Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Siete.

The nurse that had looked after Mikey whilst he was in the hospital made her way down the street that the Ways lived on. She was going out of her way to go and see Mikey and how far he had progressed and gotten better since being in the hospital.

Every fertile that she looked after in the hospital she always found the need to visit and check up on them, which they all enjoyed and found was really sweet of her.

When she reached the house, she knocked on the door and waited for a minute or two before the door was opened and Tristan, the fertile's mother, opened the door. He recognised the nurse straight away.

"Hey Tristan, I hope it's not a problem but I came to see Mikey. Just to see how well he's gotten on since being home," the nurse told the fertile who smiled at her before letting her in the house.

The nurse looked around the hallway she was in, in an almost awe. It was a beautiful house. "Mikey's still with his tutor but he'll be done in a minute or two. It's really nice of you to be doing this," Tristan told her, which made her smile.

"I feel like I need to know whether they've healed or not. I care really much for each patient that I get." When the nurse said that, Tristan smiled at her even more.

"What's your name sweetie?" When Tristan asked that the nurse realised that she never even told Mikey her name when he was in the hospital.

"It's Cassadee," she told the fertile.

Tristan ushered Cassadee further into the house so that they weren't just standing in the doorway of the house. He led her into the sitting room where they sat on the sofa. "I can't thank you enough for making my baby all better Cassadee."

When Tristan said that Cassadee blushed slightly. "It's my job to make him better, along with the doctor."

Tristan let out a little sigh which made Cassadee look at him, slightly curious. "I can't imagine what he went through for these last sixteen years. Even now, when he can talk almost as good as us, he doesn't talk about it."

Cassadee smiled at the fertile sympathetically. "He might not now but he might do some day. It must be horrible for him to talk about and it's a memory that maybe he doesn't want to share with you. After all, you were attacked when he was taken."

Tristan grimaced at that memory. Yes, he was beaten viciously before his baby was taken from him as he laid on the ground.

"It'll be okay, it's only been three weeks since you got him back," Cassadee reminded the fertile who sighed and nodded.

It had only been three weeks since Mikey had been home and he didn't spend much time out from his room. Tristan didn't know what he done in the room really but occasionally he could hear the word "Ryan" slip from Mikey's mouth in a mumble which made him wonder who this Ryan was.

Was he someone that was with him for all these years?

Tristan didn't let Mikey stay in his room all the time; he didn't want his son to lock himself away. But he also didn't want to let him out of his sight for a while because he was paranoid.

It was a complete natural thing for him to feel seeing as the last time Mikey did go out he got taken by humans. So no one could really blame Tristan for not wanting to let him out the house.

The only time that he did let Mikey out the house was with Gerard and Frank and that had only been once or twice seeing as they did have their own lives to do and Mikey wasn't too keen on venturing out either.

So, really, Tristan's paranoia didn't really bother Mikey all to much because he didn't want to go out anyway.

Talking brought both fertiles out of their thoughts and they both looked over the back of the sofa to see Mikey slowly coming from the study with his tutor. His tutor was a fertile, of course. They were hard to come by, fertile tutors. Normally if a vampire needed a tutor they'd have a human do it and the human would not fuck up the job because they were too scared of what the vampire would do to them.

But considering what Mikey had gone through with humans for the period of time he spent away from his home, they didn't get a human tutor because of that.

"Ah Tristan, Mikey's improved so much since last session. He still talks a bit slow but that's to be expected. I don't think I'll have to come back after the next session," the tutor told the fertile who then smiled widely at his son. Mikey just stood there awkwardly, a light blush on his face over the fact that he was almost being complimented and he wasn't used to that.

Tristan nodded before going with the fertile and seeing him out of the house. Cassadee then stood up and walked round the sofa before smiling at Mikey. "Hey, remember me?"

Mikey did, of course, she was the nurse who he had when in the hospital having the blood drained from his system before having medicated blood replaced. He liked her because she was nice and was the first person he saw when he woke up in the hospital.

"Yeah, you were my nurse....," Mikey trailed off, realising that she was his nurse so he didn't know why she was here, at the house.

Cassadee twigged on. "I'm just here to check up on you, Mikey. I do this with every fertile I look after in the hospital. It feels nice being able to see them looking healthy and not being in the hospital."

Mikey smiled at her; he was right, she was nice. "Thanks for being there, you know, when I didn't get everything and was confused." His words were noticeably spaced out but she didn't take much notice of it.

"No problem, Mikey. You went through so much, someone had to be there for you until you had your family," she told him. Mikey was about to say something but Tristan came back in the room.

"You should get out the house for a while, Mikey, go have a nice time with friends or something. You deserve a break since you don't need a tutor any more," Tristan told the fertile, indicating with his words that he should go out with Cassadee seeing as he assumed that they were friends.

And maybe they were, neither was really clear whether they were or not. But they weren't going to question it either.

Mikey nodded at what his mum was saying, even though he didn't want to, he agreed to do it. Tristan was still a bit wary of letting him go out with just a fertile but he trusted Cassadee because she had looked after his baby in the hospital. And she was a nurse so that comforted the fertile's thoughts.

