Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Dos.

A phone call to Ray was made as soon the tests were done. They didn't say much over the phone but enough for Ray to then call Christa and her to go home quickly so that they could get to the hospital.

The person it turned out was a fertile. A scared and nervous fertile at that. Hell, he didn't even know his name and could barely form a sentence. And even though the nurses could tell he was around the age of eighteen, they had a child fertile nurse be with him in the room he was in. It was clear that he didn't have a clue what was going on.

He was sitting on the hospital bed, knees to his chest and head buried in them. It was just all confusing to him, he didn't know why he was where he was or even why they were so worried about him. He wasn't used to anyone being like that and he didn't quite get it. He was wearing a pair of hospital pyjamas seeing as what he was brought in wearing was awfully ripped up. His glasses, which were slightly damaged on one of the arms, were sitting on the little bedside stand next to the bed he was on.

When the door opened the figure's head shot up quickly and even though it was almost impossible for him to see without his glasses, he tried seeing who it was who just came in the room. He reached a shaky hand over to the stand and grabbed his glasses and pulled them on his face. Blinking, he looked at the people who came in the room.

The first person he noticed was the nurse who had sat with him for the majority of the time he had been awake. He then noticed that there was a female in the room and she was smiling sympathetically at him.

He wasn't used to people smiling around him; hardly anyone did. There was never actually anything to really smile about; at least there wasn't where he remembers.

Because his blood was mixed in with human blood, which the nurses were still in shock about, they couldn't really run it through the Head vampire's system to see what clan he's from. The boy didn't even know his own name, he could only mumble something along the lines of “two one zero nine three” whenever someone asked his name. Which the nurses didn't understand either.

The fertile child's nurse smiled at the boy. “Sweetie, this is Christa. She's the one who found you on the street,” she cooed to him. The fertile swallowed thickly, his eyes darting between Christa and the nurse.

It was almost never known for a fertile to be scared or nervous around other fertiles, not to the same extent as this one was. Sure, if they had never been round a Dom before then it's natural for their first time being round one for them to be slightly nervous, but not a lot because it was in their nature to not be scared of their own kind because they looked out for everyone, no matter their status, clan or background.

The fertiles know that there's such thing as illegal fertile slave rings and the fertiles who are involved in that are nervous and scared around the others to a certain extend at the beginning. Only to a certain extent because they still harbour their memories of being in a loving home with a fertile mother and a Dom father. And the only nervousness they'd have would be from the fact that the people within the illegal fertile slave rings would be horrible people. Horrible humans.

“Hey.” Christa smiled at the fertile, “How are you feeling?” She sat at the end of the bed, not too close to the fertile because she could see the poor thing looked ready to cry.

His eyes flicked from Christa to the nurse and back to Christa. They were expecting him to answer, he could tell, so he knew he had to give one. The fertile licked his chapped lips lightly before opening his mouth. He closed it straight away though; unsure about what he should say.

Christa looked back to the nurse, who gave a small smile, before looking back at the fertile. “You don't have to answer if you don't want to. It's okay,” she told him, still softly smiling at him in a comforting way.

He swallowed harshly again before biting his lip. They were still being so nice to him which made him feel like he should at least answer them, try and do something that they wanted him to do, like answer what Christa had just asked him. “I-I'm...... tired?” his answer came out almost like a question, like an unsure answer he was giving, but at least it was still an answer.

“That's to be expected sweetie, we tried draining some of the human blood from your system so you've suffered a quite big blood loss,” the nurse explained.

The fertile nodded hesitantly at the words he was being told. “We'll leave you be whilst you sleep, okay? Someone, probably me, will be in to check on you later on.”

Christa got off the bed, smiled at the fertile one last time before followed the nurse out the room.

~

Ray was standing with the doctor whilst Christa was in with the fertile. Gerard was there with him because Ray had got the phone call whilst he was still with Gerard so he offered to come as well. Frank was going to come as well but he had to go visit his parents so they had dropped him there before heading to the hospital.

Both Ray and Gerard were listening intently to what the doctor was saying.

