Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

When all hope begins to fade...

"Are you sure they are okay with me going?' Lenard asked, again.

"Yes they invited you." I smiled, we were maybe five minutes away from Zack's house. I was kind of jittery, I liked hanging out with them but then again I wasn't looking forward to Nat.

"Okay I'll feel better once we get out of this stupid thing." Lenard said, he was being a huge ass lately. I know he hated cars, but his attitude was what got me. It's not my fault that he hasn't been in a car in almost two maybe even three years.

"We're almost there." I said, turning onto Zack's block. Lenard just stayed quite, I think he could sense that I was aggravated with him. "Please, be home." I said stopping my car at the curb.

"He's not home?" Lenard asked.

"He was doing laundry and told me he should be home by the time I got here." I said as we got out of the car. There was two cars in the drive way, I was guessing that one was Matt's and the other was Nat's, there also was a car parked on the curb in front of Matt's door. So that could be his or Nat's or Johnny's.

I knocked on the door, I felt bad for not bringing any thing, most gathering I always bring a pie or some side dish. But the last two times I've been surprised with it.

"Hey." Zack said answering the door. His smile faded when he seen Lenard. I knew he recognized him.

"Hey." I smiled back at him. "Zack this is Lenard, Lenard Zack." I made a quick introduction.

"Hey." Zack said unsure. He didn't realize my friend was a guy.

"Hello." Lenard said.

"Come in." Zack pushed the door open, letting us walk in, before closing it behind us.

"I told you." Lenard said, walking past me.

"Sorry." I smiled at Zack, Lenard's behavior was some what unexceptionable. "I should have told you."

"It's fine." Zack smiled at me. "Lenard the TV is in there and there is beer in the fridge." He motioned to the living room then the kitchen. His place was just like Matt's but the rooms were inverted.

"Oh he don't drink." I said for Lenard. He walk into the living room and plopped down on the couch, thou the house was rigid, his stuff was pretty nice.

"Oh well un. I guess I can have Brian pick up some pops or tea?" Zack asked unsure of what to get Lenard and to be truthful so was I.

"Pop would be great." I said. Zack just nodded and retreated into the kitchen.

I looked over at Lenard he was sitting on the couch, I found his attitude really annoying. I was pissed of for Zack. The fact that Lenard was here was my fault but still Zack was trying to be a good host.

"Hey." I said walking into the kitchen, Zack was leaning up against the counter his arm crossed against his chest. The phone had been abandoned beside him.

"Hey." He smiled at me. "So how do you know Lenard." He wasn't beating around the bush, I don't think he like Lenard and to be truthful I was getting tired of him myself.

"Oh his a friend, I'm just helping him get back on his feet." I smiled.

"So he's like a ward?" He asked.

"I was homeless to be truthful." Lenard snapped from the door way, neither Zack nor I had know he was there. "She"s a very sweet 'en." Lenard smiled and winked at me.

"Well that's very noble of you." Zack said, his demeanor changed.

"Yeah tell her what you really think." Lenard growled at Zack. "You think she's stupid, that I'm gonna rob her blind. That I'll rape her or some stupid shit. Yeah I've already heard it, just spit it out pretty boy."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Zack asked, he wasn't scared of this old man, he was starting to get pissed off.

"Lenard!" I gasped. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"What come on don't tell me that you actually like this dumb ass." Lenard scoffed. "He's the one that's gonna end up taking your money and breaking you heart." I hadn't seen Lenard like this. "Look at where he lives really it's a scream of a sugar mama."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Zack asked.

"The expense furniture, but the shitty ass house. Come on I know a low life asshole when I see one."

"For one, I make my own money, and two the reason the furniture is so nice is because I have being buying a little bit here and there. I buy it when I have the money too." Zack snapped back. "I make good damn money."

"What ever this shit is probably paid for with divorce money." Lenard shook his head. "I'm leaving Kori, I'll see you at the apartments."

"You're going to walk there?" I asked, not really caring any more.

"I guess it looks like it." He sighed leaving the kitchen, I heard the door close so after.

"I'm so sorry about that." I said I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"It's fine," he sighed, he was really annoyed. "The guys should be here soon. You can go sit and wait if you want." He said before leaving the kitchen, I heard his feet on the stairs. Sighing I made my way into the living room, I sat down on the couch and made my self comfortable. I hate the fact that Lenard had ruined this night for me. I really didn't know why I stayed.