Not Enough

seven

It wasn't a big wedding, which most girls are so intent on having. It was just in a court, signed, and that was it. I was Mrs. Hall. I barely had time to think.

"So?"

"What?" I said staring at the road in front of us.

"You haven't said a word since we left the courthouse"

"We're married Taylor. Forever and always, for better or for worse, sickness and health...we're 18!"

"Everything's going to be okay"

"How do you know?"

"Because it just will" he stopped the car on the side of the road and turned it off. We were quiet, and I heard him let out a deep sigh, "I love you okay? We'll get through it together" I looked down at the gold ring around my finger and just shook my head, "I'm terrified"

He grabbed my shaking hands and held them tightly, "You and I can get through anything. This will work. We will be okay"

I looked in his eyes and it was impossible to say no, he was pleading with me, "Promise?" I asked quietly. He just nodded and pulled me in with his arms wrapped around me, "I promise"

"I'm Mrs. Hall..." I mumbled quietly into his neck.

"I wouldn't have it any other way"

--

Now, it was time to tell my dad, the hardest part. Taylor had volunteered to come with me, and I had to say yes, I don't know if I could do this alone.

Taylor grabbed my hand while we both walked into my house, my dad was in his usual spot, his chair in the living room. My heart beat faster and I cleared my throat to let him know I was here.

"Oh hey guys" he smiled shutting off the tv, "Something up?"

I was quiet for a moment but Taylor lightly nudged me and I nodded, "I--we have something we need to tell you Dad"

He looked more nervous by the second, which didn't help my nerves. I simply showed him my left hand, the gold ring catching the sunlight from the window. His jaw dropped and he stood up quickly.

"What did you do to my daughter?" he said turning his attention to Taylor.

"Dad, it wasn't just me, I said yes"

"Did he bribe you? Persuade you? What the hell is going on?"

"Dad, I married him. Plain and simple, because I love him, and you can't do anything to change that"

"What do your parents have to--"

"With all due respect sir" he said, "We're 18, and it really wouldn't matter what my parents said"

"You little--" I stepped in front of my dad before he could do anything, "Dad, stop"

He shook his head and took my hand, "You're my little girl..."

"I'm not your little girl anymore" I said quietly, "I'm his girl now..."

"Where will you live? How will you--"

"He has it under control dad, I'll stay with him wherever he ends up, which will most likely be Edmonton. I'll get a job wherever, and I'll be with him, which is all that matters"

"Edmonton?"

"You have to let me go sometime Daddy"

"You better take care of her, or you will not live to see the sun again"

He tensed up and nodded, "Of course, you know it"

It didn't go as badly as I thought, but it could have went better. But what did I expect, him to be happy about it? I was 18, marrying a potential NHL star who would end up away half the time across this country and the US. I didn't have a job, nothing near one. This entire thing scared me to death, but then I looked at Taylor, and he looked at me with a smile and all the fears seemed to completely disappear.

Maybe this really could work after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm sorry it's so short :( i seriously have no inspiration for it.
but it's an update...right?