Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

I Caught Her Smiling, And That's What I Do It For

It was so easy, being around Embry. He was amazing. He was always smiling, and laughing, and making me laugh. Unfortunately he was gone a lot of the time, on patrol and such. It kind of sucked, but when I was with him we were always hugging or something. A lot of the time we were in my room or at his house. You see Embry is eighteen, and he lives alone. Bay was not okay with me going over there at first. It was kind of funny, actually. We went to the bonfire, and had more dates. It was nothing less than amazing, the date, not the bonfire. The bonfire was.. informative.

Basically I found out about imprinting. And apparently, Embry imprinted on me. That's why I'd had an immediate connection with him. Why I was so suddenly pulled into a crush, and even quicker than that, a relationship. So suddenly pulled into love. Of course I had yet to say it. It was a difficult thing for me, love. I had been in love before, and that backfired. And honestly, I was scared. I told him on our date.

"Why do you always insist on being secretive?" I asked, my eyes darting around, desperately trying to figure out where I was from behind the blindfold.
"It's more fun that way" He said, leading me farther.
"And why are we walking, rather than taking your car?"
"It's easier this way"
"How?"
"Stop asking questions" Embry ordered playfully. I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see it happen. "We have arrived." he said, untying the handkerchief.
"You brought me to a random house? Are you going to rape me?" I asked sarcastically. Embry threw me a joking glare. He opened the door and led me inside.

It was a nice house, simple decorations, a small kitchen and connected dining room. As you walk in through the front door you were in the living room. That held a couch, and an entertainment center. If you turned right from the doorway, you'd see the entrance to the dining room. If you went further into the living room there was a ladder, leading up to some kind of attic, bedroom. I assume, that is. I gave Embry a confused look before he went on to explain.
"This is my house" He grinned, I smiled at him and he lead me to the couch. He plopped down, and patted the spot next to him.
"Thank you for this fine seat Embry, now, why are we here?"
"To watch movies, of course" He clicked on the television and Beauty and the Beast began to play. We went through several chick flicks, and Disney movies. I was surprised he didn't want to watch anything else. We were watching My Girl and spooning. Our fingers were laced together,

"Vada?"
"Yeah?
"Would you think of me?
"For what?
"Well, if you don't get to marry Mr. Bixler."
"I guess."

"Embry?" I asked blankly.
"Yeah?"
"Would you think of me?"
"For what?"
"Well, if you don't get to marry Quil" He laughed.
"I guess"
"We're losers. We just recited movie lines" I kissed his hand.
"But you love me anyways"
"I think I do"

That was actually my favorite date of ours.I was hanging solo today, I had to apply to school soon. It was August already. Time really does fly when you're having fun. I was on the school website when Leah barged into my room.
"What was that the other night?" I nibbled on my bottom lip.
"I- uh" I took a deep breath. "Embry told me something that really freaked me out" I said vaguely.
"That we're shape shifters?" I nodded.
"You know?"
"I am one"
"You sound so bitter about it"
"It kind of sucks. I mean, I'm always really hot, and I have a free look inside the boys' heads, which may I say is nasty. Embry thinks about you all the time, and Sam always thinks about Emily, and-"

"Leah?"
"What happened with you and Sam?" I asked cautiously. She looked up at me.
"Emily happened." Leah responded bitterly.
"Uh..?"
"Here's the simple version, Sam imprinted on Emily," I nodded, already informed of this. "While he was dating me." Ouch.
"Are you okay?" She looked at me funny.
"Thank you for asking that, and right now I am. Everybody is always sorry. I'm tired of sorry."
"Me too, I mean with my parent's death it was always, 'I'm so sorry, you poor girl', and after a while you come to realize how fake and uncaring those sorry's really are. So, I understand, you don't want pity, nor do you need it,"

"And you know what, you are a gorgeous, smart, funny, kind, amazing girl. You can catch any, and every guy's attention. And maybe you wont imprint, but maybe you will fall in love.." I told her, with a sympathetic smile on my face.
"Thank you, Emma. You are so amazing. I don't know what I'd do with out you around."
"You would probably die alone, with a bunch of cats"
"You are so correct" We went into a laughing fit.

