Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Veintinueve.

Despite how close Mikey and Ryan were, it was inevitable that one of them was going to find their mate in the end. Well, actually it was inevitable that both of them were going to find their mate, but obviously not at the same time.

Everyone thought it'd be Mikey who found his mate before Ryan considering he had been back with the vampires longer than Ryan had been, not to mention the fact that he was with his actual clan and Ryan still wasn't.

But no, Ryan was the one who found his mate first. Or more like, it was his mate who found him.

The Urie clan had been away on their annual family holiday to the City of Torture. Lots of vampire clans go there sometimes for a holiday because they just love the night shows of human torture, and plus the fertiles are allowed to go back stage afterwards and watch the ones who put on the shows rub salt into the human's wounds, or if needed to, sow their limbs back together.

And it was really appealing for the fertiles to watch.

Of course their Doms were allowed to go with them, but most of the fertiles wanted to go with just the fertiles they were with because then they could gush about how it was interesting to watch the humans being pieced back together.

So when the Urie clan came back, they came and visited the Ways. They left for their holiday almost just before Ryan was found so they didn't know about him being with the Ways or anything like that.

When Tristan opened the door he almost squealed in happiness when he saw his friend Kyle and his Dom mate Adam. "Kyle!" he exclaimed stepping forward and hugging the fertile. Kyle hugged him back, smiling widely.

Being away on their holiday had made him miss his friends here a lot, but then again every holiday he went on made him miss all his friends. Never stopped him going every year though.

When Tristan pulled away from the hug he turned towards Adam and hugged him too. "It's good to see you looking happy, Tristan," the Dom said, obviously referring to the fact that before they went on holiday the fertile hardly smiled and wasn't happy because his son wasn't.

This made Tristan frown. Ever since it had come out that the fertiles had been raped by the humans, Mikey had gone back to how he was at the beginning of this all: barely even talking or interacting with anyone. Including Ryan. Mainly because no one told Ryan that the other vampires knew about them being raped.

He still thought they didn't and it was why he wasn't like Mikey was. Or like Sean was. Even though he had his mate who constantly told him that it wasn't his fault, sometimes he couldn't help but think that it was his fault. And he was just like Mikey was, just only a little less. Because Ian didn't let him not interact with him.

It wasn't like he forced the fertile either; he just refused to let the fertile spend time alone and would always start talking with him so that he couldn't begin to isolate himself from everyone.

Times like these were times when Tristan really wished that Mikey would get out and about more so that he could find his mate. Because if Mikey had his mate he wouldn't be allowed to lock himself away from people. His mate wouldn't allow it; much like Ian doesn't allow it.

But Tristan brushed off what the Dom said because he didn't want to get into this conversation now. He looked past Adam and saw their Dom son, Brendon. "Brendon, I haven't seen you in ages!" he said to the Dom, hugging him as well.

It was true, he'd been in the Vampire Capital City studying in the university that only selected Doms managed to do. He'd been there for the last four years. His parents had been overwhelmed with pride when he got requested to attend the university.

This means he hadn't seen Mikey nor Ryan. His parents didn't tell him about Mikey being back. They didn't deliberately not tell him or anything, they just simply forgot about it from the holiday they had just been on.

Tristan let them all in the house before closing the door and leading them into the sitting room. Ryan was sat on the sofa, curled into himself. He done that often because he was sometimes alone for a long time, and from being with the humans, being curled into himself was still one of the most safest positions he could be in.

At least to the fertile it was.

“Oh, who's this Tristan?” Kyle asked when he saw Ryan. When the fertile said that it made Brendon and Adam look at Ryan too.

"This is Ryan. He's Mikey's best friend," Tristan said, sitting next to the fertile and smiling at him. Ryan was comfortable around Tristan a lot recently. Sometimes it seemed that he was more comfortable around the fertile than Mikey was. Tristan always tried not to think about that.

"Mikey?" Brendon questioned which made Adam and Kyle realise that they hadn't told him about Mikey having been found and brought back to the Ways.

