Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Ocho.

It was clear to whoever was around Mikey enough to realise this, that he had these certain.... traits about him that wasn't really normal. But then, no one could blame him for not being like the average fertile was.

But as Tristan kept his eye on his son, he did notice somethings that were almost wrong about Mikey. And as the days went by he could have almost swore that it was like Mikey's nature wasn't that of a fertile but more human as well.

This, of course, did worry the fertile which made him book Mikey a doctor's appointment with William, the doctor who told him to do this if he noticed anything weird about Mikey.

William saw what Tristan did as well which made him feel more sympathetic for the fertile than he was before. So what he done, because he couldn't correct the human nature that the human blood had weaved into Mikey's mind, was he gave him these fertile pills that he had to take every day, five times a day.

Mikey thought it was over the top but he didn't argue what any of them said, he just sat there and accepted that he was going to be taking the pills.

When Gerard found out that the blood had affected Mikey more than they had first realised he was absolutely pissed. He wanted to find the fuckers who had even dared to do this to a fertile, let alone his own brother.

Of course, the day he found out that, Frank ended up not being able to walk properly the next day due to a limp. Also his neck was marred with teeth marks made by his mate.

Mikey hadn't heard anything off of Cassadee about them being anywhere close to finding Ryan or if someone had come into any hospital that was like he was when he came in. It made him anxious and worried.

He never really got why he was dumped anyway. He never disobeyed what the humans told him because that was all he knew; to listen to them. In fact, only the fertiles who were taken and injected on later in their lives were the ones who even tried to not listen to the humans. And that was because they knew that humans were vile creatures and they themselves were fertiles.

Of course, whenever they tried to convince the other vampires there that they were fertiles it was like they were speaking to brick walls. It was to be expected though. When they were there, in that place, you didn't listen resulted in being beaten and injected with a heavier dose than before.

That only happened mostly in the beginning because most of the fertiles there realised that they should just do as they are told to save themselves the pain the beating would bring to them.

Mikey had only ever twice had his ribs broken by a beaten he was given. But he wasn't going to tell his mum or anyone that he was beaten there, or that he had broken his ribs. It seems that fertiles weren't meant to be hurt like that so Mikey felt awkward.

Mikey didn't know whether it was normal or not, but he didn't really feel like he should be a fertile. After everything that he was brought up with, everything that he's thought, he would never have even dared to wish to be something such as a fertile. And the fact that he is, even if it's been two months since he first found out, still doesn't sit right with him.

It's like there's this feeling on his chest that he doesn't belong, no matter how much he thinks he loves his almost stranger-mum, his brother who he mostly only sees with his mate and his father who he doesn't really see much.

But that's on both the fertile's and Dom's part. James worked during the day and yet, Tristan managed to see him every day and not miss him far too much. And hell, even Gerard who didn't even live with them saw him more than Mikey did.

That was mostly because Mikey stayed in his room most of the time. He still didn't like venturing from his room. It was another thing that wasn't a very fertile thing to do, even the shyest fertile Tristan knew didn't hide away all the time.

But then most fertiles didn't have human blood injected into their veins on a daily basis like it was something natural.

Christa and Ray visited them on the twelfth week of Mikey being home. It was their first time visiting because Christa had been taking classes and Ray was at work and when he wasn't he would be with Gerard and then Christa would be with Frank.

Tristan opened the door with a wide grin at the two when they knocked. "Ray, Christa, you haven't been round in almost too long!" the fertile exclaimed, letting them both in the house.

They stepped in and went into the sitting room. Christa looked around and noticed that Mikey wasn't around. When Tristan came in from closing the door, she turned to him. "Where's Mikey?"

The fertile sighed. "He's upstairs, like usual." This made both Ray and Christa furrow their eyebrows a bit. "May I?" Christa questioned, motioning upstairs.

Tristan nodded before sitting down on the other sofa. Christa made her way from the room and up the stairs. She made sure to knock on the door before she went in Mikey's room.

She found the fertile just laying on his bed, his hand running over the material, almost like a trance or something. "Hey Mikey," she said quietly, careful not to startle him.

