Status: A work in progress

True Bliss

Chapter 3: Falling into Chaos

Jackson and Michayla sat upon the edge of Heaven, their gaze upon Earth. They sat there for a long time, completely lost in thought.

“So what do you think our lives would be like?” Michayla asked Jackson. “If we were still alive?”

“I would hope that we would be living happily together,” Jackson told her.

“What if we went back?” Michayla whispered.

“What do you mean?” Jackson asked.

“What if we go back and set things right? What if we can make a difference in the world, show them how to be peaceful?”

“Sounds like a daunting task,” Jackson said.

“It may take a long time,” Michayla told him,“but we have a long time.”

Jackson nodded. “Indeed we do.”

“Do you think it is forbidden to do such a thing?” Michayla asked, now a little unsure.

“There's only one way to find out. I mean, no one's tried to stop us from discussing this plan. I'm sure there are a lot of angels that are on Earth.” Jackson smiled at her. “I mean the term 'an angel in disguise' had to come from somewhere, right?”

“Should we be so hasty to leave this place?” Michayla asked. “I mean meeting all my ancestors is great and all, but it seems like you are the only person that really knows me.”

“I feel the same way,” Jackson said. “I think we should try. No one should suffer the same death we had to endure; no one should suffer the way you did at your final moments. If we can change all that, bring the world to peace, no one ever will.”

“I think you are right,” Michayla said.

Jackson stood up and flexed his wings. “Then lets do it.” He held out his hand for Michayla.

With a smile, Michayla took it and stood up.

Jackson and Michayla prepared themselves to jump toward earth.

“We ascend together, we fall together,” Jackson said embracing Michayla. “Are you ready?”

“Yes,” Michayla said

They jumped, wrapping there wings around each other.

As they fell into Earth they gained speed. They had a certain destination in mind.

As they continued to fall faster, they stared into each other. Jackson nodded his head and they both spread out there wings, nearly halting there descent. They regained control and positioned themselves, landing in a forest region in front of a lake.

“That was not so bad,” Jackson said.

“I think we almost hit a plane on our way down,” Michayla said.

“Well its a wonderful thing we did not,” Jackson said, laughing.

Jackson looked at his reflection in the lake, realizing that they were both perfect images of themselves. He could only tell by looking at himself.

“So what is our plan next?” Michayla asked. “Have anything in mind?”

“Well I believe we need to observe first. If we go charging in not knowing anything, it will make the process even more difficult.”

Michayla nodded. “What if we run into other angels?”

“What do you mean?” Jackson asked. “We have our goals, and they have theirs.”

“Well what if they don't approve of what we are doing?”

“Then I assume they will try to stop us,” Jackson told her simply.

“Will we know that they are angels at first glance?” Michayla asked.

“Yes, you will,” a voice said.

Jackson and Michayla turned to the voice. They noticed his wings and concluded that he was an angel.

“Humans don't see our wings unless you fly,” he said. “Here. Take these.” He handed them clothes.

Jackson and Michayla looked at each other and realized they were completely naked. They couldn't help but laugh.

“We were about to go out into the world like this,” Michayla said. “I'm thankful you came along.”

They put on the clothes, barely feeling them against their skin.

“Yeah... You would have realized that eventually. Just be careful as you stay here. Earthly feelings will begin to take hold, but whatever you do, do not let that happen. The last thing you need is to be angry when you are not supposed to be.”

“Thanks a lot for your help,” Jackson told him. “Also, may we ask you a few more questions?”

The angel smiled. “Of course! Perhaps you should have done a little more research before you decided to come down here.”

“I figured as an angel we would know everything,” Michayla said.

The angel laughed. “My name is Gavreel. You have lots to learn. Angels learn things as well. There have been many angels who try to make a name for themselves among humans. It just comes down to if they succeed or fail.”

“Do you think you could give us advice about our mission?” Jackson asked.

“Why of course!” He said happily. “You're right on observing things first. Whatever it is you are going to do, you must always observe, no matter how long it takes.”

“Has an angel tried to bring world peace before?” Michayla asked.

“Why, yes. There was an angel who once tried to bring world peace.”

“What happened to him?” Jackson asked.

“Why he failed of course,” Gavreel said with a hint of sadness. “But he was also taught a great lesson: From the ashes of failure, you can build marvelous kingdoms of gold.”

“So is our quest a foolish one?” Jackson asked.

Gavreel laughed. “There is no such thing as a foolish quest. Even if you fail, there is much to learn from it. I suppose you won't learn this for a while, though. I'll give you one last piece of wisdom. Don't think like a mortal, or you will never learn a thing.”

With a smile, he flew away.

“Well, I am thankful for his help,” Michayla said.

Jackson nodded. “Yes indeed. Let us go observe. Where shall we head to first?”

“Perhaps we should start where we left off,” Michayla suggested.

“The Windy City?” Jackson asked.

“Yes, dear, the Windy City. Let us start there.”

Jackson and Michayla flew off, taking to the skies and traveling faster than any manmade jet or airplane.

They flew together, flying around each other.

“Tag! You're it!” Michayla said, flying into Jackson.

“Oh, it's on!” Jackson said, flying after her.

“Don't bother! You can't catch me!” Michayla yelled, gaining speed on him.

Jackson stared dumbfounded, wondering how she was able to fly faster than him.

They quickly approached the city and slowed down.

“Is there a way we can land in the middle of it without being noticed?” Michayla asked.

“Only one way to find out,” Jackson said, flying quickly down to the ground in an alley away from vision.

Michayla followed him.

“Well that was not so bad,” Jackson said. “Lets quickly find a news stand and see how much time has passed from our death until now.”

Michayla and Jackson walked out onto the street, blending in easily. They walked arm in arm just like before. As they looked around, nothing seemed to have changed much in the city.

They came upon a news stand and looked at the paper.

“So it's June 25th, 2002.” Jackson said. “It's only been a year.”

“Look at this,” Michayla said, pointing to a bulletin.

“Wow! Is that the mayor?!” Jackson said astonished. “I can tell this is going to be harder than I thought.”

Michayla nodded. “Says hes giving a speech soon... Do you think we should pay him a visit?”

Jackson laughed. “This is just great. I don't know why I find this funny."

Michayla smiled. “Well hun, let's go ask him a few questions. Perhaps we can bring up the past.”

They quickly hurried off down the street, their destination not far off. They were laughing the whole way there.