You've Played Your Way Into My Heart

Three

I followed Paul into the house to find him watching TV with Matt and Gabriel. Kyle and Nikolai were still in the garage. They’d started a heated conversation about which band was better: Good Charlotte or Three Days Grace.

Gabriel had the arm chair and Matt and Paul were sharing the couch, except each had their own side. The middle was left untouched, as if it were plagued. I eyed it nervously, wondering to myself if I should take it.

My thoughts were answered when Paul’s head whipped to the door, where I was standing, and patted the spot between him and Matt. I scurried over to it, trying not to block his view of the TV screen for long, knowing how guys are about their precious TV time.

“So, we finally figured out a name for the band.” Matt said, turning to me.

“What is the name finally going to be?” I gasped, faking excitement. They’d been trying to figure out a name for the band since they started it, a couple years ago. And now I was almost getting tired of one band member telling me that they’d thought of a name and then another cutting them off and telling me they were still deciding. I waited a few moments and when this didn’t happen, I was actually kind of excited.

“We’re naming it Into The Fog.” Gabriel answered from his spot on the armchair that was angled away from us.

“You stole my thunder!” Matt complained. “I was going to tell her.”

“You were taking too long.” Gabriel shrugged.

“I was pausing for dramatic effect.” Matt corrected, sighing.

I could tell they were going to have a fight too.

“Want to help me make some snacks in the kitchen?” Paul asked me. His hot breath on my ear sent shivers down my spine.

“Sure.” I replied, getting up and following him into the kitchen. Matt and Gabriel didn’t even notice.

“How about we make some simple cheese and crackers?” He suggested.

“Sure.” I agreed and went over to lean on the counter while he scoured the fridge for some cheese. I heard him moving things around before he let out an ‘aha!’ and emerged from the fridge.

“Now for the crackers…,” he trailed off before he spotted the cupboard above my head. His eyes widened and he set the package of cheese next to me before awkwardly pressing his body into mine so he could open the cupboard door. I felt a deep blush rising to my cheeks, but he didn’t seem to have a problem.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall and I froze, so did Paul. I imagined what we’d look like from a third person’s view and I shuttered. I sure hoped it wasn’t Kyle.

And when the devil peeked his head through the doorframe into the kitchen, my face went even redder, and so did his. But not in embarrassment, in anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Erm...I hope you liked this chapter. I'm sorry it's so short, but I wanted to leave you on the edge of your seat. But anyways...please comment. It'd mean so much to us.
~Kylie