Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Nueve.

It was another camping day. Frank and Christa were excited about it, like they always were, but also because they realised that this would be Mikey's first one.

It was early afternoon when Christa and Frank came knocking on the Ways door. When Tristan opened the door, he smiled at the two fertiles. If he really wanted to, Tristan could go camping with them but he considered himself too old to go camping. Even though he didn't look a day over twenty five.

"Hey Tristan, Mikey allowed to come camping with us fertiles tonight?" Christa asked. It was only because he still lived in his parent's house that she had to ask. When fertiles moved out and in with their mates they didn't have to ask, they just went, nine times out of ten. The only times that they maybe wouldn't go would be if they're pregnant or have a newly born vampire.

The fertile nodded before opening the door wider and letting them in. They thanked him before putting their bags on the sofa in the sitting room and heading towards the stairs, climbing them. Frank was the one who knocked at Mikey's door and Christa was the one who opened it. Mikey was sitting on his bed like he was almost every time that people came into the room.

Although, he looked almost different today but neither fertile could put their finger on what made him look different.

"Hey Mikes," Frank said, bouncing over to the bed. "A bunch of us fertiles are going camping. Your mom's said yes already, so wanna come?"

He knew what camping was, of course, but he didn't get why fertiles would go camping. It didn't seem like a very vampire thing to do, to Mikey. But then, he didn't go to school where he would have had stuff like that explained to him.

Although, Tristan was thinking over whether or not he should send Mikey there. The only problem was he wasn't too sure whether it would be the best thing to do. He'd be all alone, not literally, but none of the fertiles he knows would be there.

"Sure," Mikey told them, quietly.

"Great!" Christa exclaimed excitedly. "All you need is a bag with night clothes and tomorrow's clothes in, Mikey. The rest we have; tents, blankets, everything like that."

The fertile nodded but just continued sitting on his bed, not looking like he was going to be moving anytime soon. This made the other fertiles look at each other with a weird face. "We'll wait downstairs for you, okay Mikes?" Frank said, earning a nod from him.

They slowly left the room and went downstairs, smiles instantly adorning their faces so that Tristan saw how happy they were about the camping, which they were, and how they weren't going to be getting all confused about how Mikey was.

Said fertile was still sitting on his bed, just thinking. He was going to start moving to make the bag up that he was told to do in a minute, but first he actually had to try and make himself looking forward to this.

Mikey knew that they were only trying to do something nice by inviting him along, but he didn't really want to go but he was going to humour them by going. And he never knew, he might also like it or something.

Or maybe it would just be a nice break from Tristan and all his worrying. Not that it's all a bad thing but sometimes, yes it is.

Mikey slowly got off the bed and went over to his drawer, took a bag out before getting his night clothes and clothes for tomorrow. He then went over to his bed and picked up the teddy that was resting on it.

When he first came home, Tristan gave him a teddy that was his when he was younger. Apparently it was something that he adored when he was younger and the reason why it'd only ever belong to him was because it was blood stamped, which meant that when they got it, Mikey's blood was stamped onto this special piece of paper which was then inserted into the teddy.

It sort of bonded the teddy to the fertile. No Doms ever got a teddy like that, oh no.

Sighing, Mikey placed the teddy in the bag before closing it up. He decided it was better to take it then not to take it and maybe wake up with a nightmare.

For some reason, since he started sleeping with it, he seemed to need it otherwise he would wake up with terrifying nightmares.

And Mikey didn't like the nightmares because most of the time it involved him watching Ryan be killed. But Mikey was almost certain that it was either really hard to kill a vampire or it was impossible.

Although he didn't see how it could be impossible so he was more leaning to it being almost impossible. But then, he didn't go to school where he would have been taught all this so he would have been sure. But then, that wasn't his fault.

Making sure he had the stuff that Christa told him he needed, Mikey made his way out from his room and down the stairs. When he got downstairs he found the two fertiles in the sitting room with his mum. Tristan smiled widely at his fertile before hugging him tightly, kissing his forehead and telling him to be safe.

Mikey just nodded awkwardly before leaving with Frank and Christa. They were talking enthusiastically and excitedly which was almost getting to Mikey, and he was partaking with the conversation, so that was a plus.

And it didn't feel like a chore for him to do. So it was almost like just going with them, to camp, was making Mikey, maybe, happier than he was before.

