Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

Can you help me occupy my brain

"Can I help you?" Her voice was rude and you could tell by the look on her face that she didn't want us to be there.

"Well my friend here needs some new clothes." I said smiling, patting Lenard on the shoulder.

"Well the men section is over there, and the dressing rooms are closed." She snapped walking away towards the counter.

"What a bitch." I growl, walking over to the men section. This store seemed to have everything we needed, just they seemed more for a teenager. "So what do you like?" I asked Lenard as I browsed through some pants.

"Well normally I wore suits, so I don't even know where to began." He said looking over my shoulder.

"Well I own a tattoo shop and I don't care what you wear, just as long as you're comfortable." I said pulling out a pair of blue jeans.

"Well in that case I guess some jeans and shirts will do." Lenard said.

"Anything in particular you'd like to wear." I asked as he continued to look over my shoulder. I didn't receive and answer, and he didn't dare to touch any clothing. I was embarrassed for him, I knew the people here was pathetic, I hated the way he was scrutinized. I growled pulling some pants and shirts off the racks. Asking him his size was uselessly he didn't know any of them. I just grabbed some pants and shirts what ever didn't fit we'd bring back. I grabbed a pack of socks and underwear too. He did know however what his shoe size was, which was great the staff wasn't very enthused about helping us. But once we got what we needed we exited the store.

"I will never shop in there again." I snapped once we stepped out the doors. "I'm sorry but if you can't treat a person like a human then there's only one place you'll fine your self."

"I'm sorry, I'm just use to it I guess." He smiled.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, the harlots will find a nice place in Hell." I smiled at him, as we entered the building. The door tenant didn't say anything about the homeless guy, they were only let in at night, he noticed my attitude and heard what I had to say. Lenard fallowed me silently, not knowing what to say.

"Miss's can I ask you a question?" Lenard finally spoke as we hit the landing on my floor.

"Of course." I smiled unlocking my door.

"Well why me?" He asked, walking in behind me, we set the bags down in the living room floor.

"Well you have been the only one who hasn't taken a beer from me, and also you just seemed to call out for help." I said rummaging around in the bags looking for his cleaning supplies.

"What do you mean I called out for help?" He said looking at me.

"Well you knew I was a sweetheart before you even decided to stay on this floor. And when I asked you why your reason to be in your situation was because you had a hard time, and not because you drank yourself poor." I smiled. "I need to know I can trust you around money."

"Well I'm honored that you trust me." He smiled. Something about him just made me want to trust him. But then again I was raised with father who trusted no one. So I wasn't stupid, everything in my apartment was registered so if stolen it would be worthless, if some one was caught pawning it, they'd get arrested and my items would be returned. And my store was under surveillance, so I could be a little naive.

"I've had a lot of people use me, but I don't care. It's all in the past." I smiled at him, handing him a towel and his supplies and showed him to the bathroom.

"Well I admire that." He smiled at me before closing the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please..