Status: Active.

Contradictions

ONE

The nurse's office was dingy, the once white walls now gray. I walked in, my eyes still shaded from the fluorescent lights. The nurse was on the phone so I mimed 'headache' the best I could. She obviously got it because she waved me into the back room. To say I went quickly would be an understatement. I ran into the other room where, the fluorescent lights had already been turned off.

With a sigh of relief I dropped my backpack onto the ground and threw my self onto one of the cots, facing away from the light filtering in from the other room. Suddenly I heard a harsh whisper.

"Hello." I nearly jumped out of my skin. The boy's voice sounded extremely pained. The faux-leather cot creaked as he turned to face me. From what I could see in the dim lighting he was cute. His jaw was lightly stubbled, his nose slightly off center, as if it had been broken before and not set completely straight. He had an arrogant jaw and ordinary blue eyes. His hair was different, bright as flame, almost so much so that it looked unnatural. The flaming hair more than made up for the boring eyes. Then I realized that it was him again.

"Hi," I whispered very quietly. His pain peaked and I gasped just as he did. I couldn't help with his pain but I could push a sense of peace into him. I felt it hit him, I felt his new peace and it brought me some peace too. His breathing returned to normal and he quietly spoke again.

"Why are you here?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the shortness and the long amount of time it took to post this.