Although without being mean on the fertile, he wasn't really happy in the first place. Sure, he might have been happy that he was no longer being injected daily (though, not that he would admit to anyone, but because he was that used to it he almost missed the feel) and that he was with his family, but he wasn't actually happy.

Probably all the vampires that saw him could see that, but they wouldn't say anything about it. Depressed vampires are extremely rare but because they're rare they're also very, very fragile.

Vampires didn't have mental health institutions like the humans did (which meant to the vampires that they were 'expired' which had them killed just by the break of their neck), it wasn't like they needed it or anything. Because whenever there was a worry about a vampire and their health, in any way, they're sent to the hospital and they can make them better.

Either by having fertile pills or, and a Dom with bad health is practically never seen, Dom pills. And that always cured them because the pills were designed to work in with the vampire's brain and body, fixing whatever might be wrong and making them as good as new.

When the three fertiles got to Frank's house, he let them in before explaining to a confused Mikey that they were there because it wasn't time for them to go camping yet and they needed the seven other fertiles to come to Frank's house first before they could go to the actual camping site.

Of course, it wasn't secluded because no Dom would let their fertile sleep outside, alone, where humans lurk around. And because humans are stupid creatures, they might even try something in the dark. So the camping area they would be going to is one that's in a big field area which has several houses looking over it. And a house that's on the edge of the field where a Dom and fertile live so that the Dom can look over the other fertiles every time they go camping.

It was his job, like there were some vampires who were nurses, some who were doctors, teachers and all that.

Neither of the fertiles knew what they should do for the few hours they had spare. Frank wanted to watch something on the TV but Christa reminded him that the whole point of camping, asides it being a place they could have a break, was that they didn't use anything electrical and tried doing everything by themselves.

Every other time they went camping the fertiles nearly almost always burnt their food or undercooked it because they had to make a fire with sticks which turned out badly for them.

No matter how 'perfect' the vampires are seemed by humans to be, there were things they couldn't do. And maybe it was just because the fertiles didn't want to cook their food and instead just wanted to eat their junk food (blood ice cream was loved by almost every fertile) for their dinner that they couldn't make a fire and not let their food get burnt.

So they couldn't pass the time watching the TV which left them with hardly anything that they could do in order to pass the time other than to sit there and just talk. Although it didn't seem like one fertile would like that so they decided not to and instead went into the kitchen to see what they could make that didn't need them using anything electrical.

In the end, because Mikey couldn't really.... work with food, not like the other two could, they didn't make anything. But that was because they went to school, had the fertile classes which taught them how to work with food really well, considering most fertiles made dinner every night for them and their mate.

They enjoyed doing it most of the time so the classes were something that was useful to the fertiles.

And the reason why they didn't make anything was because they did try, and Mikey tried to help, but it went wrong. Okay, maybe seriously wrong because they had got flour on top of the cupboards which neither fertile could reach which would mean that Gerard would see when they were out.

Most humans didn't get the fact that vampires could eat near enough anything that they did, just, they needed blood so it was more nice for them to substitute almost all the ingredients that the humans used and replace it with blood.

Once a human had wanted to know what it was like to eat something that a vampire did, and somehow, when the others were in high school, he managed to get hold of a piece of their food to try.

He was in the toilets puking for almost three hours before he could barely limp home before dropping down dead. Not because the food didn't sit well with him, but because Gerard found out what he was planning to do so he put acid laced poison in the food and left it out for him.

From then on the humans weren't curious about what they ate any more; they feared that it was really horrific because of what happened to the one who tried it before.

Frank recalled that to the two fertiles, because Christa had been sent to a private fertile school rather than the mixed school Frank was sent to and Mikey weren't there. It made Christa laugh whilst it made a shiver go down Mikey's spine.

Not because he was disgusted over the fact that his brother killed the human, but because he felt that he should be disgusted, it was in his mind that he should be, but there was also a vast amount of him that said that it was natural, therefore no reason for him to get disgusted about.

They had just finished cleaning everything they could reach when the door went which meant the other fertiles were there so they could now leave to head to the camping grounds.

Christa and Frank were beyond excited and Mikey was almost bracing himself for what was going to happen there because it was his first time going and he wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was barely 2000 words.