"Oh! I can't believe we forgot about telling you Brendon," Kyle exclaimed. "Remember Mikey, Gerard's little fertile brother?"

Brendon thought for a minute, "Oh, the one who was taken from them when he was younger?" Kyle nodded. "You mean he's been found? Little Mikey's home?" Kyle nodded again.

The Dom looked at Tristan who nodded his head as well. "How'd did you find him? This must be amazing for you, Tristan."

The fertile laughed without humour. "The hospital phoned when another fertile and her mate brought him in after finding him at the side of the road, bleeding and unconscious. He went through so much in the hands of the humans, but we're helping him cope with it all. Ryan here was his best friend from there."

Ryan looked up from where he was curled into himself when Tristan said his name. He looked around the room, his eyes drifting from Kyle to Adam and then finally rested on Brendon.

The Dom looked at the fertile too. And in that instant he felt an overwhelming need to protect him. To care for him. To be with him.

The fertile on the other hand didn't exactly know what he was feeling. It was something weird and it was starting to freak him out a bit because he didn't know the Dom he was looking at and yet this feeling only started to surface when he looked at him.

"I-I'm going to see Mikey," he mumbled before dashing from the sofa and upstairs. He felt slightly better when he was out of the room. The weird feeling had died down a bit and he was no longer as freaked out as he was before.

When he got to Mikey's room he didn't knock, just opened the door and walked in. The fertile was just sitting up on his bed, skimming over the Vampire Laws Book.

He had been looking over the same book for the past several days now. Tristan had first noticed that he was looking at it five days ago. He asked Mikey where he had got it from and all the fertile did was shrug his shoulder before continuing to look over the book.

Frank had asked him as well when he and Gerard had come over to see Tristan and James. All Mikey did was say he wanted to know more about being a vampire. Frank had nodded, remembering that Mikey hadn't gone to school like he had which was why he didn't know too much about vampires and he thought it was good of him to be reading up about it all.

Ryan hadn't even asked him about it because if he were honest, he didn't care what Mikey done. If he wanted to read about the Vampire Laws then he could, Ryan wouldn't question him. And that was something that Mikey liked. It was why Ryan done it because he knew Mikey didn't like being questioned about why he was doing something, much like he himself didn't like being questioned about anything he was doing.

"Hey Ryan," Mikey mumbled as the fertile sat on his bed. He knew it was Ryan because he didn't knock and everyone else who came into his room knocked.

The Vampire Laws Book was just sitting in front of Mikey and it didn't look like he was reading it so Ryan reached over and pulled it closer to him, flicking through the pages.

He didn't know what he was looking for exactly, but he knew that it'd be something to do with clans and members in the clan so he had to go to somewhere around the beginning of the book. Everything about families and clans were at the beginning of the book because they were most important things to vampires so therefore they got prioritised at the front of the book.

When he got the mate section he slowed down a bit. When he got to a certain page he froze and looked over the words. It was describing how one would know that they had found their mate.

Ryan skipped over how a Dom would know and looked at how a fertile would know. And his heart almost skipped a beat because it stated in black and white that what he had been feeling when he saw Brendon, a weird feeling in his heart, was something that some fertiles felt when they saw their mate for the first time.

But unlike most fertile who found this news out, Ryan wasn't ecstatic. He was scared. Mikey had been reading the words along with him and it had twigged to him why Ryan had been reading about it.

"M-mikey, I-I think I've found my mate," the fertile whispered, eyes wide and his body trembling.

This wasn't a normal reaction of a fertile after finding out that they've found their mate. But Ryan has the same affect that Mikey had, the human blood had entwined itself into his mind so instead of having a normal fertile reaction, he was scared.

But the thing with Ryan is that it seemed that as time went by the human blood that was entwined in his mind was slowly disappearing. And he was slowly getting to become like a normal fertile.

No one understood why it was happening to Ryan and not Mikey. Tristan had even taken both fertile to the hospital to see whether they could work out what was going on.