Mikey looked up from where he was laying and gave Christa a small smile. "Hey," he told her, equally as quiet as she was.

She came over to the bed and sat down near him, just watching him. She could tell something was bothering the fertile, but she wasn't too sure whether or not she should ask him. She didn't know him too well even if they were friends so she might not feel all too comfortable asking him.

But then, she knew something was bothering him and she really wanted to know to see whether she could help him or something. She cared about Mikey a lot, even if they didn't know each other too well. Maybe it was because she's the one who took him into the hospital, probably almost saving him because most vampires would not have been able to tell that something was up with him and then went and checked him like she did.

"Mikey," she said softly, gaining the fertile's attention. His eyes looked at her. "What's up? Something bothering you?"

It seemed like all that ever happened now was Mikey staying in his room and someone, mostly Tristan, asking whether something was bothering him or not. Mostly, it was a no, there wasn't something bothering him and all he wanted to do was be left alone. But today, now, something was bothering him.

"Christa...," he started, unsure about whether he should even tell her this. He didn't know whether she'd tell someone or not. And he really didn't want him mum knowing.

"Yeah, Mikey?" Christa pressed on, lightly.

He sighed. "I-I don't feel right," he told her, which made her frown. Was he sick or something?

"You ill, Mikey?"

Mikey shook his head at that, realising that she had mistook his words. "I don't feel right, Christa. Being here, being around everything. Are you sure I'm even a fertile?"

She looked at the fertile, her eyes wide in shook. Did he really just ask that? She had never heard someone ever ask something like that, not really. Or say that they didn't feel right being around their own family.

This kind of showed Mikey in a different light to her. Not a bad one, no, but more of a worried one. He really wasn't used to this all, no matter how much he might have acted like he was. Christa realised that with them words.

"Mikey, look at me," when she said that, Mikey's eyes dropped down to the bed, not wanting to look at her, almost afraid of what she was going to say to what he had just told her. "Please, Mikey."

Reluctantly, the fertile raised his eyes from the bed and looked at her. She could see, as clear as day, that he was scared. It wasn't that hard to see. "Mikey, you are a fertile. No matter what you think or feel, both of which are not your fault, you will always be a fertile."

He believed her, he did, but he also didn't. Because sometimes he still felt like he was back with Ryan, in that place, except Ryan wasn't with him and he was almost lost without him there.

"No one will ever judge you for having doubts, Mikey; you still have human blood, even if it's just a tiniest amount, in your system. That's going to make you doubt stuff that most fertiles, even without knowing their whole life, would believe once they're told by a Dom," she told him, smiling at him to show that there was nothing wrong with the words he had just said.

"But I don't feel like I belong here, Christa. It doesn't feel right for me to be here, not alone," Mikey told her, casting his eyes back down to the bed. He probably shouldn't have said that, come to think about it.

Christa looked at him, curiously. "Alone? Mikey, you're not alone. You'll never be alone here - your mom would never leave you alone if you didn't want him too. And hell Mikey, you have Frank and me who'd spend as much time with you as you wanted." Even before she had finished talking Mikey was shaking his head at what she was saying.

"I'm not alone that way, I know, but I'm alone. I.... do you know anyone else like me? Who feels like I do?" When he said that Christa tried to understand where he was coming from, honestly, but she couldn't quite grasp it.

He was... alone because he didn't have someone else with him from the place? Was that it? Why would something like that make him feel alone?

This was really making Christa more curious, but when she went to ask something else she saw Mikey had laid his head down and was just on his side and it almost looked like he was trying to sleep.

She sat there for a few more minutes before slowly standing up and leaving the room, closing the door softly behind her. Did Tristan know what Mikey was feeling? Did anyone else know other than her? She doubted that she was the only one he had told but she couldn't be too sure.

Going down the stairs, she went into the sitting room to see Ray and Tristan had been joined by Gerard and Frank. She hadn't heard the door open when she was up in Mikey's room.

