Can't Dream Without You

Thing For You

There was a knock at the door. I didn’t bother to look through the peep hole since I had already expected it to be the girls. I opened it and just saw Val.
“Where’s the other girls?” I asked
“They wanted to stay and make sure the boys were ready for ‘Beach Day’” The smile she had I knew she was hiding something. I just shook it off.
“Ok ok you caught me.” She said out of the blue.
“What? Haha. What are you talking about I haven’t said anything.”
Her eyes grew wide. “Oh shit, I gave myself away then, I have a habit of doing that. Maybe that’s why Matt never tells me anything” She laughed.
“Well you have to spill it now! Whats up?” I poked her.
“Fine! One of the guys likes you, or better said, has a crush on you” She winked.
I felt excitement run through my whole body. Hoping that it would be Brian. But that would be too good to be true. So I tried to look at her with a confused look. She wasn’t buying it.
“Oh you aren’t fooling me sweetie. I can see the excitement in your eyes! You like on of them too don’t you? It better not be Matt because I will be forced to beat your ass!” She said laughing.
I laughed with her. “No I don’t like any of them. I mean don’t get me wrong they ARE good looking but how can I like someone I just met? They would think I like the money.”
“You have a point there. I’m glad you think that way. I knew you would be a great girl. Especially having grown up with Benji and he has said nothing but great things. Maybe that’s why Zacky immediately fell in….” She stopped putting her hand over her mouth.
“What? Zacky?” I questioned her.
She started waving her hands in front of her. “No no forget I said anything. Zacky nothing. I’m just babbling. Don’t pay any attention to me. We better get ready to head to the beach. We are already late” She smiled.
My mind wandered off. Zacky had fallen for me? Val must’ve been throwing random stuff out. He couldn’t possibly have feelings for me? Its too soon. At least I know now what not to do to not lead him on. All of a sudden Joel had crossed my mind. I had completely forgot. With Val bringing up Zacky’s crush on me reminded me of when I was 11. Joel and Benji were about 13. I thought Joel was soo cute and Benji teased me for that. Having the thought in my mind I pulled out my phone.
“Hold on a sec Val. I gotta call Benji real quick. I forgot to ask him something.”
“Ok I’ll wait in the car. Just hurry up!” She teased.
I had automatically got his voicemail. “Ugh!” I said shoving my phone back in my pocket. When it started ringing.
“Why don’t you ever answer when I call?” I yelled at him.
“Hey I was calling you, you’re the one that didn’t answer me!”
“Don’t get loud with me Benjamin!”
He laughed. “Ok ok sorry. Whats up?”
“I’ve been meaning to ask you…. How come I haven’t seen Joel? And you haven’t mentioned him?”
He stayed quiet.
“Benji! What happened? Is he ok?” I felt the water building up in my eyes.
He started laughing which pissed me off.
“Ugh you’re such an ASS!”
“Haha not my fault that you jump to conclusions! Anyway he’s perfectly fine don’t worry. He’s just on his honeymoon that’s why. He knows you’re here though and can’t wait to come back to introduce you to his girlfriend.”
“Wait…. How is he on a honeymoon with his girlfriend???” I was confused.
“You know how cheesy Joel is haha. Its their anniversary and he calls it ‘honeymoon’ but he said they were coming back in two weeks or so, don’t stress it he’s fine” By his tone I knew what he meant by ‘fine’
“Eww Benj! Really?!” I was grossed out. It was like picturing Benj doing that and it was not cool.
He laughed so hard I could hear the whistling in it. “I’ll see you later. I just got to the beach so hurry your ass up!”
“Me and Val are on our way so hush!” I hung up and ran outside. I forgot I had left Val out there waiting.
We went on our way. Val put a cd in. “Hey I want you to listen to this.” I automatically knew what it was. The Art of Subconscious Illusion.
“I know this” I laughed.
“Yeah I figured that much, but listen right about….. Here.” she forward it. And pointed at the stereo.
“What about it?” I asked confused.
“That’s me!” She smiled.
“Shut up! You sound bad ass. But now that I know its you… kinda creepy” We both laughed.
We kept driving jamming out to the boys. When Val turned it down so I could hear what she was about to say. “We’re gonna head over from my house. Its only a short walk. I’m not gonna pay 5 dollars for the parking garage!’ she laughed.
We pulled up to her house, grabbed our bags and headed over to the pier. I felt knots in my stomach getting tighter and tighter as we got closer. I was nervous to see Zacky. How he would react around Benji. Poor guy. I knew that I couldn’t respond to him in that way. Even if I tried. I didn’t know him well enough. All I knew was that I could never be more than a friend to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! i have a whole 2 subcribers! thats awesome being this story is just beginning :) comments are much welcomed and appreciated also :) thanks for reading!