Status: A work in progress

True Bliss

Chapter 8 Heading East

The crowd was huge and the announcement affecting most. The president was outside giving a speech about his plans for the war.

Jackson and Michayla stood near the front of the crowd listening closely as they took in the terrible news and how the war will probably last for many years. Unless they can stop it.

“How shall we do it?” Jackson asked.

“We should ask him to take out the troops first.” Michayla told him. “Then perhaps we can work from there.”

“Sounds like fun, the risk of being discovered is great though.”

“Well whats life without a little risk” Michayla said.

“Remember were not human, our risks can have a consequences that can last for an eternity.”

“Good point.” Michayla mused. “Still, whats life without a little risk?”

“A dull and perhaps really boring life.” Jackson told her smiling.

“Well we don't want to spend an eternity in a dull and boring life now do we?” Michayla asked him.

“No I suppose not.” Jackson said. “Whats life without a little risk.”

They both laughed and continued to listen to the speech with mild interest.

The president finished his speech and walked off stage to be prepared to be sent back to Washington.

Michayla and Jackson stepped outside, it was late evening. Ten days since there encounter with the strange dark angel like creatures.

“How do you fight terror?” Jackson asked. “You cant fight an emotion by sending an army out to some place.”

“Well these people create terror, that's what there trying to stop.”

“At what cost? How do they plan to take out every single terrorist organization.” Jackson mused.

“It doesn't matter how they plan to do it.” Michayla said. “We have to find a way to do it as well if we are ever going to establish world peace.”

“Perhaps.” Jackson told her. “Perhaps not, we'll have to see where things fall into place.”

“The problem must be dealt with one way or another.” Michayla said to him.

“I guess you are right, so what do we do now?” Jackson asked.

“Why I figured we pay the president a visit do we not?”

Jackson smiled at her “of course, I was just testing you.”

“uh huh.” Michayla said with sarcasm. “You just don't want to make any of the hard choices.”

“Oh really?” Jackson said running into her playfully. “Well I made that decision!”

“And that's a decision you are going to regret for a long time.” Michayla told him.

“And how am I going to regret that?” Jackson asked.

“You'll see.” Michayla said. “I'll make you a deal, lets race to Washington, and if you win I wont hold what you did against me.”

Jackson turned and looked at her with a smile. “You believe you can beat me?” he said in fake amusement.

Michayla laughed. “Of course I can beat you, that's my job.”

Jackson laughed “Well bring it on.”

Michayla immediately took off.

Jackson quickly took off as well following close behind.

They both flew high in the sky laughing as they speed past the helicopter that was carrying the president, flying in circles around it being careful not to be detected.

Jackson quickly flew and grabbed Michayla and slowed her down and then he sped off in front of her.

“Oh you did not just do that.” Michayla yelled catching up. “I was going to play fair but now I see that I'm going to have to beat you up bad.”

“Just try me.” Jackson yelled back at her.

“I don't try anything.” Michayla yelled. “I just do it!” She reached and grabbed Jackson's leg and pulled him back.

Jackson grabbed Michayla and they embraced each other for a while.

“So having fun loosing?” Jackson said to her smiling.

“I think you got this whole thing backwards.” Michayla told him. “You are the stubborn male that wont ask for directions and you always know where your going. So that's why you think you are going to win this race.”

“Really?” Jackson said. “Please all knowing one, tell me something else about me.”

“Well considering I'm the only one holding on to you.” Michayla said and quickly pushed him away and sped forward.

Jackson struggled to regain control and flew off after her.

Michayla laughed as she landed first on one of the rooftops of a building. The White House could be seen easily in the distance.

Jackson quickly landed behind her.

“So I think that I won that.” Michayla said.

“Really?” Jackson told her. “Are you sure about that? Want to double and triple check that for me?”

“No I think it's safe to say I am a winner.” Michayla told him.

“Well you just keep thinking that and I'll occasionally go along with it.”

They sat down together on the rooftop watching the sun slowly fade over the horizon, the streets below were busy with activity.

The presidents helicopter flew overhead and landed, they watched as he got off and went inside the White House.

“So how should we handle this?” Michayla asked. “Just go in there and hope he doesn't call in secret service?”

“That's how I would do it.” Jackson told her. “You think now is a good time?”

“Whats life without a little risk?” Michayla said to him with a smile.

Jackson got up and then helped Michayla up. “Ready?”

“As ready as I'll ever be.”

Jackson and Michayla wrapped there wings around each other.

The president was sitting behind his desk alone, papers lay about and he seemed eager to try and get as much of it done as he possibly could. He didn't even notice the two people who seemingly appeared in the room out of nowhere.

“Excuse me Mr. President.” Michayla said.

The president looked up completely startled and shocked. “Who are you? How did you get in here?”

“We just want to talk.” Michayla said.

The president quickly reached under his desk but Jackson was behind him and grabbed him and pulled him back putting his hand over his mouth so he couldn't scream.

“Now listen here, we are going to talk about a few things, you can either talk to us peacefully or violently it is your choice. Now I am going to let go now and were going to be peaceful and civil as long as you are.” Jackson let him go and stood next to Michayla.

“What do you want?” The president asked.

“To talk about the removal of the troops from the east.” Michayla told him.

“Absolutely not!” The president said.

“Listen to us, you cant be sending these people out there, you are fighting something that will destroy you.” Jackson told him.

“Have you lived under a rock for so many years? They declared war on us! They flew a plane into two towers and into the pentagon. They declared was on us you want me to sit idle and not do anything as they continue to bombard us?”

“There is other alternatives than war.” Michayla said.

“There isn't this time.” The president replied. “I will not argue about this, if they want a war they will have a war!”

“Who is the one that wants the war?” Jackson asked.

“Get the hell out of my office!” The president replied, pushing a button under his desk.

Jackson and Michayla quickly wrapped there wings around each other.

The president starred as the two people before them just vanished in the wind, as the security guards opened the door.

Jackson and Michayla appeared on top of the same rooftop they were before.

“That didn't work out as planned.” Michayla said.

“Did we ever really plan it?” Jackson asked.

Michayla thought for a moment. “Do you think that's what we need to start doing more?”

“Perhaps, people especially ones in power are completely ignorant.”

“I feel like we failed miserably.” Michayla sighed.

Jackson quickly lifted her head up and whispered to her. “Michayla dear, you are above such feelings don't ever think that.”

Michayla smiled at him and kissed him. “Thank you.”

“Yea, so what do we do next?” Jackson asked.

“Well if we cant make him remove those people then we have to give him a reason to withdraw them.”

“So were leaving the busy cities and heading east?” Jackson asked.

“Why you are such a smart one.” Michayla said with a smile. “How did you guess?”

Jackson laughed. “It was a lucky guess, although I think I just know you to well.”

“Don't press your luck.” Michayla said. “I believe a thousand years from now I'll still be mysterious to you.”

“Luckily I'll have a thousand more after that to try and solve you.” Jackson said.

“And you'll need a thousand more after that.” Michayla said.

“Now don't press your lucky my dear.” Jackson said. “Remember I'm the best detective you'll ever meet!”

Michayla laughed. “Whatever you say.”

Jackson grabbed Michayla's hand, “You ready for this?”

“As ready as I ever will be.”

“Hopefully we can adapt quickly to hostile environments.”

“I'm sure we'll do fine.”

Jackson and Michayla embraced each other and wrapped there wings around each other slowly savoring all they know now, listening closely to the busy streets below, the bugs buzzing by, the chatter of people talking, and lastly there gaze set deep into each others eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry thisone isn't as entertaining but I promise it will get better!!!