Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

I make decisions one at a time

The night seem to go by smoothly, after Nat shut her ass up. It turned into a bull shit night. I enjoyed kicking back and talking with the guys, Brian had disappear about an hour ago, Johnny was helping Matt clean up and Zack had headed to the bathroom. It left me and Nat at the table, and I really didn't want to hear he shit.

"You know I think I like you." She said out of the blue.

"Uh?" I said furrowing my brow, looking at her like she'd gone crazy.

"I get it you think I a bitch." She shrugged playing with her beer bottle. "But I haven't always been like this." She looked at me, and for the first time to night she treated me like I was one of the guys. "Matt cheated one me, it's been close to six months ago."

"Zack mentioned something about it." I said, I didn't know what to say to that.

"Did he tell you it was with his girlfriend." She looked at me. I felt all the blood wash out of my face. Matt didn't seem like a cheater, but nobodies perfect. But sleeping with his best friend's girlfriend.

"Wow." I looked at her. "So that why you treated me like shit."

"Yeah, I did but I've been watching you, Brian, Matt and Zack all flirt with you. But you don't pay any attention to them, I like that." She smiled and got up. "Just don't hurt him, he deserves better."

I didn't know what to say to that, I felt dazed. "Are you ready to go home?" Zack said walking up to me.

"Uh yeah." I smiled. He then motioned toward the house. I fallowed him inside. He peered into the kitchen.

"Well we're gonna head out." He said.

"Okay." Johnny said. He walked over and gave me a hug. "Later." He then went back to cleaning. Matt did the same but his hug was held a bit to long and I looked at Nat for help. I think he did it just to piss her off any ways.

"Well it was nice to meet you." She said pulling me into a hug after Matt let go.

"You too." I think that was the best I was going to get out of her. Once I'd said my good byes, Zack grabbed my hand making it obvious that I'd come with him. He then lead me out of the house.

"Sorry about my friends." He said, he opened my door for me.

"There fine, thanks." I said sliding into the seat, he closed the door behind me. Before heading around the car and getting in.

"They like to be like competitive." He said starting the car.

"I got that." I laughed, as he smiled at me.

"I kind of wish you would have turned down Matt's offer." He said.

"Why?" This I really had to hear.

"Well I know you know Brian's girlfriend and if we would have been at his place things would have been different, but the tension between Matt and Nat is some time unbearable."

"I understand." I said, clearing my throat. "She told me that it was your girlfriend."

"Ex." He said, he gripped the wheel.

"Sorry I didn't mean to make you mad."

"Oh no. It's okay." He bit his lip from saying more, but it was obvious that he was mad. The ride home was worse than on the way here, he was frustrated and I could tell that he wasn't trying to hide it now. She or I had pissed him off, I just hoped it wasn't the latter. When we got to my apartment building he pulled up in front instead of going in to the parking garage.

I felt weird, like a shy boy and a popular girl after a bad date. I wasn't sure weather to say anything or just get out and disappear till Thursday, I opened the door. "Night." I said smiling at him.

"Night." He said not really caring, just wanting me to close his door so he could get the fuck out of here.

"Bye." I said not even giving him the opportunity to say anything I closed the door and the hurriedly headed into the building.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to blame myself for how tonight ended or her.

When I got up the stairs the hallway wasn't empty. This lonely guy laid on a crumpled bag it looked old and stuffed full of shit. To be real honest I felt as low as him, as horrible as that sound I felt like a worthless person. And for the first time in a while I truly felt lonely. I retreated into my apartment. I didn't bother about closing the door behind me, I had no intention of staying her tonight. I grabbed a pillow and a drape for the couch, and my keys. I walked into the hall, the homeless guy looked at me. I didn't recognize him, I smiled walking down the hall towards him.

"Hello, young-en." He said as I approached.

"Hello." I smile. "I thought you might like something more comfortable." I handed him the pillow and blanket.

"Well, I heard there was a sweet young lady on this floor but I hadn't realized you were this sweet." He smiled at me placing the pillow behind him and wrapping the blanket around him. "Thank you."

"Your welcome." I said I leaned down tucking the blanket around him. I slipped a fifty dollar bill into his shirt pocket.

"Kori?" His voice rung out in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy.

So I am also writing another story.. And its going to be twisted in with this one.. It's a Matt Shadows fanfic. The only problem is I need a lead person.. So if any one is interested in being Matt's toy. Comment me with Name and a brief description of how you want you person to be..

Thanks Lots of Love Jess