Cassadee didn't mind going out with Mikey, she thought it was a nice thing to do. Mikey was someone she thought would be interesting and someone nice. So she didn't mind being friends with him. Then again, most fertiles didn't mind being friends with other fertiles.

It was just their nature really, to be happy being friends with each other and everything.

After Tristan had given Mikey a big hug, warned him that he has to be careful and told Cassadee to make sure that Mikey was careful, the two fertiles left the house, nowhere really in mind for them to go to so they could hang out together.

So Cassadee decided they could go to the park, which they did and they both occupied the swings. Mikey was just sitting on the swing, eyes on his lap and not really paying attention, so when Cassadee spoke to him he jumped, completely unaware of his surroundings.

This made the fertile laugh. "You were daydreaming, Mikey," she told the other fertile which made him blush a bit before mumbling something that she didn't quite hear. Not that she was going to ask him about it or anything.

"Your mom says you haven't really spoke to him about anything that went on whilst you were with the humans, Mikey," she told him, hoping to be able to start a conversation with him about it.

Mikey just shrugged, which told her that he heard what she had said, confirmed that's what has been happening, but not really wanting to talk about it. "He only wants to know what you had to go through, Mikey."

This made Mikey look back down at this lap, biting his lap. Maybe this was a time he could bring up Ryan. "No one knows what you went through, so no one can imagine how you were during all that time. And he's your mom, Mikey; he cares so much about you."

With what Cassadee was talking about, Mikey decided that this was maybe the most perfect time ever for him to bring up Ryan. "Ryan...," he interrupted her talking, trailing off at the end.

Cassadee shut up and looked at Mikey with a curious face. She didn't say anything; she was waiting to see what he was going to say. "Ryan.... he was there with me. Like... like my family. I only had him and I don't know what's happened to him," he told her, caution in his voice, and also hesitance.

She realised that he didn't want to tell her about Ryan, tell her anything that had happened there, but he also did want to tell her about Ryan which is why he did. But he wasn't going to tell her any more; it was clear on his face that he wasn't going to.

"Ryan another fertile, Mikey?" She received a nod from him, his eyes still trained on his lap. She reached over and touched the back of his hand, trying to get his attention. He looked up at her. "Thank you for telling me, Mikey. Now we know that there are other fertiles, we can look for it."

Mikey looked at Cassadee. She smiled at him. They were going to look for the place he was in? So they'd look for Ryan? Would that mean, seeing as Cassadee knows about Ryan and she's a nurse, that he'd find out if and when they found Ryan?

Almost as if it was on his face, Cassadee answered the questions he didn't even ask. "When we find Ryan, I could tell you Mikey. It's obvious that he means a lot to you and if he means a lot to you then you'd mean a lot to him so you'd both be grateful to still be friends with each other whilst with your clans."

Mikey smiled widely at her, nodding his head. "Thank you Cassadee."

They stayed in the park for a while longer, not too long but long enough for them to have a decent conversation about something other than what had happened to Mikey during his time with humans. And Ryan wasn't brought up again during any of the conversations although it was clear that he was on Mikey's mind.

Best friends in fertiles were much more extreme then it was in humans. In humans they could come and go as they pleased and they wouldn't really get hung up over them but with fertiles they do. Although, best friend fertiles didn't really ever break from being best friends, they may have been one or two times when it has happened but nothing recently or anything.

So Mikey would always be worried about Ryan because they're separated and he didn't know what was going on with Ryan. The same with Ryan as well. Although, if Ryan ever got out and was with his clan and Mikey knew that he was with his clan, Ryan wouldn't always be on his mind because it'd be at rest because he would know that his best friend is safe.

After a while they headed back to Mikey's house, Cassadee not wanting to keep Mikey out too long for Tristan's liking, even though the fertile didn't give a time limit or anything, she just knew he wouldn't want Mikey out too long.

She was right.

When they got back to the house Tristan fussed over Mikey, making sure he was alright and nothing had happened. Asked him about his time, smiled when Mikey told him they went to the park and talked. So when Mikey told his mum he was going upstairs to his room, he told him that was okay and let him. When he heard the door to Mikey's room close he looked at Cassadee.

"There were other fertiles there with him, he wasn't alone," she told the fertile. Even though Tristan felt his heart go out to all those fertiles, he couldn't help but have a small sense of relief wash through him about the fact that his baby wasn't all alone with humans and he had others like him there.

"Mikey had a best friend there, Tristan," Cassadee told the fertile, "His name was Ryan and he's worried about him. He told me that he was almost like his family because he was all he had."

In some way those words brought some comfort to the fertile, over the fact that Mikey had someone there with him, but also no comfort to the fact that there were more fertiles that went through what Mikey did. And even though they might not know the full extent as to what he went through, they know it was traumatic to him.

Because they knew he was fragile. It was as clear as day in the fertile that he was even more fragile than other fertiles. And where the other fertiles might be willing to make a lot of noise with other fertiles and have a laugh and everything, Mikey didn't really partake in with the loud noises. He'd just be there.

Tristan noticed that whenever he was around Frank and Gerard. Frank might have been squealing over something and been excited and Mikey might smile or give a small and quiet laugh but he wouldn't make all the noise that Frank would.

And Gerard being a Dom, well that explained everything. Doms weren't quiet creatures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Over 2000 words long, this one is.