Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

Lost our way tonight

"Well I'll see you guys soon." I said, hugging my dad.

"Drive safely." He said sternly, letting go of me.

"I will." I smiled at my parents, leaving the house. I got in my car and started the two hour drive to Huntington. Yesterday was a blast for the most part, Brian I would have to say was my new best friend. When he was around there wasn't a dull moment, and Zack seemed to open up. My parents surprisingly loved the guys and couldn't wait to meet the rest of the guys.

I turned on the radio turning out the hum of the traffic around me. I was really dreading going home, I really didn't want to face Lenard. I knew why Zack acted the way he did but Lenard confused me. Why was he such a dick to Zack did they know each other before me or was it something more.

"Oh you jack ass." I growled as some dude cut me off, my hand out the window flipping him the bird. "Oh god." It was to late to be out on the road, but I really didn't want to stay another night with my mom. I sighed relaxing, my apartment building was in sight. Then it hit me, I didn't really know Lenard all that much. He could have taken every thing, or he could be waiting for me with a gun.

Fear ran through my body as I parked my car in the parking garage. Exiting the car, I made my way to the stairs.

The door was locked.

Shoving the key in and pushing the door open, I sighed seeing all my stuff where it belongs.

"Well it's nice to see you are still alive." Lenard's voice caught me off, guard.

"Oh jesus." I squeaked, my hand went to my heart.

"Have fun?" He asked, the dish towel in his hand drying off the bowl in the other.

"Yeah I did." I said, I really didn't want to get into any thing with Lenard.

"Well I'm glad." He sounded bitter.

"I went and visited my family." I said, filling him in on half of what went on. I really didn't want to here any body's bs.

"How are they?" He asked actually interested.

"Oh well my mom is more annoying than ever, and I can't explain how much I missed my dad." I sighed sitting down in a chair.

"Oh so how long were you there for?" He asked, I knew he was beating around the bush, he wanted to know if I stayed at Zack that night or left and went to my parents.

"Well after you left Zack's I stayed a little longer visiting with my friends, then went to my parents later that night." I said giving him a small run down of what went on.

"Oh about the other day, I just wanted to apologize about the way I acted." He said.

"Oh well I think Zack would really appreciate that." I smile really proud that Lenard was going to actually act his age.

"I don't give a shit about that fucker, I was talking about the way I acted towards you." He said the first part a bit bitter, and then soften when he directed me.

"Well Lenard I'm going to be honest, Zack is a part of my life and if you don't like that then you need to either keep your mouth shut or just leave." I said, defensive.

"Well you know what you can just go fuck your self to stupid bitch." He growled advancing toward me.

"Lenard." I growled, warning him.

"What you think I'm scared." He's eye twitched.

"I'll warn you once, don't take one more step." I got up out of the chair. "This is what's going to happen you are going to walk out that door, I'll gather you stuff and then you can fuck off." I looked at him calmly.

"What if I don't?" He growled towering over me.

"You really don't want to know." I said, I'd had enough of this shit, as soon as he was out of my apartment so was I, I was going to move.

"Fine." He exited the my apartment, slamming the door behind him. I grabbed my phone, calling the owner. I pressed the phone to my ear as I gathered Lenard's stuff.

"Hey Jay, it's me Kori." I said politely into the phone. "I have a bit of a problem." His voice was gruff but polite. "Well Lenard is a bit out of control, he's enraged and I'm afraid he might do something stupid." I sighed, I knew I'd end up getting my self into some kind of trouble. "I am packing his things right now and then I'm going to a friend's house and stay the night. I need a new lock put on the door, he is no longer welcome in my house." With that he agreed then said he'd be right up, and then hung up.

"Lenard?" I asked opening the door. He was standing there in the entrance, waiting. "Here." I said handing him the bag then closing the door in his face.

"You bitch." He snapped, the door swung open.

"Lenard watch your self." I wasn't a little child I defended my self and most guys didn't know what hit them till I was done with them.

"You think you can just get rid of me that easily?" He grabbed my arm squeezing it.

"I know I can." I swung, hitting him in the face. My left hand wasn't as strong as my right but it did enough. He dropped my arm and staggered back.

"Bitch." He swung at me, with his full swing I had enough time to duck.

"Lenard." Jay's voice sounded in the door way, causing me to look over. I sighed releaved that he was here. I let my guard down to soon, Lenard hit me in the face with a right hook. The pain exploded up my face, my chin was numb but the splitting headache hit me hard.

I sat in the chair as Jay wrestled Lenard out of the building.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked. I nodded, feebly.

"I'm going to go, please get a new lock on. I'll pick the keys up some time." I said daze. I moved slowly gathering clothes and then made my way down to the parking garage.

Once in my car I headed for the interstate, I didn't know weather he was home or not, I just hoped. I pulled the car to the curb and got out, rushing to the door. The door opened after a few taps.

"Kori?" Zack asked he looked tired.

"Hey, sorry to show up like this but I need a place to stay for the night." I said out of breath.

"Come in." He pushed the door open wider.