Status: A work in progress

True Bliss

Chapter 7: Signs of darker days

“What shall we do now?” Jackson asked.

“What we set out to do.” Michayla replied.

“I believe what Lucifer said, he will try and strike us again.”

Michayla turned to him. “Then my dear, we shall strike him down again.”

Jackson smiled at her and hugged her. “So where shall we go today?” He touched her face with his hand rubbing the scar on her face that was slowly disappearing.

“Well we really didn't think this far out. I never imagined we would have to constantly watch our backs.” Michayla told him. “

If we try and rally people Lucifer could strike out and kill them easily.” Jackson said.

“I have a feeling he will be watching us a long while before he tries to attack us.” Michayla said. “A rally is probably the best way. We need to find people who want world peace and are able to support us.”

Michayla noticed Jackson's face start turning a hint of red. “Do you feel alright?” Michayla asked.

“Yea, well I was thinking we could easily fund our self and start our own special project then start reaching out to others.”

“Where would we get the money?” Michayla asked.

“Why it's simple we are angels we can easily rob a bank and take whatever funds we need and use it as we see fit.”

Michayla stared at him dumbfounded. She then turned to face the lake as it was nearing midday.

“What do you think?” Jackson continued. “We could start up something perhaps even pay some people to help run it for us!”

“Hmm.” Michayla mused. She then turned to face Jackson and slapped him across the face. “Are you listening to yourself?” Michayla nearly shouted. “We are not criminals! You said yourself that we are angels and we better keep acting like a pair of angels, we don't rob a bank. What do we really need money for? We have the power of words and wisdom.”

“Well I uh-” Jackson tried saying.

“No!” Michayla interrupted “Money is the cause of all this corruption in the first place! If anything we should burn it!”

Jackson's hint of red on his face faded. “No, you are right Michayla, I don't know what got into me. Burning it is not a great solution either. We have no justification to it, we would just cause more turmoil.”

“I know it's not but don't you ever suggest something like that to me ever again.” Michayla told him.

“I am sorry.” Jackson said to her giving her a reassuring hug. “Why don't we try and help others, perhaps we will come up with a plan along the way.”

Michayla nodded. “Great idea, have any idea where we should go?”

“New Orleans.” Jackson said. “I hear the murder rate is really high, perhaps we can help lower it just a tad.”

Michayla smiled at Jackson. “Yes, lets go. Also I'll bet you that I'll save more than you.”

Jackson laughed. “Bring it on.”

Jackson and Michayla wrapped there wings around each other and appeared in a back alley. They stepped out onto the busy street and looked around studying there environment.

“Where would you like to meet back at?” Jackson asked.

“How about the city park?” Michayla told him.

“I believe that would be perfect.” Jackson replied. “Any particular spot?

“You'll know it when you see it.” Michayla told him with a smile.

“Well then I'll see you at sunset.” Jackson said. “Excuse me I have people to save while you kinda float around and do nothing.”

Michayla laughed. “I believe it's the other way around.”

Jackson and Michayla backed into the alley out of site and wrapped there wings around themselves disappearing into the city.

Jackson appeared in another back alley, he was for some reason drawn to it. He felt a strange presence.
He walked around and realized that there was no one here at all.

He turned to leave when a shadow passed over him. Jackson quickly looked up but saw nothing. He reexamined his surroundings, the place was practically a dump, garbage was everywhere along with tipped over trash cans. The area was also secluded so if anyone was killed back here it would be days, perhaps weeks before anyone found out about it.

Suddenly everything started shaking. Jackson found himself stumbling into the streets. He looked at the humans passing by and they seemed oblivious to any kind of shaking at all. Jackson tried to regain his balance but fell over.

He spread his wings out and tried to get back into the alley so he can life off. Suddenly he noticed a shadowy figure perched above on top of a building. No one seemed to notice it but Jackson. His thoughts then turned to Michayla, they were split up, he prayed that she was alright.

The shadowy figure glared at Jackson with burning red eyes and his dark purple wings seemed to move gracelessly around him.

