Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

Maybe I'm Your Mr. Right, Baby

I groaned, running my fingers through my hair. I made a quick decision to go find out what was his problem. "Embry?" I called out cautiously.
"Hmm" He hummed pathetically.
"What's wrong?" I asked, seating myself next to him. Our legs were hanging down over the edge of the back porch.
"Nothing, I just" He stopped mid sentence.
"What?"
"I have to tell you something, but I don't know how" He whispered looking at his hands.
"It's okay if you have an std" I said with an impish grin playing my face. Embry laughed, looking at me. He reached his hand out and stroked my cheek.
"You're beautiful Emma" I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I smiled softly and leaned into him. "And, I'm in love with you." I went frigid. Love? "It's okay, you don't have to say is back. I know that it's only been a day, but I mean it. I really, really do love you" He said moving my bangs and looked down at me. "I love you so much" He kissed my forehead.
"Was that what you needed to tell me?" I whispered, he shook his head 'no' and sighed. "Well then, what is it?"
"Uh, okay. Emma, I'm a wolf" He said, I sat up straight. "Please don't-"
"I'm going to go, Leah is, uh, waiting for me" I stood up, hurrying to the stairs.
"Run." He whispered. I booked it upstairs, and ran into Leah on the way.

"Hey, where have you bee- What's wrong?" She asked, obviously reading my face.
"Uh, nothing. Can we hang out tomorrow or something?" I asked, slipping by her. "See you later" I said shutting my door. The tears poured out as I slid down my door, to the floor. Why was I crying? I'm not sure. I felt almost like Embry thought I was stupid and naive enough to believe him. It hurt. I've always been treated like I was the little, innocent, naive, baby. I needed Blake. I stripped half naked and changed into Blake's old gray sweatpants, and a Beatles shirt he bought me for my birthday last year. I grabbed my phone and notebook, curling up into my bed. I dialed Blake's number, praying he answered.

"Emma" He whispered.
"Blake" I returned. "I need you right now." I said, holding back a sob. "I miss you so much" I cried.
"Emma, it's okay, it's going to be okay" He cooed.
"No. Blake, I feel like my world is ending" I sobbed dramatically.
"Emma, I'm sorry. You can tell me what's going on. But, there is something you don't see Emma. Your world is just beginning."

"That's the worst part, I can't tell you." I sobbed.
"Baby" He cooed softly. "You can tell me, I swear" I shut my eyes, it's not my secret to tell.
"I'll tell you everything I can. Basically, I have a boyfriend named Embry, and we've officially been dating a day. Today he tells me that he's in love with me."
"Holy shit babe" I 'mhmmed' and went on.
"I mean, I took it pretty well, for me, but I didn't say it back. Obviously. And, then," I paused, sighing. "Basically he told me something, like, as if someone told you that they were a-a-a vampire" I stuttered out.
"So, he told you he was some kind of mythical creature?" I quickly collected a lie.
"No, he told me something that I would obviously think was a lie. So my thoughts are, are that he either thinks I'm crazy enough to believe him, or that I'm stupid" I heard Blake sigh.
"You're reading too far into it. What if he was kidding around?"
"He looked so serious." I muttered.
"But, you're not examining the what if. What if it wasn't a lie, or he was joking, or if it was a dare, or-"
"I get it." I muttered. "I just- ugh" I said groaned, frustrated.

"I miss you." I muttered.
"I miss you too darling" My tears poured down my cheeks. "I miss you so much, I miss your shy laughter, and your gorgeous voice" He doesn't like me that way, if that's what you're thinking. He's always been this sweet, and caring. "I miss our late night gigs at parties" He whispered laughing. I smiled.
"I remember the night before Bay and I left" I laughed quietly. "You were so wasted!"
"Yeah, and I woke up like, half naked in your bed. Bailyn was so impressed" I smiled widely. "Then when you left I went pack to the house, and practically everybody was naked and passed out" He continued. "I felt a bit better. Oh dude, remember that time we got kicked out of target for having a star wars fight in the middle of the store." I laughed loudly, forgetting the time and place. It's not like it was late a night or anything, probably about three-o-clock, meaning most everybody was downstairs hearing me laugh like a freak.

