Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

A piece of me that I have yet to find

"Honey!" Her screech voice cut throw the air. I walked into the kitchen coming face to face with my mom. Last night I had been royal pissed, so I drove around practically in circles debating whether or not to come home. But my clingy side won that battle. My mom was the only person that could comfort me. And at this moment every thing just seemed to fade away. My flights, all my problems seemed lost.

"Morning. " I smiled, when I got in last night it was late close to three.

"Oh it's so good to see you." She said wrapping me in a hug.

"I missed you." I smiled, sighing.

"I missed you too." She squeezed me again before letting me go.

"Good morning kido." His voice caught me off guard, I figured he was at work, as late as it is.

"Morning." I squeaked out. He opened his arms, I didn't hesitate. What can I say I'm a daddy's girl.

"I missed you." He said kissing my forehead.

"I missed you too." I smiled.

"Well your father and I thought we'd take you to lunch." My mom piped up, tears in her eyes. My family might have money but that didn't mean we were heartless. My father was a stern person but I was his baby girl, he couldn't stay made at me.

"That sounds great."

The restaurant was decent, my parents didn't always act like they had money.

"So what finally brought you home?" My dad asked.

"Your father has been begging me to call you so you to could see each other." My mom gushed, kissing my father. I would be pissed by the fact that my dad could have called but he didn't have my number because my mom refused to play as a middleman.

"Well I meet some one." I really didn't want to go into details, but my parents needed to know every thing about me.

"Oh really?" My dad seemed all to intrigued. "So when do we get to meet him?" He blew on his soup.

"Well that's the thing." I bit my lip. "I don't know if I want you to."

"What? Why?" My mom asked offended.

"I don't think I want any thing to do with him now." I looked pathetically down at my soup.

"Aw honey, I'm sure thing will work out." My mom patted my hand. "So what went wrong."

"Well I was helping a friend get on there feet, and well he didn't like that friend and really didn't want me to have any thing to do with 'em. And well the got into a fight then he let his true colors show." I sighed. Zack was wonderful but was he even ready to be in a relationship.

"Well maybe he isn't deserving of you." My father stated. "So tell me, what are you doing with your life?"

"Well I own my own business." I smiled, that's really the only good that came out of my father banning me from the house.

"Really! What do you do?" My dad's enthusiasm made me laugh.

"I own a tattooing company, and I'm expanding it to a clothing line as well."

"Kori!" I looked to where my name was being called, Brian.

"Hey." I smiled less enthused.

"What are you doing here." He said wrapping me in a hug, squeezing the breath out of me.

"I'm having lunch with my parents." I managed to breath out.

"Oh well, I so sorry to interrupt." He said releasing me, he smiled at my parents.

"Mom, Dad this is Brian. Brian the rents." I smiled.

"Is he the?" My mom asked.

"Oh heavens no." I laughed. "He is Tre' boyfriend, she's one of my employees."

"Nice to met you rents." Brian smiled practically sitting on my lap. "So she hasn't told you about me yet?"

"I can't say she did." My father smiled amused.

"Well I'm her awesome best friend." He bragged about him self.

"Brian, I don't think my parents really care." I smiled, my parents laughed. "They aren't going to feed that ego of your."

"Aw it makes you wish we had another kid." My mom gushed.

"Oh well I'm adoptable." Brian smiled, causing my parents to laugh.

"Well Brian as temping as that sounds I don't think we have the money to feed you." I joked.

"Hey I'm not that fat." Brian poked me in the side.

"Oh I know you did not just call me fat." I lashed out at him.

"Hmm I think I did." He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Brian?" We both looked to see who called him, none other than Zack. "Oh hey Kori." He sounded shocked, and wasn't really all that thrilled.

"Hey." Brian and I said at the same time.

"What are you doing?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Well I am having lunch with Kori and her parents." Brian said mater of factly, Zack expression changed.

"So are the rest of the guys gonna be here?" I asked.

"No just Zack and me." Brian said, he wiggled his hips, almost knocking me off the chair.

"Oh well join us." My dad said, his smile only getting bigger as the time went.

"Oh we couldn't impose." Zack said.

"Nonsense." My dad said waving over the waiter.

"I already have." Brian smiled at Zack. As my dad asked for two more chairs and place settings.