Jackson struggled but made it into the alley. He then turned to see the shadowy figure upon him. His thoughts turned to Michayla, hopefully she was not experiencing what he was going through.
~~~

Michayla found herself in a practically in an abandoned part of town. She moved down the street, she smelled something akin to blood in the air. She also somehow felt drawn to this area and followed the scent.

As she neared a dark corner of town she saw them, a group of people hunched over, it looked as they were eating. She cautiously approached and would have gasped in normal circumstances as she saw they were eating another human.

They turned toward her there red eyes glowing they seemed to be angry. There mouths seemed to hang open at an impossible angle and there teeth were razor sharp.

Michayla opened her hand and a glowing white sword appeared and she got ready to defend herself.

Suddenly the hunched over people ran off and seemed to disappear in the shadows.

Michayla quickly turned around and deflected a strike from a tall shadowy figure, his eyes also glowed a deep crimson and he had purplish wings about him.

“I just defeated your master, how do you ever expect to beat me?” Michayla asked.

The shadowy angel looked down at her and in a harsh deep voice it uttered one word “ALLLOONNEEE”

Michayla turned to see another shadowy angel land behind her. She then looked up to the sky and the bright sun. “Well then come and get me.” Michayla flew up in the air as fast as she could rising above the clouds. She looked down to see that the other two were quickly upon her and gaining fast.

She stopped and swung her sword down at one of them but he evaded it and grabbed her leg and pulled her down. She quickly ducked out of the way and noticed the other angel let go of her to back away from the others large swing.

Michayla reacted quickly turning to swing at the shadowy angel behind her, she hit cutting open his chest.

He gasped as dark purple blood started pouring out of his wound.

Michayla turned to face the other one but she was to slow to react and was grabbed from behind. She dropped her sword which dissipated in the wind. She struggled to get free but it was all in vain.

The other shadowy angel suddenly nodded his head and started descending to the ground.

Michayla continued to struggle to get free, she kicked him and struggled and even resorted to biting him but none of it seemed to help.

She suddenly watched as he grabbed his sword that was oddly sheathed at his waist instead of materializing it in his hand.

Realizing the sword is whats going to kill her she struggled with all her might to get him to release the sword. She realized that it must be working as his grip became loosened. She managed to knock the sword from his hand and watch it fall down below.

Suddenly they both started falling, Michayla realized that she was being dragged and fought to get released. Suddenly she flew out of his grip and she watched as the shadowy angel continued to fall below.

Michayla then started after him catching up and then pushing him down with all her might, she looked up and saw the sword as they passed it on there descent.

Michayla slammed him hard into the ground and stood up materializing her sword in her hand. She then looked up to see that his sword was falling fast and it landed directly on his neck cutting his head off.

Michayla watched as his body dissipated into a purplish cloud and vanished. Her thoughts immediately turned to Jackson, the sun was setting for the day and she hoped that he was alright and was at the park.

~~~~

Jackson's head was spinning, something about this didn't seem right. Everything seemed to be shaking still and all he could do was deflect the attacks of this shadowy angel. He could tell he was just toying with him waiting for him to cave in and then kill him slowly.

Jackson made a few hits of his own though and one of them continued to bleed out dark purple blood and he could tell it weakened him considerably but it didn't seem enough to sway his confidence.

Jackson spread his wings out and the shaking subsided a little but it wasn't enough to regain control of this battle. He tried to take flight but flew hard into the side of a building and he fell back down again.

The shadowy angel loomed over him, Jackson could tell he was probably smiling as he lifted his sword.

Jackson regained enough senses to roll away from the attack and stand up and swing his sword at the shadowy angel.

The angel raised his arm but was to slow and Jackson sliced his arm clean off.

Jackson watched as the shadowy angel backed away as his arm fell to the ground and dissipated into a cloud of dark purple smoke, his sword still laying where his hand should be.

Suddenly the shaking Jackson was feeling subsided as the angel quickly picked up his sword with his other hand, and vanished.

Jackson looked toward the sky and his mind immediately thought of Michayla and he hoped that she was at the park, Jackson wrapped his wings around himself and when he unfolded them looked around to see people walking around enjoying themselves.

He started walking toward a small bridge that was over a small lake. He got there and looked out toward the water, he couldn't help but notice how dirty it was and was nothing compared to the lake where they first landed.

“I knew you would be able to find this spot.” A voice said.

Jackson turned to see Michayla and he immediately embraced her and kissed her.

They exchanged there stories of what happened in there encounters with the shadowy angels.

“So I wonder why they came about this time.” Jackson said. “Why would Lucifer send people against us when we defeated him ourselves.”

“Perhaps there's something more to this than meets the eye.” Michayla suggested. “I just feel terrible I didn't save a single person or help anyone out today at all.”

Jackson nodded. “Yes, perhaps there is something more after all. I'm sure we will figure it out in time.”

“So while were here.” Michayla said. “We might as well do one thing right.”

Jackson looked and smiled at her. “I guess I was thinking the same thing.”

They both walked down in front of the lake and in unison they put there hand in the water.

The lake started glowing where they put there hands in and when they removed there hands they went and sat under a tree and watched as the stars started making an appearance.

If any human came by the water and caught a glimpse as the sun was setting they would have marveled at how the water seemed so clear and how it seemed to sparkle and if they would have studied it closer they would have noticed the many fish that were happily playing about in the water full of renewed energy.