Blake and I were the best of friends. Absolutely nothing could pull us apart. Nothing. We were quite close before my parents' death. But after than, were were inseparable.
The ringing of the flat line of my mother's heartbeat continued through my head. I wanted to die as well. Bay broke down, I held my chin up. I hugged her. "How are you not crying?" She hissed at me. "You are a heartless bitch, and I hate you" I shot up from the hard hospital chair. My lip quivered as I ran from the hospital. I shakily pulled out my phone as I walked down the highway.

"B-b-Blake?" I sobbed.
"Emma?! What happened? Emma?" I couldn't speak.
"They're gone" I stuttered out. "Please help me"
"Okay, Emma, where are you?"
"I'm on the highway, b-by the hospital"
"I'll be right there." He hung up. Ten minutes later Blake's car pulled right up. "Get in Emma." I climbed into the front seat and curled up into a ball. We got to his house and he helped me out of his car, carrying me into his home, I nuzzled into his neck, crying. He laid me onto my bed, and he laid down next to me. I turned into him, and he wrapped his arms around me. I sobbed into his chest, and he sang to me softly, until I fell asleep.


Ever since that night we were the closest of close. Even now, with me being gone, we're still close.
"So I'm trying to get my mom to agree to letting me come up for a week or two this summer."
"I'm sure you could stay with us, if you need to" I offered smiling, even though he couldn't see me.
"I hope so darling" There was a knock on my door. "You should answer"
"I don't want to" I whispered, Blake chuckled softly. "Who is it?" I called out.

"Embry." I rolled my eyes
"Talk to him Emma. Remember, what if?" I sighed.
"Emma, please." He begged.
"Emma, please" Blake said, slightly mockingly.

"One second." I said, gritting my teeth. "You're a jerk, but I love you. Text me Blake" I said.
"Love you to babe, good luck" We hung up, and I opened the door.
"Can I help you?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow. He burst in, wrapping his heated, tan arms around me.

"I need you to trust me. Believe me, why would I lie to you?"
"Prove it." I whispered. He hooked his hand in mine and pulled me out the door. We walked down the stairs, my face solemn. We walked past the crowd downstairs and or the door, slightly unnoticed. I didn't hear Bay or smell anything delicious, so Emily wasn't home either.
"Wait here babe" He whispered, kissing my forehead, my eyes flickered to his suspiciously. He disappeared into the woods. As quickly as he'd left, he was back, or who I thought was him in a wolf form. My mouth hung open. He growled softly. It wasn't like an angry growl, more like a cocky 'I told you so' growl. I shot him a soft glare. Blake was right, I just needed to look at the what ifs. He turned back towards the woods and ran in, quickly he came back in what he was wearing before.

"Baby, you're not going to leave now right?" He asked laughing softly.
"You're a 'tard." I said, annoyed that I had been so stupid. Embry laughed and hugged me.
"But you love me right?" I rolled my eyes and turned into him, humming. "Cause, I love you" He cooed, kissing my forehead. "So much" He kissed right under my ear. "There's a bonfire tonight, wanna go with me, as my date?" I smiled.
"I thought our next date was tomorrow, not today?" I said smugly, cocking an eyebrow.
"Mmm, it is, but I didn't know if I was going to be able to work up the courage to tell you about the whole, shape shifter, werewolf thing." I smiled softly.
"Am I that scary? You had to, 'work up the courage' to tell me?"
"Well, when you left I was terrified." He muttered solemnly.
"I'm sorry Embry" I said softly. He turned me, so I was facing him, rather than snuggled into his side.
"Don't be sorry" He whispered, pressing his lips to mine softly. "I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Like the banner I made?(:
So, lovely readers and subscribers and commentors, I love you very much.
Please keep reading and don't be silent(: