You've Played Your Way Into My Heart

Six

"Kyle!" I screeched. "Move! Do something!"

"He's out cold." Nick said from behind me, resting a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "But he'll be okay."

"He'd better be." I said, pointedly glaring at Paul despite the feeling in my gut that told me I should be praising him for saving me and, well, being so fucking adorable.

"W-we should get him some help." Paul stuttered, a light blush rising on his freckled cheeks.

"You think?" I spat.

"I'll take him." Gabriel volunteered. "You should get home and get some more ice on that jaw before it gets too swollen." He said, turning to me and ruffling my hair.

"I'll drive you." Paul said, stepping forward. He held a hand out to me and I took it. Without a word, he pulled me up from the ground and lead me to my brother's car after fishing the keys rather awkwardly from his pocket.

I got into the car, slamming the door and buckling myself. A moment later, Paul came in and turned the car on after buckling himself.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, eyes never leaving the road.

"I'm sure." I replied sarcastically. "We all know you're not sorry for defending yourself, Paul." I crossed my arms, turning to him.

"I meant that I was out of line. I just can't help myself around you sometimes." He he muttered the last part under his breath.

"What?" I asked, although I'd heard what he said. It made my heart thud violently in my chest.

"Nothing." He replied, gripping the wheel harshly.

His words echoed softly in my mind. My heart went into overdrive and my head was reeling.

"We're here." He announced quietly after an awkward silence.

"I'll see you later."

"But Kyle said-,"

"Well maybe we should hang out just to spite him." I cut him off.

***

"What happened?" My dad's voice boomed from the living room, probably after seeing Kyle's bandaged head.

"I hit my head." I heard Kyle say. 'Yeah, on Paul's fist,' I thought to myself.

"On what?" My dad questioned furiously.

"Erm...," Kyle faltered, thinking. "The ground. I tripped." He explained.

"When you feel like telling the truth, I'll be in my office." My dad snapped and I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi (: Kylie here. Hope you liked this chapter. Please comment.