We were playing games on my laptop when Blake called for a video chat. I shot her a questioning glance, and she nodded.
"Hey babe!" He exclaimed the second he could see us.
"Blake! This is my girl best friend, Leah" I introduced her.
"Hey Leah! She's pretty" He shot her a wink, and she blushed instantly.

"Hi" She responded shyly.
"What's up darlings?" God, Blake is such a flirt.
"Nothing" We said in unison. "You?" Leah asked.
"Talking to two gorgeous girls" He smiled.

"Stop hitting on her." I clicked on the chat box and wrote in Leah's phone number. "Text her, if you wanna do that" He pulled out his phone.
"Kay. So I talked to my mom, and convinced her. She said I could go for a week," I smiled wide. "Don't forget to ask Bay and that other dude"
"Sam?"
"Sure, asshole, buff guy? I met him once" He explained to Leah, she just giggled.
"Be nice. And okay."

"Hey, babe?" Embry walked into my room.
"Hey Embry. Blake this is my boyfriend Embry, and Em, this is my best friend Blake" I introduced. Blake smiled, and Embry shot him a painfully fake one back.
"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out but, you're busy."
"Oh, uh-"
He left.

"Blake Harnage, what in the world are you- Emma!" Blake's mom squealed. "I miss you! I'd love to chat, but Blake here has chores" She said, with a scolding tone.
"Good luck bro" I said and signed off.

"He is so hot." I laughed. "Like, really hot"
"Go have phone sex. Just, get out. I gotta go cheer Embry up, lord only knows what's wrong now" I rolled my eyes.
"Good luck" She mocked and left my room. I followed behind her, Embry was on the couch with Jake and Quil eating food and watching television. I came up behind the couch and pretended to choke him.

"Oh. Hey" He said looking at me blankly. I glanced at Jacob with a curious look. He stared at me blankly too.
"Um, okay. I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out, but never mind. Apparently you feel like being an asshole. Cool beans Embry" I spat and turned around.

"No swearing" I heard from Emily.
"Sorry, he made me mad" I muttered in return, and sprinted up the stairs and into my bedroom. "He's such a douche" I muttered, falling onto my bed.

"I'm sorry, I guess Blake just makes me jealous"
"Holy crap. You scared me." Embry smiled apologetically, and kicked the door shut. "Why would you be jealous?"
"Because, Blake is hot. That's what Leah said" He said sitting down on my bed.
"And you're not?" I asked sarcastically, a cocky smile grew on his face.
He rolled on top of me, holding himself up a bit so he wasn't crushing me. I bit my lip softly.
"You know, it's kind of a turn on when you do that."
"Really?"
"Really." He confirmed, kissing my lips.

"Not here." Emily said walking into my room, we broke apart and I pushed him off of me. "Door stays open you two" She glared playfully at us. "Laundry" She said, setting my full laundry basket down. Embry was blushing, and I sat up.
"Aw. Embry's blushing" I said, kissing his cheek.
"Shut up. What do you wanna do?" I shrugged.
"Wanna watch a movie on my laptop" He nodded and I pointed to my bookshelf with all of my movies. "Pick one" I ordered with a smile. I grabbed my laptop and plugged it in. We both got under the covers and he handed me It's Kind Of A Funny Story "I love that movie" I grinned. I put it in the mac and snuggled against Embry. I love having a boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapter title is from She's Killing Me by A Rocket To The Moon and I love that song and band<3 Nick Santino is so adorable.
I hope you like the chapter
and the character for Emma is Sierra from VersaEmerge, and Blake is obviously Blake Harnage from the same band. Done on purpose(:
commmment. subscribbbeee. don't be silent darlings