Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Tres.

When the fertile woke from his sleep the first thing he noticed was the IV running into his blood stream. He then noticed that he was alone in the room. He didn't quite know whether that was a good thing or not. He was still dazed and disorientated so maybe the fact that he was alone was a bad thing.

He still didn't realise that he was a fertile; all his life that he could remember he was told that he was an experiment human. That's what everyone there was; it was why they all were injected with that blood that made them vomit every single time as their own blood tried pushing out the foreign blood.

'Everyone' that the fertile was referring to was the other fertiles that were there with him. None of them could remember life before being kept in that room and being treated worse than cattle. He could faintly remember someone talking and he overheard that they were mixing human blood, which he thought was theirs, and a blood called fertile blood together so they would know whether the human blood could overlap the fertile blood.

He didn't know why they'd want to do that but then he didn't know much. It wasn't like he or the other fertiles there were educated in anything. They just had to pick up the few words they could from the people who kept them there, and were forced to be able to understand what they were told.

The fertile was taken from his thought when the door opened and someone came in the room. He looked over to the door and realised that it was only the nurse.

"Hey sweetie, how you feeling?" she asked him, coming over to the bed and checking out his IV. He shifted slightly before casting his eyes down to his hands and the IV. "It's okay, you don't need to answer. You've been through a lot by what we've worked out."

These words did confuse the fertile because he didn't quite get what she meant by that. But he didn't question her because he didn't feel he should question her. Though, even if he did feel he should question her it wasn't like he knew what words he should use to question her with.

"I should think a few more hours, two at the most, with this IV connected to you and we should be able to run your blood through the Head vampire's system and get you to your clan sweetie," the nurse told him, smiling widely at the thought of him finally going home.

Even if they hadn't been told verbally, they all knew that he probably didn't remember or know his family and it would be something that he would never have dreamed of to be able to go to them. Of course, something he would have never dreamed of because it wasn't like he realised that he had a family to go back to; no one where he was did. They thought that where they were and the people who were the 'experiment humans' with him were their family.

"C-clan?" the fertile asked timidly, quite confused over the words that the nurse had just said to him. He didn't get it: clan? What was that? He never had any contact with the outside world where he was and the main person he kept contact with, and by contact that was staying huddled together for a sense of knowing someone, was another fertile called Ryan. Of course they both didn't know they were fertiles but that was beside the point.

The nurse gave him a sympathetic smile. "Yes, sweetie. You're a fertile vampire, you have a clan. It's your family, they'll be very happy to get you back, I'm sure." These words confused him even more.

"E-experiment..." he started, stopping when he felt that he couldn't form the other words. After a minute or so, he started again. "Experiment... h-human."

The nurse looked really confused at these words and the fertile could see that. He didn't quite know what he could do to make her understand, so he made the notion of a needle going into his arm. That made a look of realisation wash over the nurse, although she still didn't get what he meant by experiment human.

"You think you're an experiment human?" she asked him to which she received a quick nod from. She shook her head at him. "No sweetie, you're no human. You're a fertile. A vampire, not a disgusting human."

This confused the fertile even more. He wasn't a human? But that's all he had been told all his life and that's what he and all the others believed they were. The nurse sat at the end of the bed and smiled up at him.

"T-they...... inject.... blood," he stuttered out to the nurse, him trying to tell her why he's an experiment human. "Inject... f-fertile blood."

The nurse felt shocked at what he was telling her and she also felt hatred. This poor fertile had been told he was a human and was having fertile blood injected into him? Humans were worse than she originally thought, and her original thoughts were bad enough.

"No sweetie, they injected you with human blood. It's disgusting blood that doesn't agree with you or your body. It's why we're getting it out from you. You see this?" She pointed to the IV. "This is putting back fertile blood inside your system. It's making you better and getting rid of the nasty human blood."

The fertile looked down at the IV before looking back up at the nurse. He wanted to say something but he didn't quite know what to say. His lack of ability to form words all too well was one reason as to why he didn't know what to say. The nurse just smiled at him, comforting him, or at least trying to comfort him.

The nurse just looked at the fertile again. "Don't worry; we don't expect you to understand straight away. It must be a lot to take in, I get that. But you just have to remember, you're not a human. You're a fertile. You're beautiful on the inside and out unlike humans are."

