Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

But you made it through

Buzzing was the one thing I still hadn't gotten use too. The vibration was easy to ignore but the buzzing annoyed me.

"Kori." Jade came into the room. "Fuck face is here."

"Shit. Sorry sir, I'll be right back." I dropped my gun on the tray beside me. Rushing out of the room. "You better get the fuck away from my register." I stormed towards him.

"He didn't open it." Mark said, he was sort of like my big brother. And an added plus he hated Max. Max usually doesn't come around when Mark is working, but since he stole money from the shop, I don't have to give him any information about the shop. So we had been switching Mark's days around and then on his days off he would still show up randomly. So if Max was staking out the shop, he would think Mark work then. But today Mark came in threw the back door, so it showed Max was staying out front.

"Well the courts said you can't be anywhere back here with out me, not get the fuck out." My attitude had changed, I shoved him toward the door.

"Just cus the courts said that I couldn't be in on any of the decision don't mean I can't be in here." He retorted.

"Well it's my decision that I don't want you in here." I retorted. "So Bye."

"Oh Kori, come on love." Max said grabbing her arm as she tried pushing him out.

"Don't touch me." I growl, pulling my arm free. I then punched him in the jaw.

"You bitch." He said retaliating, swinging at me. My vision went black, as his fist connected with my face. Mark jumped and had Max shoved out of the store and was beating the shit out of him.

"Oh god Kori are you alright?" Jade said running up to me. I could feel pain in my face, before it went numb.

"I'm fine." I said rushing out side, I could feel stinging in my face. I pulled Mark away from Max, who was laying on the pavement his face was bloody. From the looks of it his nose was broken, I just smiled and pulled my phone out and took a pick of it.

***

After I had managed to get back into the shop, I finished up that kind man's tattoo. I ended up giving him a discount for waiting. Cause the police got involved and Mark got arrested. But I managed to get by. Then my lawyer managed to get Mark out of jail because of an aggravated assault, and abuse, and also because of the previous court verdict Max's was breaking the law. He had managed to black my eye and bust my lip.

By Thursday the swelling had gone down, my black eye was still nasty looking and the edges were turning yellow. My busted lip was still there but smaller.

I was currently on my way to the laundry mat, I had decided that even thou today is my day off and I wanted to do something other than go to the mat. But after the 'fight' my shirt had gotten blood on it. I did my best to get it out but it was starting to sour. So I really couldn't put it off this week either.

I walked in, today he was there and he wasn't alone. His friend was loud and obnoxious. His brown hair long and was tucked under his bandanna and hat, and his sunglasses hid his face.

"So this is so boring, I can't believe you do this every week."

"Well it's better than where this shit again." Zack said shoving some shirts into the washer.

"True that shit is nasty." I giggled, dropping my basket on the table a crossed from them. My sunglasses hid my black eye. "Oh now I see why you're here every week."

"What.. uh no." Zack said. I just ignored them and started doing my laundry.

"Are you sure she's like hot." His friend came around and stood by me. "Hi I'm Brian."

"Hi I'm Kori." I laughed at him.

"So Kori is my friend sweet on you?" Laughing I pushed my hair behind my ear.

"Uh no." I said throwing another shirt into the washer, before starting it.

"Really so he hasn't been like hey babe can I get some quarters?" His friend eyed me.

"No." I laughed.

"Liar. Look me in the eye and say it." He said before pulling my sunglasses off. "Oh shit."

"What the hell happened?" Zack asked.

"Uh I got hit." I said avoiding the topic.

"Who hit you?" Brian asked, protectively.

"Kori." Max said entering the mat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I hate this part but I guess I it had to be posted.