Suffocating

one/one

I revved the engine of my 1970 Dodge Challenger before pulling out of the parking lot at my apartment building.

I hadn't left my place in about a week since I had gotten fired from my job. It was time for a night on the town. My flask was lying in the passenger's seat half empty. I had been drinking before I even thought to go out, but I was nearly out of liquor. Hence, a night out. I decided that I would grab some for my personal stash on my way back home.

Pulling onto the street about a block away from my bar of choice, I noticed a woman making her way to the same one. I parked with a smirk, tossing the option of stopping to pick up a six pack out the window. No. I would bring her home instead.

I licked my lips as I watched her hips swing with every step that she took. A groan emitted from behind my lips when I noticed the way her shorts hugged her ass. Yes. She would be mine. At least for one night.

I felt my pants tighten at the thought of her writhing under me. Knowing that I would have to go inside to get a chance with her, I pushed the dirty thoughts from my mind. I yanked the keys out of the ignition and climbed out of the old muscle car.

Some of the guys in line looked at me enviously, probably wishing that they had my car for themselves.

Luckily, the bouncer for the night was my best friend so I got to skip the line. If I had been forced to wait then the gorgeous blonde mystery woman would have been gone by the time I got in. It was Friday night and everyone was out so the line wrapped around the building and people weren't even single file.

I noticed her at the bar when I stepped inside so I made my way to the end opposite her. The bartender wasn't paying much attention to her side causing me to smirk. That meant that I would be able to get her something before she could order for herself.

"What will you have?" he asked in a rush.

I could understand. He was running all over the place giving drinks and making others.

"A Bud Light with a shot of vodka and a dirty martini for the lady over there."

He nodded and fulfilled the order without question once I paid him.

I watched as she tried to protest, smirking when her eyes widened. The bartender must have told her that it was from me. I smiled and waved at her when she glanced at me.

My brow furrowed when she just looked away awkwardly. Sure, I hadn't expected her to jump into my arms at the sight of the drink, but I thought that she would at least be grateful. The drink was fucking expensive. She could have at least smiled back or said 'thank you.'

I allowed a growl to pass through my throat when a guy came up to her and she touched his arm. Was he her boyfriend? Was that why she didn't want me?

I made my way from the bar to a quiet corner to watch her. At that point a large number of guys had congregated around her and she didn't seem to mind one bit.

I glared at the laughing bitch. What a fucking slut. I tried to forget about her by drowning myself with alcohol, but I just got more and more pissed off. Who was she to reject me and then turn around and act like a total sleaze with those other guys?

Two hours later and I was successfully hammered. I didn't remember following her and some guy back to her apartment. Honestly. One minute I was sitting alone in the bar and the next I was sitting in my car watching her pull a guy up to her place.

Somehow I had managed to black out and drive drunk. I was lucky I didn't get a DWI with how much I had drunk.

I couldn't figure out where I was. I didn't recognize that part of town. It didn't help that my blood alcohol content level was higher than it had ever been in my life.

Her windows were frosted so the two of them were a blur to me. Despite that, I knew exactly what they were doing. It made my blood boil and I don’t mean in my dick.

I was fucking livid.

As she ran her fingers through his hair, I imagined that it was me. I could imagine being the one to slip off her clothes all the way down to her underwear. A tiny, sexy piece of fabric, I would assume.

I bit my lip roughly to prevent myself from getting too excited. That would ruin everything that I had planned.

I didn’t understand why she didn’t notice that I wanted her so badly. Not just sexually either. Believe me that part was strong, but there was more to it than that.

I wanted to keep her for myself. Maybe it was a little sadistic, but I didn’t care. I wanted to bring her out to the middle of nowhere so that nobody could take her from me. I wanted her where no one would even look at her without my permission. Perhaps it was slightly more than a little sadistic.

I groaned in frustration. It felt as if my own thoughts were suffocating me. I was getting more depressed by the second and it was all because of her, the mystery woman who had rejected me. I slammed my hands against the steering wheel, narrowly missing the horn.

I glanced up through her window. Neither of the two was visible anymore. They must have started fucking while I was being tortured by my own sadistic, shitty brain.

In my rage I began pounding on the steering wheel again. My jealously got the best of me and I climbed out of the car. It had been a while since my last strong urge had happened. I wasn’t expecting it at all so I wasn’t able to control my anger.

After climbing two flights of stairs, I made it to her place.

Apartment 26B, the door read.

I pounded on the door wordlessly as I fingered the cool metal that was always attached to my hip. The sound of scrambling could be heard through the door as the two tried to cover up. I just chuckled darkly.

She was the one to open the door. She was rushing to make sure that her robe was closed and didn’t recognize me at first.

I leaned against the doorframe and she looked up as if to scold me. Her eyes widened as recognition flashed across her face.

“What are you doing here?” she demanded. “How did you find this place?”

“What? No ‘thanks for the drink?’ That’s not very polite.”

I laughed humorlessly when I heard her toy call out from the bedroom.

“Where are you, Babe? I’m about to start without you.”

“Who are you?” she questioned, her voice strained.

“A guy that you shouldn’t have rejected. I have to say, that wasn’t a very smart move that you pulled back at the bar.”

I decided to pull out my knife at the moment. Her eyes got significantly wider at the sight of the jagged weapon.

She whimpered and took a step back only to trip over her own feet.

“What are you going to do with that?”

She was clearly terrified, but I couldn’t blame her for it. She would have to be a complete imbecile to feel no fright around the weapon in my hands.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?”

“God damn it. What the fuck is taking so long?”

“Oh. It looks as if Lover Boy has decided to join us. Now the fun can begin.”

“Fun?” she questioned, pitifully.

I just laughed in her face. “Not fun for you, fun for me. Try not to scream too loud.”

I must have blacked out because I couldn’t remember anything after I forced the two into her bedroom. It was all a blur. All I know is that when I came to, there were two very dead bodies in the middle of her apartment and the police were on their way.

Someone must have heard their screams and called the cops. The sirens were going off and they were extremely loud. I didn’t have a chance. I didn’t even attempt to run away. I knew that I would be caught no matter what and that would only make it worse.

Instead, I stayed in her room looking at what I had done. I had sworn to myself that I would never kill again, but I had failed myself.

I could hear a loud banging noise coming from the front door. At that point I knew that my life was over. My belongings would be thrown out, possibly given to the DAV. My car would be auctioned off. My apartment would be rented out to someone else. Me, I would be rotting in a jail cell for the rest of my life.

I closed my eyes as I drifted off, forgetting all of the chaos going on around me. I imagined her again. She was running her fingers through my hair as I undressed her.

An officer shoved me to the ground and handcuffed me, pulling me from my thoughts.

I chuckled humorlessly. I had never even gotten the girl’s name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Car