Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

All the problems I've been fed

"Hey you alright?" Nat walked up to me, I had been staring out across the yard for the last ten minutes.

"Yeah." I feebly smiled. In reality I was stressed. The fact that Lenard was walking home scared the shit out of me, and Zack hadn't been helping. He hadn't said two words to me since Lenard left.

"Are you sure?" Nat asked again.

"Yeah I think I'm a go get another beer." I smiled at her.

"Okay." She said smiling back before trailing over to Matt, he was currently cooking on the grill, Johnny keeping him company. Zack and Brian were inside last I had heard was in the kitchen. I nodded making my way inside, Zack place was easy to maneuver around the back door was at the end of a hallway that opened up into like a little sitting room. And further down the hallway was the kitchen and the living room. I walked slowly towards the kitchen, I could hear sounds and muffled voices. And the closer I walked the more noticeable the voices got. I could hear Zack talking, and every once in a while Brian's voice could be heard with a uh or un uh. I didn't really want to listen to what they had to say but I really just wanted to go.

"All I'm saying is why the hell would she bring him over here?" Zack said to Brian.

"Well you did say she could bring her friend." Brian said, he sounded like he was actually doing some thing instead of just standing there talking.

"Yeah a girl friend, not some old fuck that she is probably screwing." Zack snapped. "Really what's the point of inviting her over if she is already seeing some one?"

"Zack she might just want to be friends anyways."

"Doubt that," Zack gave out a laugh. "She is probably just like Nat, wanting me for money."

"Come on Zack she owns a tattoo shop." Brian said. "From what Tre' said Lenard was some homeless guy Kori took in and gave a job."

"Yeah what else is she giving him?"

"Not all girls are like that Zack, she could be a virgin for all you know." Brian sighed. "You haven't even really talked to her, and if you like her so much just talk to her and don't assume that she's like every girl that has fucked you over."

"Why even bother, she probably don't even like me." Zack said. I bit my lip, frozen in the middle of the hallway. My mind wondered I didn't know what to make of this situation. I never knew Zack liked me like that. I wished I hadn't heard anything that had been said between Zack and Brian. My heart was racing and my throat felt like it was going to close. I closed my eyes, and tried to control my breathing. I decided that was it, I wasn't going to stay here any more. I was done. I wanted to go home.

I dropped my empty bottle on the floor. Before walking towards the front door.

"Kori?" Brain asked. I stopped and turned.

"Yeah?" I looked at him a blank expression on my face.

"Are you okay?"

"No I'm not." I said softly, barely above a whisper.

"Is every thing okay?" He asked, his expression shone his concern. I shook my head, I really didn't even want to explain it. "Are you hurt, or or did something happen?"

"I'm fine." I said, he sighed. "But I have to go." I said I didn't give him time to answer or even act as I dashed out the door.

"Kori." Zack yelled, he was fallowing me. "Hey wait." I ignored him, and unlocked my door, opening I dropped down into the seat. But before I could close the door Zack was there. "What the matter?" He was frantic.

"Nothing." I said, I tried not to let my voice waver or show any signs of emotion.

"Well don't go then." He said, some what pleading with me.

"Why?" I asked, I didn't wait for a reply. "Why, so I can be the topic, a whore or a trashy bitch. Yeah Zack I think I'm done I just want to go home."

"Uh you heard?" He seemed bewildered.

"Yeah. And for starters I don't want you, your money, and I don't fuck homeless guys. So with that being said. Leave me the fuck alone, you won't have to worry about a thing any more." I growled. Zack looked at his feet, rubbing the back of his head unsure of what to do. "Just go away." I sighed, I wasn't angry I was hurt.

"I'm sorry." He said, before I pulled my door shut. Speeding off Zack was just a distant little figure growing smaller in my mirrors. I ignored the pain as I drove onto the interstate. I was going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Might be the last one for awhile, but I'm hoping this weekend isn't all that busy.