This Imperfect Cemetery Drive

Chapter Twelve

Gerard's POV

Once I got onto the tour bus I walked back into the bathroom, closing the door behind me and letting my back slide down the door until I was sitting on the cold tile floor. I placed my face in my hands, blushing, and hating myself for it at the same time. I had a girlfriend and I was flirting with a man of all people! A man that had a girlfriend as well. I had to pull myself together.

"You don't even have a chance, Gee." I told myself, pushing my body back up into the standing position and looking at my reflection in the mirror. My cheeks were still red from talking to Davey, causing me to groan. I shook my head and left the bathroom, flipping the light switch off before closing the door behind me.

Almost everyone was awake, well...at least they were up, most of them looked dead from lack of sleep. I smiled and walked by all the sleepy zombies on the bus and made my way into the kitchen area. There was a small table placed off to the side occupied by Taryn and Bob. I have to admit that I was surprised that she was up this early, and even more surprised that Bob was up at all. Her back was turned to me, giving me an idea. Bob's eyes met mine, causing my finger to fly up to my lips, giving him the motion to keep quiet.

I snuck up behind Taryn, licking her exposed neck. She gasped and turned around, almost falling out of the small chair she was placed in. She looked scared until she noticed that it was me. She smiled tiredly and stood up, stumbling to me and resting her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and sat back down in the chair with her on my lap.

"Where were you?" She asked before yawning tiredly.

"Oh, I think I already told you. But I had to go get coffee for everyone. I saw Davey there." I said smiling and wondering why I added the last part in, no one really had to know that Davey was there as well. Bob raised an eyebrow at me, sipping on a coffee cup that stood in front of him, steam rising from the heat vent.

We all paused when voiced where heard outside. My heart began to race once I heard Davey's voice, I really needed to snap myself out of this...

The bus door creaked open and several pairs off footsteps made their way onto the bus. Davey, Mikey, Ray and Frank walked into the kitchen area. Crowding the small room beyond is capacity. Davey's eyes remained on me until he finally realized that Taryn was there and averted his attention to something else. I tapped Taryn's shoulder, causing her to stand up, letting me escape from under her and walk over to Davey. Taryn sat back down, laying her head on the table.

"Hey, Davey..." I said, engulfing him in a friendly hug. The hug ended out being a little longer than I had expected causing Frank to chime in....

"Why aren't you two making out already?!" He teased, folding his arms over his chest.

"That'd be hot." I heard Taryn comment from the table, keeping her head placed on the table.

I backed away from the hug, trying to control my blushing cheeks as I looked down at my feet. Davey's attention changed from me to Lyannah, who was stumbling tiredly onto the bus.