The Glamour Tide

The Glamour Tide

Hollywood is...is...here's where I would usually compare it to some obscure animal such as an aye-aye or pangolin, but the only thing I can really say it that it is itself.

Hollywood is fickle and flighty, but also the most loyal and trustworthy friend you'll ever make. Once you're in you're always in - I'm [obscure name here], you must have heard of me, I acted in Harry Potter...it's glamour. Whether you're Daniel Radcliff or one of those nameless, faceless students, you can still claim Hollywood's glamour. You are privy to the secrets of a mysterious world, sparkling with a million cigarettes and flashing with a thousand sunglasses.

Look at it close enough and you can see; it's pathetic, like an over-sensitive teenager. Its emotions soar high and free, shocked at the latest love affair, temporarily dropping both stars from the sky, then after a while pulling them back into its welcoming embrace. Scandals, scams, all riding high on a torrent of showbiz and fans and the ever-present, glistening glamour.

It's a land where appearance rules everything; its denizens chop and change between roles just as you'd change a coat - that's their job. For a living the occupants fix false smiles and tears, tricking you into thinking that they're real when they're so, so fake. Off-set, however, they are genuine...maybe...

Don't trust an actor.

Especially one who rides the glamour tide.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my story.