And no matter what the doctor done, he couldn't work out why it was happening with Ryan and not Mikey. Of course they never told the fertiles what was going on, firstly because Tristan didn't want to upset Mikey over it and secondly he didn't was Ryan to overreact over it.

No one could predict what his reaction would have been to it. After all it wasn't like anyone really knew what had happened, to the T, with the fertiles in the hands of the humans.

Sure, they knew that they were beaten, raped and had the blood injected into their system. That alone was something extremely traumatic for any fertile to have gone through. But anything else could have happened to the fertiles whilst they were with the humans, and the other vampires didn't know whether anything had.

Plus the fact that they had been with the humans for a vast amount of time which meant that everything they went through could have been inflicted on them more then once.

A knock on the door brought both fertiles from their thoughts. Ryan looked at Mikey with wide eyes. Mikey didn't know what he should do so he just stayed quiet, not calling out and not letting whoever it was outside his room know they weren't allowed to come in.

And because he didn't say that, the person didn't come in. And that told Mikey that it hadn't been Tristan. Mikey didn't know that Brendon, Adam and Kyle were downstairs, he hadn't heard the door.

"T-that was him," Ryan whispered to Mikey.

In any other circumstance, it could have been an amusing situation. The fact that the fertile was almost hiding from his mate could be something that was amusing when it's done in good nature. Not when it's done because the fertile doesn't like how he's feeling and he's scared of the Dom.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door, "Mikey? Ryan?" It was Tristan.

"I'm scared Mikey. I don't like the feeling I got when I looked at him," Ryan whispered.

Just after he had said that the door opened and Tristan looked into the room. He could see that both fertile were sitting on Mikey's bed, facing each other. He also noticed that the Vampire Laws Book was still on Mikey's bed, and it was open. When he stepped into the room it allowed Brendon to follow the fertile into the room.

"Ryan, sweetie, why did you run like that?" Tristan asked, going over to the bed and sitting on the edge. His eyes flicked to the Vampire Laws Book and he noted that it was open on the mate's section and on the page that describes how Doms and fertiles would know they found their mate.

Almost as soon as Ryan had left the room, everyone in the room had looked to Brendon. They had noticed that Ryan had left the room almost straight after looking at Brendon. And when they looked at him he told them that he had found his mate.

"Brendon's not scary or anything, Ryan," Tristan continued. This made Ryan look from Mikey to his mum. He realised that he wasn't the only one who knew about him finding his mate. He just didn't realise that Brendon was standing by the doorway.

"I'm scared about what I'm feeling," Ryan told Tristan in a whisper. Tristan smiled sadly at the fertile.

He didn't know what he could really say to Ryan. This wasn't something he was used to. Hearing about fertiles being scared of what they were feeling when they found their mate.

"He's by the door," Mikey said in a voice that Tristan didn't hear but Ryan did. It made the fertile look up suddenly and stare at the Dom in the doorway. A light red colour stained his cheeks over the fact that he had heard that he was scared about how he was feeling.

Brendon could see Ryan looking at him and he could almost see the fear on his face. Of course, he didn't know exactly why he was scared, but Tristan told him that it might be something that he would be feeling and that he would explain to him everything that had happened to Ryan after him and the fertile spoke.

"Ryan, can we talk?" Brendon asked in a soft voice. Ryan's eyes widened even more as he looked at Mikey before looking at Tristan. Tristan nodded at him which made Ryan look back at Brendon before nodding and slowly climbing off the bed.

He made his way over to the door and Brendon smiled softly at him. With one last look at Mikey, Ryan left the room with Brendon, letting the door close behind them.

When Tristan looked back at Mikey he sighed when he saw that the fertile was already looking at the book again. This meant that he wouldn't be able to talk to him because there was no way Mikey would listen or even want to listen.

Tristan left the room with another sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter wasn't originally in the story. This came from boredness and the fact that I had a block with my AugNo which lead to me editing on this.