Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

I Fly With the Stars in the Skies

***Bailyn***

Today we are moving to La Push. My younger sister, Emma and I are moving from our parent's house in Neah Bay, The Makah Reservation, to live with our cousin, Sam, who lives in the La Push Reservation. We're moving for many reasons but the main one is that I got a job at the hospital in Forks and Makah is way too far from Forks. Forks and La Push and Neah Bay are in the North West part of Washington. Neah Bay is at the top and La Push is at the bottom of Clallam County. It is a little more than an hour drive and I can't take that to go to work and back every day. I'd rather drive the forty minutes from La Push instead.

Emma is coming with me because our parents died back in Neah Bay in a car accident two years ago and I was granted full custody of her. She is just going into her senior year in high school. I just finished college. I sold our house in Neah Bay and we are on our way to La Push.

"Can you believe that I'm going to be a senior when the summer is over?" Emma asked.

"I can believe that," I replied as I drove down the interstate, which is the fastest way to get to our new home. I've been looking for a house but I haven't been able to find one in La Push that is worth buying, because there would be a lot of work to put into it.

"Why do we have to move though? I have so many friends in Neah Bay," Emma said.

"You know why. Mom and Dad have been dead for two years now and I just finished college to be a nurse. Forks had been the only place hiring and it is closer to drive from La Push than from Neah," I said.

"Whatever," Emma said. I rolled my eyes and ignored the teenage girl beside me. She was going to be difficult until we got to Sam's house anyway. Then she'll have friends for her last year in high school, because three of Sam's friends are going to be seniors as well.

"Bay, how much longer?" Emma asked.

"Well, there is the turn to Forks so I'd say about thirty to forty minutes," I replied. Emma sighed in relief.

"Good, because I really have to use the bathroom," she said. I smiled. I did tell her to use it before we left but she didn't listen and just stomped out to my 2006 Ford F-150 pick-up and climbed into the front seat.

"I told you I wasn't stopping," I replied holding in a laugh.

"Yeah," Emma replied.

"Think of something else for now," I said. Emma started singing along to the radio and I soon joined her. We sang until we arrived at Sam's house. I got out of the truck and walked up to the door. Sam said we could just walk right in, since it's now our home, and I did just that.

"Hello, Emily," I said smiling as I entered the house. I found her in the kitchen cooking. It is almost supper time anyway.

"Oh, hello, Bay and Emma," Emily said smiling at us.

"I can't believe it's been so long," I replied hugging her. She and I were friends in high school.

"Oh, I know," she replied. "Emma, boy, have you grown, I haven't seen the two of you for two years."

"Oh, you're going to make yourself cry," I said knowing she would if she kept think about the last time saw each other, at my parent's funeral. She was almost like my parent's third daughter. She was always at our house.

"I'm sorry, it's just the last time we saw each other was at your parent's funeral," Emily sobbed out. I wrapped my arms around her as she cried.

"Emily, who's truck-" some guy said as he walked into the house but stopped seeing Emily in my arms.

"I'm Bailyn (pronounced Bay-Lynn)," I answered as Emily calmed down. "Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Jacob," the man said.

"Nice to meet you, Jacob, would you call me Bay, it's easier to say," I said now noticing Emma wasn't here. She must have gone to the bathroom.

"Why are you here, making Emily cry?" Jacob asked.

"I'm Sam’s cousin. Sam said me and my younger sister could live with him until we find our own place to live," I answered.

"So you're the cousins, Sam was talking about," he said. I smiled.

"Where is Sam anyway?" I asked.

"He is on his way home. I just stopped by to see what Emily was making for supper," he said.

"Alright, Emily, what room am I in?" I asked. It's not like I haven't been in Sam's house before. I just didn't know what room to bring my stuff to. I start work tomorrow and I would like some clothes in the house.

"Whatever room that isn't mine and Sam's. Same for Emma," Emily said. I smiled walking out to my truck and grabbed two suit cases and a backpack. I have to go back for my other suit case. I walked into the house and up the stairs picking a cozy looking room and setting my suit cases and bag on the bed to go back to get my last suit case and purse. I walked downstairs to find my favorite cousin in the kitchen with Emily. I smile and walked to him.

"Is that, Bailyn Michelle Uley, I see?" Sam asked. He normally did this when we wouldn't see each other for a while.

"Yes, Samuel Joseph Uley, it is I," I replied smirking at him. He hates his full name.

"Why do you insist on using my full name?" Sam asked.

"Because you like using mine," I replied still smirking.

"Because you don't hate yours," Sam replied. I stuck my tongue out.

"Neither of you act like your 21 years old," Emma mumbled from her spot next to Emily.

"Yeah, and you act like a 17 year old." I said using sarcasm. Just then there was a lot of noise and Sam left the room to stop the people at the door.

"Uh, Emma you can bring your stuff to any unoccupied bedroom" I said not listening for her reply but listening to Sam's conversation.

"You all have to go back home and eat with your families. Emily and I have guests tonight and you can't meet them just yet," Sam said.

"Fine," I heard many people say as they left the house.

"Well, Jacob is staying for dinner but that is it," Emily said as she set out plates on the table. We all sat down and began eating and enjoying each other's company.