Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Seis.

At first it was rather awkward for Mikey when they got home. Well, to his new home. Tristan wouldn't stop fussing over him, which not only made Mikey a little uncomfortable but also more reclusive. But it was a natural response for a mother to make when they get a child that had been missing for sixteen years back.

Mikey's room was too big for him to stand but he didn't tell anyone that. His mum left him in the room, thinking he'd want to rest and everything but instead Mikey was slightly panicky over the size of the room.

He wasn't used to big spaces like this, not even the hospital room was this big and that had been, mostly, filled with people so it was okay. However this room wasn't. It was empty from people except for himself.

Mikey was used to being in a relatively small room with many others around him. He was used to huddling with Ryan and just staying together, to stay warm and probably to stay sane in that place.

Sitting on the bed was just another reminder that he was here but Ryan wasn't. He was almost tempted to go and ask someone whether they could look for Ryan but he didn't.

Really, Mikey didn't know what he would even ask if he wanted to talk to someone about that. Hell, his words wouldn't even come out well enough for them to understand what he was saying because his lack of ability to know all these words that he should know considering he's not a kid.

But he was going to get that fixed with that tutor, so it was all okay.

Christa went home with Ray after the hospital and Frank went with Gerard back to his mum's house just because Mikey was home as well. Frank didn't mind though, they would go to their house afterwards, he knew. Plus, he liked Tristan's food.

Mikey ran his hand over the covers on his bed, feeling the softness of them and shuddering. He crawled beneath the quilt, making sure he pulled it up and around his face before he just laid there, still and quiet.

As he just laid there thinking of Ryan, who seemed to occupy most of his thoughts because he was his best friend and was almost his only family for these past years he's been separate from his actual family, Mikey could feel tears pricking at his eyes.

He didn't cry though, they only pricked at his eyes. Mikey had a small hope in him that the same thing had happened to Ryan like it did to him and he was dumped somewhere and a vampire had found him and like Christa and Ray did, took him to the hospital.

But then, even if that did happen to Ryan, how would Mikey know? He wouldn't because it's not like the doctor would think to tell Mikey or his parents about it because he's not Mikey's actual family and it wasn't like he would be connected to the clan in anyway, at least Mikey thinks.

He doesn't know what clan Ryan does come from.

A knock at the door brings him from his thoughts but he's unsure as to whether or not he should say something or not. A few seconds later the door opens slightly and he can see Frank standing in the doorway. He noticed that Mikey was under the quilt and slipped into the room fully, shutting the door behind him.

"Hey Mikey, your mom's made dinner. Are you coming down to eat?" Frank asked him, moving closer to the bed.

Mikey's unsure whether he wants to move and go downstairs to eat or not. He doesn't want to move, but he feels that he should eat something, like the doctor did say. But his want to stay under the quilt and by himself outweighs what the doctor said.

He shakes his head and tells Frank, "No."

Frank hesitates for a minute; he thought that Mikey would come down and have dinner with his family and everything, so now that Mikey was saying no he was sort of shocked. But he just nodded at the fertile before turning back around and making his way out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Mikey let out a sigh before wrapping his arms around himself to give himself comfort. Just because he was all used to the idea now of having a clan who loved him dearly and a mother who now seemed to be a bit clingy to him, he wasn't really that used to being around them.

No matter how close he could feel himself to them, he was still used to the years he spent being alone, mostly, and not having people love him, other than Ryan, that is. But it was the same way Mikey loved Ryan, as a family and friend way.

Just laying in the bed, in the warmth and the comfort he was giving himself, Mikey could slowly feel himself drift off to sleep. He did try to fight it at first, not wanting to sleep just yet but eventually he gave up and let his eyes fall shut, his breathing become softer and his mind just go blank.

Mikey was asleep before Frank had even got downstairs and told Mikey's parents that he wasn't coming down to eat which then made his mother worry and send Gerard up to check on his brother who came down a minute later saying he was only tired because he was asleep in bed.

That calmed Tristan down on the sleeping bit, when Mikey wakes he'll probably be all fussed about his eating habits and the blood sashes Mikey was going to be taking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another that's not even 1000 words.