Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Cinco.

Tristan and James Way got to the hospital as quick as they could. The fertile had almost made a choking noise when they had received a phone call from the fertile hospital. It took all James had to calm Tristan down enough for them to actually get to the hospital.

William was waiting for them when they arrived and when Tristan saw his smile he felt his heart stop in his chest. "If you would follow me," he told the two vampires, not quite saying why exactly but he was almost certain they would have both guessed by now. Vampires weren't stupid creatures.

The doctor led them down the hall and they got to the room that held all the others in. When he opened the door Tristan almost flew in and attacked Mikey in a hug, almost smothering him in kisses and a tight hug. He didn't take note of how Mikey didn't know what to do exactly, so he wasn't hugging back.

He only noticed when he felt Gerard tug at his arm. "Mom, the doctor has to tell you and dad something important."

The fertile had tears in his eyes; his baby was back with him. He had only dreamt about this happening but he had never given up hope that one day his baby would come back to him. So when Gerard said that, his head snapped up quickly and he looked at the doctor with worried eyes.

And he had every right to be worried.

"It might be better if we stepped outside," the doctor said. James nodded before going over to his mate and taking his hand, kissing his cheek lightly before leading him out of the room.

Once outside the doctor closed the door and took a deep breath. "We aren't quite sure what the fertile went through for all the years but for the best part of ten years, Mikey has had human blood injected into his blood stream."

Tristan let out a strangled sob at what the doctor just told them. James could only clench his teeth tight, his rage was streaming off him at an incredible rate.

"The human scums who had him made him think he was human all his life and that he was having fertile blood injected in to him. We've explained as best as we could to have that it's not true and it seems to have gotten to him," the doctor continued, "Mikey also hasn't been educated. He can string together sentences but not a lot. But that can be helped by simple tutoring and such."

Tristan was nodding along lightly at what the doctor was telling them. He wasn't going to be letting Mikey out of his sight for a while when they take him home so the tutor would be the best thing to do.

"We're also unsure as to whether or not there's any damage to him from the human blood being inside his system. If anything out of the ordinary happens to him, you bring him to me straight away because it could be something to do with that."

Tristan was being affected by the rage that his mate was emitting but because this was about their fertile, it wasn't like it was normally. Yes, it was sexually arousing for the fertile but he wasn't getting like he normally does.

"You have that fertile in the room to thank for you getting your son back. If Christa didn't stop with her mate when they found him on the floor, he would have never come in here and we would have never known about this all," the doctor concluded.

He let the couple absorb the information before he opened the door again and let them back into the room. Mikey had been got out of bed during their talk and he was now dressed in clothes that were clean but clothes that he wasn't used to.

Of course, Gerard had turned around because he's a Dom but the fertiles didn't turn around because they were all fertiles, so it was okay.

"Keep a close eye on him for the next couple of days, he might be tired a lot. And give him plenty of blood, you might want to get him the blood sashes because he refused to drink it for us." James nodded at the doctor before shaking his hand and thanking him for taking care of his son.

Tristan hugged the nurse who was looking after Mikey as well, telling her thanks before he hugged Mikey again. This time Mikey hugged back because Gerard explained that he was their mother and he had been beaten when he was taken.

He understood a lot more now.

Christa was hugged over and over by both James and Tristan because she was the reason they had their son back. Tristan even started crying again because he was just so overwhelmed about the fact that his baby was back.

This had Gerard rolling his eyes jokingly at Frank who just giggled which had Mikey have a small smile on his face. He was getting used to the fact that Gerard was his brother, Christa and Frank were his friends now and that he had a family.

But even so, now that he had all these, he still wouldn't forget Ryan. He would be his family as well because he was all Mikey had in that place and Mikey was all he had in that place.

Now that Mikey had a family, all he wanted was Ryan.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's not even 1000 words.