Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

I gave in, to selfish ways

"So how was your week?" I turned to see Brian, leaning against the table. I was back at the laundry mat. I had been alone, but Zack and Brian walked in about a minute ago. I had done a good job of ignoring them by continuing what I was doing, I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just in a hurry to get home, I'm a little paranoid. Lenard was at my house alone for the first time ever. And thou I wanted to believe he was a good man, I still had a few doubts and I really didn't want to lose what things I had.

"Oh pretty boring, work and that's about it." I said continuing to fold the clothes in front of me.

"Did something happen at Matt's last Thursday that I should know about?" Brian asked, catching the change of my attitude. "If he hurt you all you got to do is say so and I take care of it." He whispered talking about Zack.

I laughed. "Nothing happened." I smiled looking at him. "I just have a friend staying over and I don't wanna leave 'em home alone." I said, going back to folding.

"Oh some one special?" He asked nudging me.

"Well I guess so, but all my friends are special." I smirked.

"Funny." He said sarcastically. "So you busy tonight?"

"Why?" I was taken back, I knew he was dating Tre' and I didn't want to do any thing to hurt her.

"Well Baker over there is having a barbecue and I was wondering if you'd like to come, he hasn't stop talking about how he wants to see you again." Brian said lowing his voice so Zack couldn't hear us.

"Well I don't want to apposes on any one, and I can't just leave my friend home alone." I threw my clothes in a basket.

"She can come too." Brian said.

"I don't know where he lives.' I stated.

"Yeah you do he live beside Matt, they share that duplex." He gave me a funny look.

"I can't."

"Why the hell not?" He asked

"It's Zack's place I can't just show up, I don't feel good about it."

"Zack." Brian yelled over at Zack, he just looked at him. "Kori is coming over to night, and she's bring a friend." He turned to me. "There now you're officially invited." He laughed at me.

"You should come." Zack said walking over to us, I wasn't sure if thing were okay between us. But I was really hoping things had smoothed over. "And bring your friend, do you need a ride?"

"No I can drive, I just got to remember where you live." I laughed, it wasn't that I didn't want to remember. I just figured there was nothing there so I forgot.

"It's Elk Boulevard." He said, "you can't forget what house though."

"I haven't, I just didn't realize you lived there till Brian said so."

"Yeah I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure how Nat would have taken it if you knew." He said knowing that Nat was a big issues because she hated any girl that walked around her boyfriend.

"It's cool, I figured you had your reason." I said pulling clothes out of the dryer, I could feel they're eyes on me. "I'm not holding it against you."

"Please do." Brian whispered, not interning for me to hear.

"My ass isn't your concern." I said standing back up with my basket, setting it on the table. "And yes I heard you."

"Well it's nice." Brian said, Zack nodded then shrugged, agreeing as well.

"Thank, I guess." I pulled a shirt out of the basket folding it.

"Well it is," He reached in my basket, and pulled out a black lace thong. "Wow." He held them up showing Zack.

"Brian." I said rolling my eye. "Stay away from my under wear." I snatched them out of his hand throwing them into a basket.

"I will but he might not." Brian said, before a cap hit him in the head. Zack glaring at him, I just couldn't help but laugh at there childish banter.

"Well I'd rather have him near them than you." I retorted joking with Brian. He froze the cap in his hand hit the table and rolled away.

"Ow," he placed his hand over his heart faking hurt, before getting serious. "Zack you might actually get lucky tonight." He let out a laugh.

"Like you even know what that means." Zack retorted.

"I think he does." I said, "Matt was bragging about how he tap that." I laughed, Zack high fived me. He practically crawled on the table to do so.

"Oh I'll kill him." Brian said his voice high pitched and girlish. "I am not some cheap floozy, he can not just act like I'm just another notch on his belt." He stomped his foot, and that extra dramatic effect.

"Know I see why Tre' likes you so much." I said laughing.

"Why cus I'm funny." Brian asked, smirking.

"No cus you take it like a bitch." I laughed at the glare he gave me, Zack was rolling with laughter. He had just opened the dryer, abandoning it because of his fits of laughter.

"Oh really." Brian yelled, he was lucky the owners were in the back or he would have gotten kicked out. "I'll show you taking it like a bitch." He grabbed me, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Brian put me down." I said laughing hard.

"No." He walked over to Zack who was on the ground laughing at the display in front of him. Brian kicked Zack in the leg, before trying to stuff me in the dryer. "You need to be blown out first I don't know where you've been." He looked at Zack.

"Ow Brian stop, you're hurting me." I said, he had succeeded to get me in the dryer. However my head, arms, and legs were still hanging out.

"Okay." Zack said getting up, he was still laughing but he jumped to my defense. "Let her out." He told Brian, Brian responded by slapping Zack. "Oh it's on." He slapped Brian back.

"Hey," I whined, it wasn't easy getting out of these things, considering Brian picked on that was high up. "Help me out, pleases." I pouted.

"Wow, did I come at a bad time." Tre' said entering the mat.

"Tre' save me." Brian yelled, he was trying to out maneuver Zack, they were running around the table.

"Kori." She said coming over to me. "What have they done to you." She joked. "Aw you poor thing."

"Get me out." I said grabbing her arm.

"Okay, here we go." She pulled on my hands pulling me out.

"Hey!" Brian pouted, glaring at Tre'.

"Hey!" She said back, Zack smiled at her before slapping Brian again then fleeing.

"He hit me." Brian pouted.

"Kids." Tre' said looking at me. "I'm surprised I don't have to feet him too."

"Hey I feed my self, for two years now." Brian defends forgetting about Zack slapping him.

"So what time are you coming over?" Zack asked me.

"I don't know what time is every one else gonna be there?" I asked.

"Whenever the want to show up." He said.

"Oh well what time should I be there?" I didn't know the first thing about this barbecue.

"Well you can head over once we're done here, if you want." He smiled.

"Aw, how cute." Tre' said, smiling at me.

"Uh Tre' Brian's not cute." I said.

"No I'm sexy." Brian boasted.

"What ever Brian." I laughed, the buzzer to the dryer went off. "Well I'm head out." I said throwing my clothes in a basket.

"Well give me like thirty minutes and I should be home." Zack said.

"Okay well I gotta get back." I smiled. "Later." I said exiting the mat, they all shouted there goodbyes. I loaded my car before getting in and heading home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well the last chapters have been kind of short, so here's a longer one..