"We insist." My mom smiled at Zack.

"You're out number." I said, the last thing I wanted was to see him. But there was no way to get out of this lunch. My dad always got what he wanted unless it was with my mom or me, then he gave us what we wanted.

"Are you sure?" Zack asked me directly.

"Even if I'm not I won't deny my parents Brian's company." I said as politely as I could.

"Well Zack I'm June." My mom smiled at him. I know for a fact she thought he was adorable, his green eyes intrigued her.

"Nice to met you." He smiled timidly.

"So any ways, why on Earth were you not my parents?" Brian asked randomly. My parents burst out laughing.

"Brian I think we already decided that my parents don't want you." I smiled, at his fake pout.

"So Kori where are you living?" My father asked, he loved to joke around but when all fun and games were over he got right to business.

"Well I live in a run down apartment close to my shop."

"What?" He asked almost choking on his soup. "Are you telling me your business isn't pulling in enough for you a house?"

"No it is, I just love my apartment." I said. "It reminds me of home." I smiled. My parents weren't from California, they grew up on military bases, before escaping. When I was born my mother still lived with her parents on the base, I had a room all to my self it was my haven. The house how ever was just like my apartment, no privacy.

"Well if you ever need anything ask." My dad, never threw his money around in front of people and I don't know why he was doing it to day.

"Well my company needs some sponsor. Maybe you could buy a slot, it's not really that much." I said, Brian and Zack didn't know my parents had money, and time and time again they'd heard the hard ship the company had. So I wasn't by any stretch of means rich, but I wasn't poor either.

"Well we'll discuss that later." He smiled at me. "So Zack how did you meet Kori?"

"Uh we met at a Laundry mat." He said not really knowing how to answer that question.

"Oh let me guess he used the can you break this bit." My dad smiled all to knowing.

"Actually he did." I smiled.

"So you boys live in Huntington?" My mom asked.

"Yup." Brian smiled.

"Well what brings you boys here?" She smiled politely.

"Oh we had a meeting with our record company." Brian said.

"Really! You're into music, would I have heard of you?" She asked.

"I doubt it." Zack said. "We're kind of like Metallica."

"Oh really, a modern day Metallica." My dad said. "Any thing like Pantera?"

"Actually we covered Pantera's walk." Brian said.

"Really I'll have to give it a listen." He smiled. "What's your band called?"

"Avenged Sevenfold." Zack said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this has been the worst summer of my life.. so far.
Starting off my mom's car (and my way to work) the transmission blows, not less then a week later my dog Rev gets parvo. Thankfully we caught it in time and he survived. Then I move, yeah well my boyfriend and I celebrate our twenty-first birthdays, me being eleven days older. Well on his birthday his dad's dog Liken runs away, the thing a bout her is she is part wolf and she'll attack anything or body that she is unfamiliar with. So there's no luck in getting her back. Well Chawn and I (that my boyfriend and it's pronounced Shawn.. I know) don't have room for our two dogs where we're living so his parents take his dog Ruffus. Well his parents bring Ruffus down for a visit, and the second day we have him, Chawn and him are playing fetch. And I don't know what happened but Ruffus yelped, and fell he wouldn't get up. Chawn and I rushed around trying to get him to the vet, but he died before we could go anywhere. It was fast like less then two minutes. Well Chawn had owned this dog for five years, and he'd been my baby for two. Well that was like the worst week of this summer.. or so I thought. Well Chawn's sister had gotten this puppy, part Boxer and part Boston Terrier (Jager). Well she decided she can't take care of a dog, and her two baby girls. So things start to look up, Chawn has a new dog. So it's been close to two weeks since Ruffus died and Chawn and I absolutely love this dog he's only like a month or two old. Well we'd babysit him when his sister owned him so the dog wasn't a stranger. Anyways today would be like almost a week since we brought Jager home, him and Rev liked each other. So it was a big happy family. Well we live on a dirt road, and today some ass hole comes flying down it and hits our new baby Jager.. I swear this is not my summer. If you're an animal lover like me, keep a close eye on your pets. I know of two other people who have had to bury there pets this summer too. I know most of you won't read this but if you do, and you've lost a pet I am so sorry.
Image
Jager
Image
Jager and Rev
Image
Ruffus