

"I promised Mikey I wouldn't tell you..."

Gerard knew that a promise between two fertiles was stronger than a promise between a fertile and a Dom, only because fertile are naturally closer to one another.

He cupped Frank's face in his hands. "You have to tell me Frank. I know that you feel you need to keep it to yourself because you promised Mikey, but he could be in trouble right now, so you have to tell me baby. He'll understand you breaking this promise, just this once."

Frank nodded before taking a deep breath. "He feels like he doesn't belong with us, Gee, that being around vampires makes him uncomfortable because he's still not used to it. He grew up believing everyone around him were humans, including the fertiles he was surrounded with."

He stopped for a minute, working out how to word the next thing he was going to say. "He... he never told me this, but it felt like he was saying that he still felt like a human." Frank felt a bit better telling Gerard that but also not better because he had said he wouldn't tell anyone.

Gerard closed his eyes and breathed slowly out of his nose. He felt more hatred pile up inside of him over the humans who made Mikey like he is now. "I know you feel you shouldn't have told me that Frank, but thank you for telling me." All Frank did was nod his head.

He started the car back up again and begun driving again, looking out to see whether they would see Mikey anywhere.

Time kept passing by and pretty soon they had both been looking for the fertile for almost an hour and they still hadn't found him. Neither had he returned home because James would have phoned and told Gerard.

By now they were all really anxious and worried. Tristan's nails had been chewed to the core, James was still comforting his almost distraught mate, Frank was over feeling bad about telling Gerard about what Mikey had said because he was just consumed with worry, and Gerard was almost at edge, his hands tight around the steering wheel.

They all knew that something had to be wrong with Mikey; even though he felt he didn't belong there would be no way he would have been out for all this time. Not unless there was something wrong with him.

Frank was looking out of the windows, his eyes trailing behind them just in case he had missed him when they drove past.

Eventually Gerard just pulled up against the kerb and turned the car off which made Frank look over at him. "C'mon Frank, we're going to keep looking for Mikey." He got out of the car and slammed the door shut almost violently which made Frank jump in his seat before he climbed out the car quickly and closed the door lightly.

He could see Gerard was annoyed, severely annoyed. His elbows were resting on top of the car and his head was in his hands. Frank made his way around the car and towards his mate. He wrapped his arms around his waist which made the Dom turn around and look down at his mate. "I love you, Gerard."

The Dom smiled lightly, "I love you too, Frank."

Afterwards they broke away from the way they were standing and Gerard laced their fingers together before they started walking so they could carry on looking for Mikey.

They got to the end of the road and were about to turn and walk down the left way but Frank had looked behind him and saw a small group of people surrounding something on the floor. He tugged at Gerard's hand which made him look at his fertile before looking towards where Frank was looking.

The group was a group of humans, Gerard could smell that. Someone from the group looked up and saw Gerard and Frank and because Gerard was a Dom who could be easily recognised, the human's eyes widened. The human turned on his heel and ran away which made the other humans look up, notice the two vampires and follow the other guy's lead.

And as they done that the thing they were looking at on the floor became visible. Or rather, the person they were looking at on the floor became visible.

It could have been a human on the floor because it wasn't uncommon for other humans to beat one another up and leave them for dead. But something in Gerard made him drop Frank's hand from his grip and make his way over to the person. He was so quick that Frank couldn't even blink before he was by the person.

The fertile hurried over to his mate and gasped at the sight of the person on the floor.

It was Mikey. He was lying in a puddle of blood, his skin was paler than any fertile's skin was. His eyes were half open and he was just laying there.

The humans hadn't done anything to him, Gerard knew, but that didn't stop him wanting to go after them and tear them apart limb from limb for standing over his brother. But he couldn't, he couldn't leave his brother.

"Mikey, oh fuck, stay awake Mikey," Gerard told him, his voice panicked. The fertile's eyes moved to look at him but Gerard could see he was fighting just to stay awake. "Fuck Mikey no, don't you dare go to sleep."

He bit his wrist and brought it to Mikey's mouth, trying to force the fertile to drink it so that he would stay awake. His blood would give him some strength and bring some colour back into his cheeks. At least, that's what Gerard hoped was going to happen.

But all his blood did was making Mikey puke again, getting some of the blood he was puking up on Gerard's knee and arm. But he didn't care. The Dom looked up at his mate who was just standing there, looking at the fertile on the floor, tears in his eyes. "Frank, baby, go start the car. Now." The fertile snapped out of his almost trance, nodded at his mate before turning on his heel and running all the way back to their car.

Gerard looked back down at Mikey, he was still awake. Even though his eyes were half closed, Gerard could see that there was fear shining in them. Mikey's lips started trembling, almost like he was attempting to speak. This made Gerard shake his head, "No Mikey, don't talk. You just focus on staying awake."

His car came round the corner just as he had finished saying that to the fertile. When it pulled up next to where they were Gerard quickly picked Mikey up before laying him on the back seat. Frank was there, in the back. He had opened the door and was going to be staying in the back with Mikey.

"Keep him awake, Frank," was all Gerard said before he slammed the door shut and got in the front and drove off.

Gerard only had one hand on the steering wheel because the other one was holding his phone as he phoned his dad. He knew that his parents wanted to know as soon as they had found him and although this wasn't as soon as it was close enough because they had him safe in the car and were on the way to the hospital right now.

Of course, it had to be the hospital that he was at before because they needed William and Cassadee to tend to Mikey seeing as they were the ones who cared for him before. And because they should know more of what to do.

Or so Gerard thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
My eyes hurt because I'm shattered but I'm getting the ending of this done today, I fucking swear.