Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

Surprise! It's your birthday!

"Here she comes! Quiet down everybody," I said when I saw Embry's truck. Everybody instantly became really quiet, waiting for the birthday girl to get inside. When they entered Embry took off her blindfold and we all yelled surprise.

"Oh my goodness! I can't believe this! My birthday isn't until Thursday!" Emma exclaimed happily.

"We thought we'd celebrate early," I said slinging my arm around her shoulder.

"Oh?" she asked.

"And you will be busy on your birthday," I said.

"What will I be doing?" she asked. I smirked before handing her the paper saying she has a job and that she starts training tomorrow.

"Oh! You got me a job?" she asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I can't believe it!" she said jumping all around.

"There is more," I said pointing toward the door outside. We all went outside to see Blake pull up in her new car. I smirked as I watched her face brighten.

"Bay, you didn't!" she said. I smiled.

"I did," I said.

"You are the best sister in the world. Did you know that?" she said excitedly before going to hug Blake who had just gotten out of the car. Embry looked kind of out of place as she hugged her friend I went and stood by him.

"Don't worry, you will still see her," I told him.

"That's not what I'm worried about," he said.

"Then what?" I asked.

"The fact that she has to work and hang out with him. I'm afraid she won't love me because he is around," he said.

"So you're jealous?" I asked.

"No," he said.

"You know green isn't a good color for anyone right?" I asked smirking.

"I'm not jealous," he said. I just gave him a look and he sighed. "Maybe just a little."

"I knew it! I've seen my share of guys who were jealous of Blake. I'm not all to sure what those two have been through together but I do know that they've known each other since they were in diapers. You though, have nothing to worry about. She will always love you. You are her imprint. Blake may have a problem with you and may feel that you are taking her away from him though," I said.

"Are you sure?" he asked unsure of her love towards him.

"Embry, an imprintee bond is pretty strong. I bet it is ten times worse for the imprinter. I've only known about this for about two weeks now and I'm head over heals in love with my hotheaded boy-toy," I said to him with dreamy eyes at the end.

"Now, they are leaving," Embry sighed.

"Aye! Lover-boy, they will be back," I said giving him a look.

"Yeah, don't worry," Paul said wrapping his arms around me. I leaned into him comfortably.

"I'm not so sure," he said. I gave him a look.

"Let's go inside," I said grabbing his arm.

"I don't want to," he said.

"I have to show you some embarrassing things about your girlfriend," I said.

"As long as it's about Emma," he said. He is so whipped, but then again so is Paul. I should start making him do stuff for me. We all went back inside and I went upstairs to get Emma's baby book. Mom had started it but I kept it going and this year is the last year I'll be putting stuff in it.

"Here are some pictures. I can tell you stories behind a lot of the pictures that are in there too," I said putting the book in front of Embry, who started looking through it to see what his girlfriend looked like as a baby.

"She was so adorable," he cued. I smirked this is going to be fun! There are pictures in there that she wouldn't want people to ever see. It will be a funny sight to see when she gets back here.