Status: A work in progress

True Bliss

Chapter 5: Passing of the sword

The flicker of keys being rattled outside the door could be heard. It took whoever it was a while to finally get the right key and insert it in the lock.

As the door opened the mayor walked in a black bag that was opened in his hand. He set it down to close the door behind him and he then turned toward his desk, immediately he jumped seeing Jackson there.

“Good evening mayor Richard so nice to see you again.” Jackson said to him.

The mayor quickly turned around but Michayla shoved him forward.

“Don't be so eager to leave, have a seat.” Jackson told him.

Mayor Richard sat in his chair, his eyes turning toward the black bag.

Michayla grabbed it and threw it at Jackson.

“Well what do we have here.” He said. “This looks like more money than what you receive in you're paycheck.”

“What do you want?” The mayor asked.

“We want you to resign.” Jackson said. He pulled out a stack of money and noticed there all hundred dollar bills.

“I don't think I want to do that.” The mayor replied his voice a little shaky.

“I don't think you have a choice.” Jackson said to him. “Be happy were being nice about this.”

“Why should I listen to you?” The mayor said trying to control the shaking of his voice.

“We'll you brought this upon yourself. I mean why did you want to steal a cheap necklace when you could have just bought one with the money? You are unfit to be in a position of power and we are here to relieve you of your duties.”

“Where will I go?” The mayor asked.

“Get a job, earn an honest living like all the other good people.” Michayla said. “Then maybe you'll grow to respect the people you cheated.”

Jackson pulled out a bundle of hundred dollar bills and threw it at the mayor. “Be thankful I'm giving you that. Now we want you to resign tomorrow first thing. Get whatever you need out of the office and leave. You have any questions?”

“Are you g-ghosts?” The mayor stuttered.

Jackson and Michayla both laughed. “No.” Michayla told him. “We are just two people who were robbed out of our life and were just trying to make a difference in the world.”

“I'm sorry.” The mayor said softly.

“Don't apologize to us.” Jackson said standing up grabbing the bag full of money. “You have your whole life to try and apologize. Do you have family?”

“Yes.” The mayor said.

“Go be with them. You'll be better off.”

Jackson went over to Michayla. “You ready to go?”

Michayla nodded. “You better hope we will not have to confront you again, about anything.”

The mayor turned to look at them. “Why don't you kill me and get you're revenge?”

“Revenge is never the answer.” Jackson said. “Go home and be with your family.”

Jackson and Michayla wrapped there wings around each other.

To the mayor it just looked like they vanished.

“What should we do with the money?” Sara said as they reappeared on top of the Sears tower.

“Give it away of course.” Jackson told her.

“I know that but should we go somewhere else and give it away?”

Jackson thought for a moment. “I don't trust the mayor at all. He is not sorry for what he did and I have a feeling were going to have to teach him a lesson.”

Michayla put an arm on Jackson's shoulder. “It will be alright, we'll find an answer soon enough.”

Jackson turned to her. “We are learning, do you feel it?”

Michayla nodded. “Yes I do, I'm also starting to feel a hint of human emotions.”

“We cant let these emotions get the best of us, we are above them now.” Jackson said. “If we falter and give in to them, we will fail.”

They stood near the edge peering down on the city below. “Soon, I feel that we wont have to walk the streets anymore to help people. We can immediately go to them whenever they need help.” Jackson said.

“I think you are right.” Michayla said. “I believe we should speak out, and get people who believe in our mission of world peace to back us up. Then we can have support and perhaps this will be easier.”

Jackson looked at her. “I believe that would be a very great idea. Perhaps when were done here, we can work on that.”

Michayla nodded. “So do you really believe the mayor wont resign?”

“I have my doubts.” Jackson said. “He's stupid.”

Michayla laughed. “Somehow I doubt he is that stupid that he would not listen to us.”

Jackson and Michayla laid down on top of the building and stared up into the sky. A long while passed before any of them spoke. Time passed differently for them, what seemed like a few hours to them was nearly a full day.

“Do you think that perhaps we should have went out and explored the wonders of the universe before returning here?” Michayla asked.

“Hmm.” Jackson wondered. “Perhaps we can put that on our to do list.”

Michayla smiled and rested her head on Jackson's chest. “I think it would be fun to explore the universe someday.”

“We got the rest of eternity.” Jackson said. “I'm sure when we are successful here we can go do that.”

The sun was starting to rise, activity increased on the streets below. They watched as the sun made a full appearance over the horizon.

“Do you think it's time?” Jackson said looking down at Michayla.

“I believe it is.” Michayla said.

They stood up and kissed each other longingly before they wrapped there wings around each other.

The mayor was outside speaking to a small group of people a great many of those people were police officers.

Jackson and Michayla walked toward the group listening to what he was saying.

“These two are a huge danger and threat, they must be found at all costs. They are dangerous and ruthless.”

Jackson pointed out the wanted sign and there two faces on a wanted poster hanging up behind him.

“You give him to much faith.” Jackson told her. “He is without a doubt, the dumbest person I have ever met, and probably will be for as long as eternity.”

“You don't think we will meet anyone dumber?” Michayla asked.

“I sure as hell hope not. If we do he better not be in a position of power.”

“I know those two!” A police officer spoke up. “They were murdered last year.”

