Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Cuatro.

Christa wasn't sure how long the nurse was gone, but she had managed to have a part conversation with the fertile. He gave her short, unsure answers but at least he was talking and managing to communicate with her.

When the door opened both the nurse and the doctor came in followed by two more figures behind them. Christa smiled at Frank and Gerard who were the two figures. The nurse brought the doctor over to the IV and the fertile and they started talking all the medical terms that she wasn't all-too familiar with, even though she was into the medicine stuff.

Gerard and Frank came over to the bed. Frank smiled wide at the fertile before sitting next to Christa on the bed. Gerard just stood there, his eyes on the fertile. He looked almost familiar....

"This blood is taking very well to you. I think another ten-twenty minutes and then we should be able to check your blood and then maybe run it through the Head vampire's system," the doctor confirmed what the nurse was saying before, a firm nod followed as well.

"Ooh, that's good," Christa said, smiling at the fertile. He just nodded slowly, agreeing that it was good even though he didn't exactly know why it would be good, he was just agreeing with what they were saying.

"What's your name?" Gerard asked, his eyes still on the fertile. He couldn't put where he looked familiar from, he hadn't seen the fertile before, that was certain, but he reminded him of a certain someone.

"He can't remember his name, Gerard. He can only remember from the time he started getting the injections until now. His past life, the brief time he had with his clan, he can't remember," the nurse explained to the Dom. Gerard just sighed.

He really wanted this to hurry up so that he could make sure the fertile got to his clan safely and so that he could work out then why he was so familiar.

Gerard had a baby brother before and sixteen years ago he was taken from them. He had been out with his mother at the time and it was just two fertiles out shopping. Gerard was being enrolled into vampire school by his father at the time. And what had happened was his mother was jumped by a big pack of humans, who beat his mother unconscious and left the fertile on the floor whilst taking his baby brother with them.

Both his father and himself, despite being at a young age, were enraged by the fact that human scum had dared to touch a fertile, Gerard's mother at that, and had taken his brother.

A huge search went one; child fertiles were highly prioritised and whenever they're taken by humans, searches are extreme and painful for the humans. During the first two days of the search over fifty humans were brought to their death just over some Dom's tempers or the fact that they believed they were lying to them.

Gerard's mother never got over the beating by humans and the fact that his baby fertile was taken whilst he was being beaten. His father didn't take it all to well either; it was natural for a Dom to feel guilt to a certain degree when something happened to their fertile whenever they weren't around. Neither got over the fact that their fertile child was gone and as the years went by, the hurt still lingered as fresh as can be.

Gerard felt the hurt as well; he used to be close to his baby brother. And when they couldn't find him, even after all these years, it sifted into his temper. It was why he had such a good reputation as a torturer. He had harsh punishments and a severe temper that no human ever wanted to experience.

The Doms left the room for a while, leaving the fertiles together so that the one in the bed could feel even more comfortable as the time slowly crept later and later, getting closer to the time when his blood would be tested and then put through the system if it was rid of the human blood almost completely.

"This is so exciting," Frank burst, smiling really widely as he bounced lightly in his place. "I can't wait until you find you clan and can go home."

Christa nodded, agreeing with what Frank was saying. "Yeah, and we'll still be around for you to talk to, if you want to. Fertiles tend to be friends and you're our friend," Christa told the fertile.

He couldn't help but let a smile break across his face. Even though it was there, it was little and barely visible. But both Frank and Christa saw it which made them feel happy, in a way.

"Five minutes left," the nurse told them. She was sat on the chair against the wall by the bed. Her eyes were on the IV and she was just waiting for the time on her watch to tick by so she could check out the IV and then go get the doctor if she thought it was okay to run through the system. She was almost one hundred percent positive that his blood would be ready to go through the system when the five minutes passed.

The fertile was slightly nervous as well. If his blood was ready to go through the system, what would happen when they found out what clan he belonged to? Would he go to them? What if they didn't want him? But from what the other fertiles were saying that'd probably never be likely.

