Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Veintitrés.

Mikey didn't once leave Ryan's side. He didn't talk to anyone either, no matter what they asked him or who was speaking. He refused to go home whilst Ryan was having the human blood drained from his system.

He sat there, silently, the whole time Cassadee explained to Ryan that he wasn't a human but a fertile vampire and that what he had done to him for the past years was something that was horrible, disgusting and not right.

The way he was acting almost scared Gerard because normally you could see that Mikey had heard what you told him, but he was just choosing not to answer. But now, he didn't even flinch when anyone spoke suddenly. It was like he wasn't even hearing them.

Of course Tristan had been told what had happened and of course he had come to the hospital straight away. Mikey didn't even respond to him talking to him.

To the others it felt weird that all the two fertiles were doing were sitting in silence next to each other. They didn't move, didn't talk either. Just sat there.

Sean came back to the hospital too. He was the only one who got a reaction from either fertiles. But he didn't talk to them, he just watched them and that got the reaction from them.

He understood them which was why he didn't try to talk to them. And when he left the room that they were in, the fertiles went back to not paying attention to anyone.

Cassadee followed Sean out the room and stopped him and Ian which made the fertile look at her questioningly. She looked back to the room before looking at him. "Is that normal for them to be like that when together, Sean?"

He nodded and realised that he could tell her something about the time with the humans that he doubt Mikey would object to him telling her about. It wasn't like it was about how they were treated or what happened to them or anything like that.

"I never saw them much, but whenever I did they were just huddled together, silently. Lots of fertiles done that, had a best friend like that, and stayed together as much as they could," he told her, remembering how it was mostly the fertiles who were there the longest time had the best friends. He never did have a best friend like that.

"The silence is a comfort to them, noise isn't a comfort. It's strange, I know, but...," he stopped. He was just about to give too much detail out which he knew Mikey wouldn't like him saying. He wouldn't even tell his mate about what happened, the promise he had to Mikey was too strong.

"But?" Cassadee pressed.

All Sean did was shake his head. "Nothing. Just... they were most used to silence so they converted it to a comfort. That's all I'm saying."

Cassadee understood that he was going to have told her something else, but it was about what had happened with the humans and the promise with Mikey was stopping him.

She knew she could try asking Ryan about it all, but just seeing how close him and Mikey was, she assumed that they would probably have almost identical ways of thinking when regarding that.

She was pretty much right though.

Sean said goodbye to her before he left the hospital with Ian. He knew that he might get questioned by his mate, and he knew that he shouldn't really keep stuff from him, but even though he felt so close to Ian, he came behind the closeness he had with the two fertiles.

If any other vampire, not including the ones surrounding Mikey and him, knew that they cared more about each other then they ever would to their mate, they wouldn't think it's right. But then, they didn't have that special almost bond that they had, the type that only the fertiles who had the blood injected had.

Because they were almost all the same, in a way, which made them have that bond. And the bond stuck deeper within them then the bond to their heart that they had with their mate did.

And no one would understand that unless they felt it too. But Sean would never wish what happened to them on any other vampire, ever.

He understood about how bad it was, he knew how much it hurt and scarred him, it was why he would never wish it for anyone.

And even though he's never told anyone this, but sometimes he wishes he could take Mikey's hurt from him and place it on himself. He's a stronger fertile, emotionally and physically. He can get over stuff, he can build on what has happened to him and he can also not let stuff affect him as much as Mikey does.

Because of that, it's why he does sometimes wish he could take his pain because he would be able to get over it a lot easier than Mikey ever will. Because he's still not over it and he's been home with his clan for quite some time now.

Even though Sean's not one hundred percent over it, he was getting close to getting over it. Not ever forgetting it, no, but getting over it.

And that's probably all the fertile could ever do, get over it. Because he'd never be able to understand as to why it happened to him or any of the other fertiles either. He'd never be able to ever see what happened in a good light, ever. No matter what. Not even if, somehow, the fact that he managed to live with human blood in his systems helps another fertile somehow.

Nothing could ever make Sean see it in a good light or reflect back on it. Because he did just want it to be over and done with, anyone would do, but it's something that will never be over and done with.

He got nightmares over it. He never let it affect him during the day but at night it's a different story. Because he often wakes up scared, crying and clinging onto Ian which not only makes the Dom worried for his mate, but also making him want to know what went on with the humans even more then he did before.

But he knows, no matter how cut up Sean is when he wakes up from the nightmares, he'll never tell him unless Mikey let him. Not even telling him by accident.

In a way, he found it was a good thing. That Sean is keeping his promise to Mikey, but he also finds it a bad thing. That Sean is keeping it from him, his mate.

The one person he should be able to tell everything and anything to.

But then, Ian understood that maybe this was one thing that didn't fall under the everything and anything category which was why it didn't apply to it, which meant that he was okay for Sean not to tell him anything about it.

He wasn't going to push with his mate about it, not now and not ever. He'll just keep waking up with him with the nightmares and soothing him from them. Because that's what he can do to help his mate without prying into what happened.

And he was going to take whatever he could that would be of help to the fertile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kept getting distracted tonight so I didn't finish editing all the chapters. So tomorrow will be the day I do it, unless someone decides to fuck that day up.