Status: A work in progress

True Bliss

Chapter 1: Love at First Sight

The music was loud, and I was enjoying every second of it. Things were going well and people were having a blast. I stood in the back watching, listening, and keeping to myself.

I wondered when my friends were going to show up, if they decided to come at all. It would be such a shame if they didn't. These guys were really good.

Suddenly I felt a breeze. Deciding I could use some fresh air, I stepped outside for a moment.

The city was full of activity as always. I sighed, wondering if I should move out to someplace more peaceful.

“You enjoying the concert?” someone asked.

I turned to see a girl standing next to the entrance.

“Yes, I am,” I replied.

She walked over and stood near me. I noted her smile and how it seemed to make her shine.

“I see... What are you doing out here? I think they're about ready to play one of their best songs.”

“I could ask you the same," I retorted.

“I needed some air,” she told me.

“Makes sense,” I said. “That's the reason I came out, too.”

“Are you here alone?” she asked.

“I am. I was waiting for a few friends, but I don't think there going to show. It's a shame they're missing out.”

“Do you think they'll go far?” She asked.

“What do you mean?” I wondered aloud.

“The band, Disturbed, do you think they will go far?”

I laughed. “I think a few years from now they'll be indestructible."

She smiled. Something about it made me look at her closely again. I found myself staring into her hazel eyes.

“Well I believe I'm going to head back in,” she said after a moment.

“I never did catch your name,” I blurted out.

She stopped and smiled,“I never did throw it at you.”

“Oh,” I stuttered a little. “Would you mind throwing it to me?”

“Only if you can catch it,” she replied.

I smiled. “I think I am capable of catching it.”

“My names Michayla,” she said.

“Well, nice to meet you Michayla. Would you like me to throw you mine?”

“Hmm... Perhaps.”

“You think you're capable of catching it?” I asked.

She smiled at me. “You'll come to find that I am a very good catcher.”

“My name's Jackson,” I told her.

She nodded her head and walked inside.

I looked on after her for a moment, before turning and looking back toward the street. I glanced back at the door as it closed shut.

“Sorry guys. If you don't want to show up, it'll be you who’s missing out.”

I quickly opened the door and ran to catch up with Michayla.

-----------------------------
Two Months Later

Michayla and I just finished eating dinner. The restaurant was crowded, but the food was good, if not a bit expensive. I decided it was all well worth it.

“I have something for you,” I said to Michayla.

She looked at me. “Really?”

I smiled and nodded at her, pulling out a bag and handing it to her.

She opened it and pulled out a black box. “You could have at least just handed me the box,” she said sarcastically.

I laughed. “Alright if your going to be like that...” I grabbed the box and bag from her. I put the box in the bag, then took it out again and handed it to her.

“That's much better, thank you,” Michayla said with a smile.

“You're welcome. Anything else I'm doing wrong that you want to point out for me while we are still on the subject?”

“Um... I would tell you to stop being so loud and obnoxious, but that would be rather mean and kinda off topic.”

I looked at her. “How am I being loud and obnoxious? I'm thinking that I should just take that little black box and go get my money back.”

“Hell no!” Michayla said laughing, moving away from my extended arm.

She put the box down on the table and opened it.

I looked at her smiling, and she did not say a world. “Do you like it?" I asked.

She blinked and looked at me. “Yeah. It's a cool necklace.”

I stared at her. “'It's a cool necklace'? It's just a 'cool necklace'? A full diamond necklace and it's just 'cool'? I'm sure you're going to tell me next that the food was just OK.”

She smiled. “Yeah, The food was alright. Not the best.”

“So I take you to the absolute best restaurant in town, and the food is just OK, and I buy you a very nice diamond necklace and its just 'cool'? I see how you are.”

“I prefer Chinese,” Michayla said laughing.

I got up and grabbed the necklace. I pushed her lovely blonde hair out of the way and put it on for her. “How's that?” I said.

“I like it,” Michayla said as she pulled me forward and gave me a kiss.

“I believe we should head home now,” I told her.

Michayla smiled and nodded. “I agree. I'm tired of sitting here.”

“Well then lets go! I'll go pay for this OK meal. You wait outside for me.”

Michayla nodded and headed off.

I paid for the meal and headed outside. I couldn't help but notice how the necklace seemed to shine in the light. I hoped it wouldn't attract unwanted attention.

We slowly walked down the street arm in arm. I was enjoying every minute of it.

“I have some fortune cookies,” Michayla said, handing one to me.

“So would you object if I took the fortune and didn't eat the cookie?” I asked.

“Um, yeah. I hate them, so you should eat them. Don't be a big baby.”

“Oh, so just because I don't eat the cookie makes me a big baby. Is that it?”

“Exactly,” Michayla said.

“I'm not a big baby,” I said.

“Yes you are.”

“Well when you meet a baby that buys you a beautiful diamond necklace and takes you out to eat at the most expensive restaurant in the world, please let me know.”

Michayla looked at me and said in a sweet, innocent voice “But Jackson, I already know you.”

I sighed and smiled back at her. “Someone's just full of insults tonight.”

“They're not insults if they're the truth,” Michayla said, laughing.

“You are so lucky I love you, Michayla.”

“I know I am," she said.

As we moved into the more secluded part of town, I pulled Michayla closer to me, keeping an extra eye out and becoming cautious.

“Do you think we should have driven?” I asked her.

“Well if we did, we wouldn't be having as much fun talking to each other. What does your fortune say?”

I looked down at the fortune I pulled out of the cookie and smiled. “Well it says that Michayla loves me so much that each time she sees me her heart skips a beat.”

“Really?” Michayla said. “Let me see that!”

“Nope!” I said, holding the paper away from her.

“You sure they got the right Michayla?” she asked, laughing.

“Well it's rather odd, but it says that bad things happen when you least expect them.”

“You got that right,” someone said from behind us. Startled, we both turned around.

My heart sank as I stared at the gun. At least it was pointing at me. I pulled Michayla behind me.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“You can give me your wallet, and I think the girl's necklace is very pretty. It would go nice with my collection.”