Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Treinta.

Mikey didn't understand why he was feeling what he was. It didn't make sense, and he knew that it certainly wasn't right for him to feeling the feelings that he was.

But yet somehow he was feeling them.

He didn't want to be feeling them though. Mikey wanted to at least try and be normal for once. But no, these feelings had to stop him trying to reach that normality.

And it was for that reason that the fertile found himself on his bed, head in hands and his lips moving over and over again. Mumbling to himself about how this wasn't right and he was just close to him over what had happened to them with the humans.

Mikey had actually woken up in an okay mood today. It had been a while since the others had found out about what happened to him whilst being with the humans. And slowly, with the help of Tristan, he was realising that it wasn't his fault that it happened to him, and there was no way that he deserved what happened to him.

Tristan had refused to let him wallow away in his room the day after Ryan found his mate so he had gone upstairs and sat with Mikey all day. And that had prompted something within the fertile to stop ignoring the attempts of his mum and actually listen to him.

Which lead to Tristan helping Mikey to realise that everything that happened to him when he was with the humans was not his fault.

Some days he believed it but he still had his occasional day where he didn't believe it and would spend all day in his room blaming himself for it until Tristan would come upstairs, find him in his room, and let the fertile cry to him.

Mikey only ever now cried on them occasional days, he didn't have a need to cry much. He was slowly getting better which also meant that he was slowly getting happier.

Still nowhere near getting over it, but no one expected him to be.

A knock on his door brought him from his thoughts and mumbling. He knew it'd probably be Frank because Gerard was over today because he was at work later on tonight and he needed Frank to stay here because he's some way gone with his pregnancy that Gerard didn't want him left alone.

And plus, coming over to the Way's house was almost the only time that Frank could go out the house. Unless it was to go over to Christa and Ray's house, but that wasn't often either because she was pregnant and Ray liked spending a lot of time with her alone.

It made their bond stronger and let him bond with his unborn Dom.

Frank opened the door and came into the room, shutting the door behind him before almost skipping to the bed and flopping down on his back. His stomach was round and adorable in his mate's eyes. Frank just thought it was round and in the way.

But he loved his fertile dearly and would never ask to not be pregnant with her.

Him and Gerard found out that it was a her only a few days ago. It was why Gerard didn't want him being alone whilst pregnant.

"Hey Mikey," he said softly, looking at the fertile next to him. "You look troubled. What's up?"

He shrugged before looking up from where he was staring at his hands. Of course before Frank came into his room he removed his head from his hands, but didn't remove his expression.

"You can tell me anything, really Mikey," Frank told him, giving a smile to him.

Mikey let out a light sigh. "I-I was think about my mate, Frank. I want to know who he is. Where he is. I don't know why though, it's confusing me as to why I'm thinking about him when I don't even know him."

It was true, in a sense, that he was thinking about his mate. Because after Ryan had found Brendon, he had moved out because his place was with his mate. And that had made Mikey realise that he was lonely without Ryan.

The fertile still had no clan that he was linked to. It still baffled William and Cassadee, who every week brought Ryan back into the hospital to take his blood and run it through the system again. Brendon went with him every week to the hospital. He was sat down by Tristan and Cassadee and told about what had happened with Ryan.

To say he was pissed was an understatement.

Frank gave a light chuckle to what his friend said. "It's natural, Mikey, to be thinking about your mate even though you haven't met. You are bonded within your heart, remember, so that makes all the thinking and thoughts about him natural."

The talk about mates made Frank think back to before he had met Gerard.

"I remember thinking about Gerard before I had even met him," Frank told the fertile next to him. "I didn't get why I was thinking about him has vivid as I was, and I told my mom and he said that it was a natural thing to be thinking about when your mate's close by. So when you start thinking about him vividly, Mikey, it means that he's close by and that you're going to meet him soon."

Mikey nodded at what he was being told by the fertile. He had been thinking about his mate but not vividly; only thoughts. But now that he knew it was natural, something he was thinking about was actually natural, he wasn't as confused with himself thinking about him.

They stayed sitting on the bed for a while. Well, Frank was laying on his back rather than sitting up, but that was because he couldn't be bothered to move himself up to the sitting position and would rather just lay like he was, hands on his stomach.

"Frank?" Mikey asked which received a 'mhm' from the other fertile who was almost falling asleep where he was.

Looking over at him, Mikey bit his lip as he tried to think about whether or not he should say what he was going to say or not. Frank was almost asleep and him telling the fertile this would surely knock the sleep from him, but Mikey didn't think that would be a good idea considering that he's pregnant and everything.

"Yeah, Mikey?" Frank answered again, his eyes almost closed.

The fertile shook his head before realising that he couldn't see what he was doing. "Nothing, just, thank you for being there for me to talk to at times. I don't know what I would do without you, Frank," the fertile said, his voice trailing off at the end.

It was true though and Mikey didn't regret saying the words. It did wake Frank up enough because he sat up, smiled widely at Mikey before pulling him into a hug.

After that the fertile did manage to fall asleep and as Mikey was just sitting there, not doing anything, he decided that it would just be best if he laid down and want to sleep.

Which is exactly what he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter originally started off differently but then I realised I didn't want to spell out what Mikey was feeling in black and white so instead, hide it.
And there's a time jump - I think - in the next chapter.