Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Veinticuatro.

It baffled everyone. Well, almost everyone. Only Mikey and Ryan weren't baffled or even shocked about it.

But everyone else was baffled over the fact that when Ryan's blood (free from human blood) was ran through the Head vampire's system there was no clan he was matched to.

They even checked several times over and several syringes of blood but nothing came up.

No one could understand it. How could something like that happen? A fertile has to belong to a clan, and when every child is born, be it fertile or Dom, their blood is put in the system so that the clans can always be identified if needed.

It was why Ryan was allowed to go home with Tristan and James. For the time being, because they couldn't find his clan in the system, he was to be with Mikey's clan.

That made both fertiles extremely happy because they were best friends; they had only just re-found each other. They didn't want to lose each other again.

Though neither of them would probably ever let that happen, thinking about it. Mikey would rather die then ever lose Ryan again, and Ryan felt the same. He didn't like being alone, without anyone, and that was mostly because Mikey wasn't around which meant that he was alone.

Some might look at their closeness and think of something else compared to what the ones surrounding them thought.

An outsider of the clan would look at the two and probably assume they were mates. But that thought never passed through a single vampire's mind that knew the two fertiles.

Besides, why would they ever think something like that? Fertile's mates were Doms, not other fertiles. The idea of anything other than that was almost crazy. That just doesn't happen. Ever.

It'd be something almost as bad as a vampire having a human mate. Not only would it be severely frowned upon, but also many would probably be disgusted by it.

However, a human mate would really be worse than a fertile mate for another fertile.

But they were just best friends. Tristan knew that, James knew that, Gerard knew it, so did Frank and Ray as Christa did as well.

After all, they came over for a visit the day after Ryan went home from the hospital with the clan. Honestly they had come over to give good news that Christa was pregnant.

Yes, they had wanted to wait for a while until they started a family, but it wasn't planned for her to become pregnant. But even so, they both were excited for it and really into the idea.

It wasn't like vampires would ever resent their mate becoming pregnant when not wanted. Every child a Dom's mate had was a blessing for the family and clan. It was how everyone, well almost everyone, looked and saw it as.

Ray and Christa were no exception.

So when they came over to the Way house and saw Mikey was downstairs, it was a shock for them because almost everytime they had come over he had been upstairs in his room. They also saw that there was another fertile sitting next to him on the sofa he was sat on.

They both weren't talking or facing each other, or even taking note of the other, but they didn't need to. As long as they had the presence of the other around them, they didn't need to keep their attention on one another just to feel safe and okay.

Ryan had the same tutor that Mikey did, but his first session was starting tomorrow, the third day that Ryan was with the clan, so he still couldn't really speak clearly or very well.

But Mikey could understand what he wanted to say most of the time just by hearing the few words he could speak. It was because he knew what it was like to be like that and he could remember the words he used when trying to form a certain sentence, and he mostly based his understanding of what Ryan was trying to say on what he used to do.

Only because when they were with the humans it was how it was. The same words they used to say the same sentence. Well, most of the time anyways.

"Hey Mikey," Christa greeted the fertile who looked up at her and smiled. Yes, he smiled. That shocked her for a moment before she got over it and smiled back at him. "Who's this?" She looked at the other fertile to show Mikey who she was on about.

"Ryan," was the only word Mikey said, but Christa knew about Ryan. Him being Mikey's best friend and all, so she was also surprised to see him there, sitting on the sofa with Mikey. She felt as if she had missed a lot.

"Hey Ryan, I'm Christa," she said, sitting next to him and giving him a smile as well. He looked at Mikey who nodded at him. Ryan looked back at Christa before giving her a weak smile as well. "H-hi Ch-hrista."

Ray went into the kitchen were Gerard was. He was smoking a cigarette by the back door. The only thing he hated about coming over to his parents house was that Tristan always made him smoke by the back door. He was so fussy with his house looking nice, being nice and smelling nice.

Apparently smoke wasn't a nice smell to him.

"When did Ryan get found?" were the words that greeted Gerard. He looked over from where he was standing to see Ray was standing next to him but leaning against the wall, arms folded.

Gerard took a short drag on his cigarette. "Mikey started puking up blood. But he was on the street when doing so which made everyone worry because no one could find him. Turned out not all human blood was out of his system and it had started producing more which his body didn't like."

Even though Ray did ask about Ryan, he was listening closely over what happened with Mikey. It was obvious that it was going to lead up to how Ryan got found. He could just tell.

"He lost so much blood because he puked so much up. So he had to stay in over night so he could get the right amount of blood put back into his system," Gerard continued, letting the smoke from his cigarette drift outside. "I was outside, doing what I'm doing now, and I see this figure from the corner of my eye."

If Ray didn't know better, he'd say that it almost sounded like Gerard wanted to cry. But of course, he wouldn't want to cry. Doms don't cry, not really. There weren't many times a Dom would cry, and Ray knew that Gerard didn't want to cry now.

He was right, he didn't, but it didn't stop the sound of him wanting to cry seep into his voice.

"He fell to the floor as I approached him. When he spoke... I could tell that he was like Mikey was when we first heard him. So I knew it'd be another fertile. I brought him into the hospital and took him to William."

Gerard flicked the butt of his cigarette outside before closing the back door. "At first we were confused when he leapt from the bed and clung tight to Mikey. Then Mikey clung tight to him."

Ray nodded at what he was being told. He couldn't help but think that this would be such a good thing for the fertile. Even though he didn't know much of what's gone on recently, he could tell that this would be something that would be good.

"They won't leave each other's sides, Ray," Gerard spoke but in a soft voice as if he didn't want anyone else to hear. "Mom's over the moon that Mikey's not as depressed as he was before and he smiles a lot, but I can't help but worry. I know they're best friends and they've been separated a long time, but this can't be good for them."

Ray understood what Gerard was trying to say. That he was worried about the fact that they won't leave each other's side. It was a good thing that they're close, but it's a whole different thing if they depended on each other in a huge amount.

It could cause a lot of problems.
♠ ♠ ♠
Despite having finished this, I do not know how many chapters there are.