They all looked up as she came in the room and it was obvious that there was a weird expression on her face because it seemed like Tristan lost his smile when he looked at her. "What's wrong Christa?"

Christa looked back towards the stairs before sighing and looking back at the group of fertiles. "Have... have you spoke to Mikey lately, Tristan?" she asked the fertile, who frown at what she asked but nodded his head; yes, he had spoke to his son this morning.

But Christa realised that yes, maybe he had spoke to Mikey lately, but not like she was asking. She was asking as speaking to him like she had just done, even though technically she hadn't really asked anything and he had just basically offered the information to her.

"He's so... confused," she told him, coming over and sitting next to her mate who proceeded to place an arm around her shoulder. "He just asked me whether he was a fertile - he doesn't feel right, at least, that's what he told me."

Tristan placed his head in his palms before letting out a broken sob. "My baby, my baby," were the words he was just muttering over and over again.

Even though she didn't say it, all the vampires realised that when she said that Mikey told her that he didn't feel right, that it was that he didn't feel right being here, in this house with his family. And that was breaking Tristan.

Gerard got up from beside his mate and made his way over to his mum, sitting beside him and hugging him. "It's okay mom, he's just got to get used to it," he told him. Tristan just shook his head, he didn't think that Mikey would get used to it, at least, it didn't seem that he ever would.

"Why would they do this to my baby?" Tristan sobbed, his feeling of brokenness that he had felt for the years that Mikey had been missing was coming back.

"Because they're human scum mom. I'm going to get them, I promise. I'm going to get them for both you and Mikey, mom," Gerard told him, kissing his mum on the forehead as he pulled away, rubbing his tears away.

Tristan smiled at his son fondly. "I'm proud of you Gerard."

Frank, who was just sitting there on the sofa, was thinking about Mikey who was upstairs. He couldn't help but feel bad for the fertile, if he was doubting being a fertile how would he be able to find a mate?

He knew that they'd be no way Mikey would even be thinking of getting a mate yet, but it was to come in the near future but he didn't think Mikey would be ready, not now or even in two years time if he was still doubting himself being a fertile. And not feeling right being there.

Frank had only ever had contact with humans three times and each time, because it had been a human getting too big for its boots, the human ended up dead. Because they had each tried bullying Frank when they were in high school and Gerard wasn't having that and literally killed them on the spot, not even letting them try to talk their way from their death.

No one blamed him though, he was his mate then and human scum were trying to bully him. Any Dom would have done that, some maybe would have dragged out the punishment if they wanted to, but most would just do it quick and painful.

Sometimes it was the quicker the death the more painful it was but although a death could be dragged out for ten years and it'd still be as painful as it was when it started.

"Has Mikey ever talked to you about what happened when he was with the humans, Tristan?" Christa broke the silence there was, looking at the fertile who was still wiping at the few stray tears.

Tristan shook his head. "No, but he's spoke to Cassadee about it, only briefly though." When he was faced with four confused faces he sighed. "His nurse."

That made more sense to the vampires.

"What did he say to her?" Gerard asked, moving back to sit with his mate who lent back into his chest for comfort.

Tristan smiled despite himself. "Mikey has a best friend. He was there in that place with him. His name's Ryan. And she told me that Mikey misses him and is really worried about him."

This was obviously news to the other vampires who didn't know that. But then again, only Cassadee and Tristan did know. Well, William would have been told by Cassadee and he would have told high up Dominators because then they would be out looking for places like where Mikey came from, like they did with fertile slave camps.

"A fertile not knowing about his best friend, whether they're safe or not makes them really depressed," Frank piped up, attracting everyone's attention. "And that normally leads to being excessively reclusive and unwilling to want to spend time with others."

All of which Mikey was showing. He didn't want to spend time with others, he was really reclusive so it seemed like he was depressed, or at least fertile depressed. A Dom depressed is not a pleasant sight.

Of course, not knowing about his best friend wasn't the only thing making Mikey depressed. They all knew that, it was clear. But none of them brought it up or anything; why would they?
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is nearly 3000 words long.