“We managed to drain some of the human blood from the fertile's system but he's refusing to drink the medicated blood that will help remake more fertile blood cells which would overtake the rest of the human ones in his system. It's unnatural for a fertile to refuse to drink blood but considering we don't know too much about what he's been through, we're going to hook up an IV to him soon as a way to get the blood into his system,” the doctor, William, told them. He was a Dom vampire working as a fertile's doctor which meant that any fertile under his care during their hospital stay would be in good hands.

Majority of fertiles submitted to hospital were because of pregnancy more than anything.

“How did the human blood get into the fertile?” Gerard questioned, extremely curious about how a fertile could have human's blood.

The doctor shook his head. “That's what we don't know at the moment. It seems that it has been injected into his system over a vast period of time. By the quantity of human blood that is still left in his system after we drained some, I'd say well over ten years maybe.”

That made the Doms pissed. Someone was injecting a fertile with human blood for ten years? Normally fertile blood is a fast producer, so at the beginning the blood probably would have been pushed away from the fertile blood within the fertile's system. But if a vast amount of human blood was injected over a short period of time then the fertile blood wouldn't have been able to reproduce that quickly, thus letting the human blood first mingle with the fertile blood.

“Do you think he was a victim of a fertile slave ring?” Ray questioned, feeling his anger rise up. This was something severe.

The doctor shook his head. “No. Most of the fertiles within the slave rings have their fertile mark kept intact to show the.. users that they're genuine,” the doctors words were almost spat out and neither Ray or Gerard could blame him. No vampire liked thinking about the illegal fertile slave rings because fertiles were beautiful creatures who were delicate and sick humans thought it was okay to treat them like dirt. “However, this fertile's mark was... well it looked like someone had taken a razor, or something as equally sharp, to the skin where the mark should have been.”

The Doms felt their anger rise with what the doctors were saying. Not only had someone injected this poor fertile with disgusting human blood but it had also damaged the fertile in a permanent physical way by trying to remove the mark it was born with.

“The bastard was trying to hide the fact that he was a fertile probably,” the doctor concluded.

When Christa stepped out of the room with the nurse, they could both feel the rage that was practically radiating from the three Doms, the two Doms that she knew were giving off the most rage. Now really wasn't the best time for them to be feeling weak at the knees but the rage does that to any fertile, especially if one of the Doms giving off the rage was the fertile's mate, like Ray was to Christa.

“He's resting up, William, but still refuses to drink the blood. Should we connect the IV whilst he's sleeping?” the nurse questioned the doctor. He nodded, telling her that they should do that.

Christa went over to Ray and furrowed her eyebrows at him slightly, almost silently asking him why they were so severely pissed off that they were radiating rage. All she got was an “I'll explain when we get home,” from Ray which she didn't argue with.

Gerard shook his head. “How you going to find his clan doc? There's no way a fertile that's experienced that should go with any vampire asides one from his clan.”

“Hopefully after we've managed to give him a nice amount of medicated blood, we should be able to run his blood type through the Head vampire's system to pair it up to the clan he's from.”

“I'm sure they'd want to find the human scum who done to him when they find out, I know I want to find it right now,” Gerard spat out which had Ray agreeing with him. Any Dom would want to hunt down a human scum who injects fertiles with human blood and tries to hide the fact that it's a fertile.

Stuff like this was how come it was easy for the vampires to take over the world. They had always existed, but it had been... rough for them, if you wish. Decade after decade the few vampires that existed stayed hidden, watching as the world that was once strong come crumbling down as the greed levels in the humans rose. The ones in power stopped thinking about the lower down ones which resulted in the lower down ones becoming worse than animals.

They would go round mutilating others of their own kind. Some even found it satisfying going around abusing their kind, raping their kind, some even killed their family. And that was the most disgusting thing the vampires had ever seen. Family was almost everything to the vampires. They were mostly all family orientated.

So when the humans were going around killing their families and loved ones and getting away with it, the vampires couldn't stay hidden any more. And everything that happened back then resulted in the world now. The only bad bit was the fact that the vampires needed the humans for blood, drinking blood that is, which made them have to keep the humans for cattle. This meant that there were some humans under the radar who executed the fertile slave rings and now the injecting of human blood into fertiles.

All the doctor could do was wait until there was enough fertile blood back in the fertile's system before he could find out the clan he belonged to. And also so he could give a mother the good news that their child who has probably been missing most of his life isn't dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm probably going to be finding sentences that don't make much sense. If I miss any, I'm sorry.