It was hard for him to take in, that he was a fertile when he was told that he was a human for all the time he could remember, but from how the other fertiles were around him, it made him somewhat comfortable with the idea.

Still didn't stop the worry and slight fear he felt as the nurse told them that there was only a minute to go until she'd be checking his blood to see whether or not the human blood had been removed and fought away by the new fertile blood. Which it probably would have, the doctor's got a good idea what he's doing, even though it was the first case he had ever had like that.

"Alright sweetie, I'm going to check your blood now. This might feel a bit uncomfortable for a moment, but it'll only be for a moment just so I can check the blood, okay?" the nurse explained to the fertile who nodded his head at what she was saying.

Christa and Frank decided to get his attention so he didn't watch what the nurse was doing - i.e taking his blood with a needle. Even though he was used to needles seeing as that's all he's had done to him all his life that he remembers.

"Your blood is officially human blood free," when the nurse said those words the other two fertiles let out cheers. They were happy that the fertile no longer had the disgusting human blood in his system. It had probably messed with his body a fair bit and they probably wouldn't know yet until it presented itself as a problem.

The nurse went to find the doctor, to tell him the good news.

"They're going to find you your family, your clan. This is so amazing to witness Christa. Not the whole fact that you've been suffering like this, of course, but the fact that you're going to be going to your clan and we get to witness the happiness, don't you think 'Rista?" Frank said, nodding his head slightly. Christa nodded her head as well.

They didn't know whether the nurse was going to be coming back with the doctor to take some more blood or whether she was going to give the doctor the blood she had just taken to test whether it was human blood-free so that he could run that through the system.

Neither of the fertiles knew how long running blood through the system took, Frank thought it would be a quick thing to do whereas Christa thought it was going to be an almost long thing to do, not insanely long though.

In fact, it was neither. It took twenty minutes for the doctor to check over the blood, making sure that it was one hundred percent human blood clear before he could run it through the system. It's not that he didn't trust the nurse and when she checked through it, but it was crucial that it didn't contain a single bit of human blood in so the check over was necessary. The nurse understood as well.

It took around fifteen minutes for the blood to go through the system, for the doctor to find out what clan the fertile belonged to and for him to phone up the clan and ask them to come down to the hospital. Of course, he didn't explain over the phone why he wanted them down here, but he felt that they could have guessed if they wanted to.

When he and Gerard went back in the fertile's room, Gerard went straight up to him and brought the fertile into a big hug. It was him, his baby brother. He was alive and he was here.

"Mikey, fuck, mom and dad are going to freak out when they get here." This was the first time that Christa and Frank had seen Gerard so... overwhelmed. But then, they didn't blame him. Sixteen years was a long time to go without knowing whether his brother, his fertile brother at that, was okay or not.

Hell, there was a chance that he could have been dead and everytime that thought ever dared to enter Gerard's head, a human ended up dead.

When Gerard pulled away from the fertile, he looked up at the Dom. This was his brother? He had a brother? And his name was Mikey..... that did sound familiar.

"Frankie, it's Mikey. I have my baby brother back," Gerard told his mate. Normally Gerard didn't show as much emotion as he was now; it was natural for Doms not to unless they were in the comforts of their home and with their mate. His mate was in the room so that could be accounted for.

Christa felt pleased with herself. If she didn't have the feeling that something wasn't right when she saw him laying on the floor then they wouldn't be here at this moment in time and Gerard wouldn't have his brother back. And fuck, his parents were on the way and Christa knew that his mother would be severely overcome with emotion about the fact that his baby was alive and well.

Although, when he finds out about what Mikey had gone through, he might even cry a bit more. Over the fact that his baby had gone through such horrid things, being taken by humans was one thing and being injected with human blood was a totally different thing.

And his father would be even more pissed at the humans then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I got lazy and didn't post this chapter during the day. So instead I decide to post it now, at half two in the morning.