The fertile nodded, trying to remember that. He wasn't a human. He wasn't something that he was thought to be all his life. Did that mean that Ryan wasn't either? And where was Ryan?

He looked at his hands, his mind wandering. Why was he here and not back where he normally was? All he could remember was a last dose of injections and then someone said something about how that had succeeded in someone which made them happy. He thought he could remember them say something about how they managed to manage to get the blood to take over in one fertile.

But he couldn't be too sure. Even so, that still didn't tell him why he was no longer where he thought he should be. And he couldn’t help but wonder what had happened to Ryan as well.

"Oh, look at that." The nurse was looking at the IV which made the fertile look down as well. She had only been in the room a little over a half hour. "Your body seems to be taking the blood very well sweetie. We might even be able to run your blood through the system quicker than we expected."

He was slowly wrapping his head around what the nurse was saying, so he was slowly understanding more of what was going on. Although, when there was a knock at the door of his room, he snapped his head up and looked at the nurse almost worried.

She smiled at him. "Don't worry, that'll probably be the couple who found you." With that the door opened and the fertile watched as a male and female came into the room. The female was the same one who came in last time with the nurse.

"William wants to know how the blood's doing," Ray said to the nurse, who then smiled wide.

"Tell him it's doing better than we first thought Ray. It seems that the blood is going in really well and he might not have to be waiting for two hours until his blood can be ran through the system," when the nurse said that, Ray nodded before smiling at the fertile in the bed and leaving the room, presumably to tell the doctor what the nurse just said.

Christa came closer to the fertile and sat at the end of the bed, she was smiling as well. It was almost posed as a comforter to the fertile, which was working with him. "Your clan will be happy to have you back."

The fertile nodded at Christa's words. He didn't know what exactly a clan was but it sounded like a nice thing and maybe they'd be nice people, like the nurse and this fertile was.

The nurse then turned to Christa. "Poor thing, the humans told him he was one of them and they were injecting the fertile blood into him."

Christa shook her head, even more disgusted with what the humans were like. They never were nice creatures. "I can only imagine what you're feeling now, but you never have to fear anyone. No vampires will hurt you, we care for each other. We're almost one big family," she told the fertile.

The nurse then excused herself from the room which left the fertile and Christa alone.

The fertile nodded before licking his lips slightly. "R-ryan.... family?" He really wanted to know where Ryan was and whether or not he was in the same place as him.

Christa furrowed her eyebrows lightly before looking at the fertile. "Who's Ryan?" she asked.

"Ryan... family? He there..... place with me." That was the longest sentence the fertile had spoken whilst in the hospital. He never really spoke much, only he and Ryan would talk sometimes but it wouldn't be too much seeing as neither of them could talk all that well.

Christa just edged towards the fertile more. "Is Ryan your friend?" When she got a enthusiastic nod from the fertile she carried on talking. "Did he have the same happen to him what you have?"

The fertile paused for a minute. Did she mean having the ferti--human blood injected in his blood stream daily? If so, then he didn't really know. They never went together, it was always alone. In a sense, that made it worse.

"D-don't.... know," he stuttered out again which only made Christa sigh. She knew that he probably did, if he was in the same place as this fertile was, and that was even more horrible to think about.

That not only was it one fertile that had went through something as horrible as that but there was more than just this one. Hell, Christa thought, there was probably more than just them two and that thought made her feel sick even more.

"My name's Christa," she told him, trying to steer the subject away from who had this done to who and everything. "My mate, Ray, was just in the room. Oh, when you get your clan you'll also find a mate sometime in your life."

The fertile raised his eyebrow lightly at 'mate'; he didn't quite know what that meant. Christa saw that and started explaining, "Your mate is someone who, when you meet, you just know you belong together. You both feel it and you never leave one another. It's like you're bonded here." At that she placed her hand on her heart.

"And with your mate, you start a family. You have you own family and it's the best feeling in the world, knowing you have a mate who loves you dearly and children from said mate," Christa continued gushing which made the fertile slowly become more.... comfortable?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm debating about whether or not to include the word count on the chapters.