Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

I'm asked to compromise

"So when can I see your shop?" My dad asked, lunch was going good. Other than the fact that my dad was so set on talking every detail out of me, and my mom was trying desperately to get my sex life out of Brian or Zack.

"Soon." Was my reply. "Mom, leave the poor boys alone they don't know anything about me."

"None scenes, if they are as good as friends as you clam then they should know if you're dating some one." She smiled, I know she was wanting a grand baby but the thing is she was going about it the wrong way.

"Mom really we've hung out a lot at the mat but really we don't know any thing about each other."

"Well you need to get the ball rolling." Here we go again.

"I will when I'm ready." I snapped.

"Now listen here young lady, you will not take that kind of tone with my mother." Brian said, causing every one to laugh.

"Shut up Brian." I said shoving him, playfully.

"Well I never." He put his hand against his chest acting hurt.

"Your check sir." The waiter said handing my father a little black folder.

"Thank you." My dad said placing his card in there before handing it back.

"No let me." Zack said, he was very uncomfortable with my family. My dad waved the waiter off.

"It's fine, don't worry about it."

"I really would feel better paying." Zack said.

"No you kids save your money, we've got this." My mom said.

"Zack you're going to lose my parents are very persistent in getting what they want." I said silencing the matter.

"Well thank you for lunch." Brian said.

"Yeah thank you." Zack said.

"Oh stop." My mom blushed, she loved attention.

"What are you two doing for dinner?" Dad asked.

"Well we were going to head back to Huntington after lunch." Brian said.

"Well why don't you two come by and hangout then we can have dinner." Dad offered.

"We've opposed enough for one day really." Zack said.

"Oh you must." My mom gushed. "We haven't had any of Kori's friends over in awhile."

"Well I'm all for it." Brian said looking at Zack. "If you want to go home you can go, I'll catch a cab or something."

"No if you're staying so am I." Zack said to Brian.

"Oh wonderful." I hadn't ever noticed this but since I wasn't around my mom lately she is really annoying.