“Dismiss what you may think.” The mayor said irritated that someone would remember them. “They are very much alive and they are dangerous.”

“What evidence do you have that it is them, who I saw one of them die before my very eyes in the streets, that committed such a crime?”

The mayor looked at him, trying to hide his anger and stay calm. “I would not admit so loudly that you know these two.” He finally said to him. “If they know you know they died they might remove you out of the picture.”

“Well would they not do the same to you?” He asked.

“I have protection, you don't have as much. Keep your eyes open for these two, they are dangerous.”
With this last words the mayor stepped away from the podium, and examined the crowd searching for his two visitors.

Jackson and Michayla stood together watching the mayor, his eyes examining the crowd but never resting on them. As they stood there they felt a vibration, they looked at each other then concluded it originated from the mayor.

“That bastard!” Michayla said, a hint of anger on her voice. If she were human, she probably would have gasped.

Jackson pulled her back. “Don't, calm down. We will save him and the mayor will get what he deserves.”

Michayla nodded.

The mayor went to one of the guard standing next to him and whispered in his ear, he nodded his head and smiled.

The mayor went inside and the crowd dispersed. The guards did not follow him inside but joined the crowd of police officers, the news reporter went the opposite direction.

Jackson went up the stairs ready to follow the mayor.

“Wait.” Michayla said.

Jackson turned to her. “Yes?”

“The police officer.”

“You think they will try and kill him now?” Jackson said.

Michayla nodded, the group started blending in with the rest of the people on the streets.

Suddenly gunfire echoed in the air.

“No way!” Jackson said as they ran as fast as they could, running faster than any human could ever hope to do so.

They ran to where they thought the group was, but there were no police officers in uniform.

They retraced there steps, and noticed they ran past an alley. As they ran down it they noticed the police officer that stood up for them. He had a bullet in the head.

Michayla turned away and buried her face into Jackson's chest sobbing.

“It will be alright.” Jackson said trying to calm her down. A tear running down his face.

Jackson wrapped his wings around her, embracing her, waiting patiently for when she was ready to continue.

They stood there for a brief moment holding each other in there arms.

Michayla looked up at him she stared into his eyes for a long moment before she smiled at him and wrapped her wings around him.

The mayor was standing behind his desk. Peering out the window.

“You made a huge mistake.” Jackson said.

Michayla stepped back and noticed the two guards in the corner.

“Have I?” The mayor replied. “I think it's you two who made the mistake. You should have stayed dead.”

“We are dead.” Jackson replied. “No thanks to you.”

“Why have you not killed me yet?” The mayor turned to him and asked.

“We are not like that.” Jackson told him. “Vengeance is not the answer.”

The mayor laughed. “Then why are you here? If it's not revenge that brought you back to me.”

“We would be here even if someone else killed us, and you had nothing to do with it.” Jackson told him. “We will remove the infected from power.”

“You don't understand.” The mayor said lowering his voice. “Power infects people, you cannot remove the infected, it will just come back, even if the person in the power is pure at heart and wants what is best. He will become infected, he may last out more than others but believe me he cant fight it forever.”

“We will make sure that will not happen.” Jackson said.

The mayor laughed. “What two people are going to govern the entire world? You are in way over your head. Stop now while you still can.” The mayor pulled out a gun.

Jackson couldn't help but flinch when he saw the weapon.

“Ah so you remember this weapon well I see.” The mayor said in a mocking tone.

“That will be an unwise decision.” Jackson told him. “Just step down, and we will leave you alone.”

The mayor fired the gun.

Jackson caught the bullet mid flight and looked at the mayor. “That was the dumbest thing you could have done.” He looked at Michayla and nodded.

He walked over to the mayor grabbed him by the collar making him drop the gun.

The guards in the corners reacted by pulling out there guns and started shooting at them.

Jackson and Michayla ignored the bullets as they bounced off them, and walked toward each other, the mayor being dragged by Jackson.

Jackson stood the mayor up and wrapped an arm around his neck, then he embraced Michayla.

To the guards it looked like the three of them suddenly vanished.

Jackson threw the mayor in the back of the cave. He fell onto the floor and backed up against the wall.

“Do you have a cell phone on you?” Jackson asked.

“What?” The mayor asked looking around confused.

“Give me any device you may have that can contact the outside world, now.” Jackson demanded.

The mayor looked at him, he felt really warm and wondered where he was. He reached and pulled out his cell phone and handed it to Jackson. “That is the only thing on me I swear.”

Jackson nodded in approval. “Thank you.” He threw it on the ground and smashed it. “Well Mayor Richard, it was truly nice knowing you. Thank you for your cooperation.”

Michayla stepped forward. “Yes mayor, it is truly a pleasure. Don't think were holding anything against you. Thank you so much and farewell.”

Michayla took Jackson's hand and they went to the front of the cave. Then they fell forward and disappeared out of sight.

The mayor quickly scrambled up and then he saw them, they flew upwards, wings clearly visible on there back.

He went to the front of the cave and laughed at what he saw. He was thousands of feet up in the air, he looked up and found that the climb up was impossible without equipment.

Sighing and admitting defeat the mayor sat down on the ledge. He stared down into the Grand Canyon and wondered.