Not Enough

four

I was so in love with him. I didn't know how else to explain it.

"When I'm around him, I can't breathe, and when I'm not around him, I want to be...so badly" my best friend Tamara stared at me, with happiness and nervousness.

"Is he really who you think he is?"

"He's everything"

She grabbed the nail polish off the bedside table and put one of her feet up on the bed, "I just don't want you getting hurt"

"I won't..."

"Do you not remember what kind of a dick he was all through high school?" she replied, "He was so awful..."

"And now he's not"

"Jules, I'm not saying you couldn't change him...but what if you don't?"

I just sighed, "Trust me, he is not the same guy"

--

"You...are....dead! Boom!" I heard him yell walking into his basement.

"Really Tay?" I said setting my bag down.

"Sorry" he replied taking the headset off, "I am still a guy"

I just smirked, "Yah I know" I sat next to him on the couch and looked at the screen, "Can I play?"

He just looked at me with disbelief and widened his eyes when he realized I was serious, "You're serious..."

"Very"

"Well you can start by--"

"Headset"

"You're not ready for that" he said quickly.

"One time" I said batting my eyelashes playfully.

He bit his lip and handed it to me, "You're lucky you're pretty"

I just winked and put it on, "I use it to my advantage"

"Yes...I'm a girl" I said into the heaset, "What am I wearing? What do you mean what am I--Oh my god" I said pulling it off, "This kid sounds like he's ten!"

"I told you you're not ready"

He half smiled at me and I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"I'd keep that tongue in missy if I were you"

"And if I don't?"

He leaned across the couch and placed his lips on mine. He completely took my breath from me. He grabbed my sides and I placed my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him down on the couch.

"This makes no sense" I said.

"Why?"

"Cause you're Taylor Hall"

He just smirked, "And you're Jaden"

I bit my lip and tugged on his necklace, kissing him again, "And you're mine"

He just nodded and kissed me once more, "I'm yours"

"You're really going to do this in my house?" We both sat up quickly and met eyes with his father. My cheeks burned red and Taylor sighed.

"Really Dad?"

"You didn't lock it" he shrugged, "Plus, you don't lock doors in my house anyways" he looked in my direction and cocked his head to the side, "So who's the pretty girl?"

"Dad, Jaden, Jaden, my dad"

"Hi Mr. Hall" I smiled nervously nodding my head once.

"Are you staying for dinner"

"Jade, you really don't have to--"

"No, I'd love to, if it's fine with you"

"Of course it's fine with him!" his father replied, "Plus, I invite who I like to dinner. Again it is--"

"Your house, I get it dad"

He looked back and forth at both of us and nodded, "Good, dinner should be ready soon" he went back up the stairs and I sighed leaning back against the couch.

"How the hell am I going to survive that?" I asked.

"Don't worry, I'll cover you"

I just laughed, "We're not in your video game anymore"

"Trust me, you'll need my cover with him" he said.

"As long as you're next to me, I'm sure I'll be fine. Plus, can it really be that bad?"

"So Jaden. Why my son?"

I just looked at Taylor then back at him, "Uh, I guess we just connected" I shrugged, "It really wasn't anything special..."

"You helped him pass English...am I right?"

"Well, we still have some time left, but I think he'll be just fine"

"Taylor, son, you picked a good one. Not like that Rachel girl, the one with the blonde hair, fake smile and tight clothes. This one has a head on her shoulders"

Taylor sighed and nodded, "Thanks dad, I appreciate it" he replied sarcastically.

"So Jaden, what do you plan to do after school?"

"I don't know yet" I shrugged, "I have alot of options, including a scholarship to a school in the states"

"Oh wow" he replied, "Are you taking it"

I looked over at Taylor, who I hadn't told yet, "I don't know yet, like I said, I have alot of options"

"Well I hope you make the right decision for you. Don't let my son here hold you back"

Taylor sarcastically smiled and I grabbed his hand under the table, "He doesn't hold me back whatsoever, don't worry"

Dinner finished and Taylor dragged me into his room, "A scholarship?" he asked.

"I didn't tell you, because I don't know if I'm going to go"

"Did you tell them you were?"

"...Yes"

"Where is it?"

"Boston"

"And you didn't think to tell me sometime?"

"Taylor, I took it before I even met you! I've been trying to find other options, something else. Somewhere's else. I didn't expect you to happen"

He sat down on the bed for a moment, and I leaned against the bedroom door, trying to think of something to say, but nothing was coming out.

"What else is there for you to do?" he asked quietly.

"Taylor, you're going to the draft soon, and who knows where you'll end up then..."

"I don't want it without you"

"Don't tell me you'd throw away your dream for me. Because I won't let you"

"It doesn't mean anything without you"

"You're too talented okay? You're supposed to be the first draft pick. I'm not taking that from you"

"Jaden, I--"

"I need to go home and clear my head, I'll call you...sometime" I quickly escaped from his room and sighed. We were finally facing the fact that this may not last forever. It's finally come to the point where our dreams could tear us apart. And that terrified me.