Status: completed on paper, just not online-will try to update whenever I can find time

The Sister of Who?

Chapter 6

"Hey Segs, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked Tyler as I pulled him aside.

"Yeah sure man, what's up?" he asks.

"Call me paranoid, but what went down between you and Ellie last night?" I asked him. Tyler looked at me for a moment before saying,

"Nothing worth you freaking out about. We just talked, watched some TV, and then eventually fell asleep without really knowing it."

"What was she crying about?" I asked.

"Oh, well, she was just telling me about how your dad die and that your mom was, I mean is, a royal bitch in the ass." Tyler told me. She told HIM about our life? Fear washed over me as I started to silently pray that she didn't tell him about the night that our dad died- that it was my fault he was killed.

"Alright. And don't hate me for asking, but I am her older brother so I gotta worry about her, alright? Now, lets go eat before I die of starvation." I said patting the 'Kid' on the back, half leading, half pushing him out of the door.

At the restaraunt....

"So Ellie, what college are ya going to? Or are you still too young?" Tim asked my sister after we were all seated and our orders were taken- we had decided on Pizzeria Regina's.

"Well, I decided that I'd take a year off figure out what I want to do and stuff, and then take up college next year. And as of now, I think that I want to go to Boston University to become a teacher." Ellie answered. I smiled at that comment as I remembered that ever since she was little, Ellie had always wanted to become a teacher.

"Cool. Hey Timmy, didn't your cousin go to BU?" David asked.

"Nah, he went to BC to play basketball... God, I hated him." Tim said. Everyone at the table laughed.

"So Ellie, got any boyfriends?" Horton asked. I glared at him and kicked him from under that table.

"OUCH!!! Looch, what the fuck was that?!?" I just smiled at him.

"Anyway," Ellie said, shaking her head at us. "No, I don't have a boyfriend. And, in my whole life I have had three boyfriends, all of whom were jerks and only wanted me to get in bed with them. Oh, and one of them ended up being an abusive bastard and gave me this." And at that moment, she pulled down the left side of her t-shirt, revealing a long jagged scar. The guys and I just gaped at it. Yes, including myself cuz I had no idea about this until now.

"Damn, what the hell did he do to you?" Big 'Z' asked. Ellie just shrugged and said,

"Can't really remember much excpet that he pulled a steak knife on me. But hey, can someone please change the subject cuz I don't really feel comfortable talking about this. I mean, Milan here didn't even know about the scar until today." The subject was instantly changed bu Patrice Bergeron.

"Hey, when's our first game?" he asked.

"Dunno, sometime in November I think." Tuuka said.

"Any idea on who we're playing?" I asked.

"Nope." was what all the boys chorused. The whole table fell into an awkward silence.

"Sooo... um, Ty, how's your family? Have you talked to them any time soon." Patrice asked Tyler.

"Um, yeah. I skyped with my sister Monica yesterday. She says everything's going well. Carrie's got a new boyfriend, but that's really old news and Monica got into all honors classes this year and that's pretty much it." Tyler answered.

"Why is the fact that Tyler's sister Carrie has a boyfriend considered old news?" Ellie asked, completely confused.

When Tyler was struggling for the right words to describe the situation to Ellie, Horts came to the rescue by saying,

"You see Ellie darlin', Ty's older sister Carrie, well the nicest way I can put this is that she is a hooker or a slut or a whore, whichever one you want. But, his younger sister, Monica, from what I hear is a little sweetheart. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Ain't that right Tyler?"

"Yes, you got both descriptions pretty accurate, which is kinda scary considering you haven't even met them yet." Tyler said with a laugh.

"They coming to our first game?" I asked.

"I believe so. We didn't really talk about it. But, I think they are." Tyler said with a shrug. I felt a twang of jealously rage through me as the kid went on and talked about his family and how they'll be there for him, where mine and Ellie's, well, they haven't been there for us in like the past five years. They missed my eighteenth birthday, Ellie's sixteenth and eighteenth birthday, Ellie's graduation, me being drafted into the NHL, my first NHL game, my number being retired up in our hometown, Vancover, and it's all my fault. If I hadn't gotten drunk, my family would still be here, my mom wouldn't be in jail, and my dad-my hero- wouldn't be dead. Everyting, this whole entire mess, is comepletely my fault and I don't think that I'll ever be able to forgive myself for it...
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs for this Chapter:

"Born To Fly" by Lauren Alaina
"Better Than Revenge" by Taylor Swift
"Hello World" by Lady Antebellum
"Haunted" by Taylor Swift
"Last Kiss" byTaylor Swift
"Wanted" by Jessie James (the girl... not the boxer)
"No Love" by Eminem ft. Lil Wayne
"Glory Days" by BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN <33333

REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!