Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

Meeting Somebody New, Dates, Jealousy, and Old Friends

This morning was alright. I woke up in Paul's arms in his messy room. This boy needs to clean up after himself. Emma and Blake slept in the new house without knowing there was heat or water, even though I did tell her. That is why I slept at Paul's house. She was too busy hanging out with Blake to listen. Embry is extremely jealous of Blake, though. I feel bad for the kid. A lot of Emma's boyfriends have been jealous of Blake. I'll have to talk to her about that soon, but now I'm at work, which is going good. I'm excited for tonight so the day seems to be dragging on.

"Hello, you must be Baylin," a short girl with pixie hair said. I smiled at her.

"Yes, and you are?" I asked.

"I'm Alice Cullen, Carlisle's daughter! One of them at least. This is my sister Rosalie and my brother Emmett," she said introducing the other two that were with her.

"I see, what do you three need?" I asked politely.

"Well, I was just hoping to meet you, but I know that you're busy so we will go and sit in our father's office and wait for him so we can talk about something," Alice said all happy and chipper. She hugged me and then went back to her father's office. I went to help out some patients and then eventually went to lunch only to be stopped by Alice again who said she wanted to sit down with me while I ate. I agreed.

"So, how do you like this job?" she asked.

"I think it is a great job. My sister just got a job in the kitchen and starts today. She should be out here any minute actually to eat lunch with me," I said glancing at the doors where I know she would be working.

"Oh, wonderful! I get to meet both of you in one day! Tell me what she is like!" Alice exclaimed happily.

"Emma Sierra Uley normally keeps to herself and is very shy, but since we moved here she has come out of her shell a little. She is way more outgoing. She is very musically inclined and a great singer," I said thinking about how my sister had recently changed. I think Embry is good for her.

"She sounds cool!" Alice said pretty much bouncing in her seat. She seemed to get even more excited when Emma walked out of the kitchen with her lunch.

"Hey, Bay, oh, and who is this?" Emma asked as she got closer to the table.

"Emma, this is Alice Cullen," I said.

"Hi, Emma, your sister has told me a little bit about you!" Alice said getting up and hugging Emma. Emma looked a little taken back. Poor girl is unluckily meeting Alice full on.

"Hi," Emma said a little taken back.

"Well, sit, I'm sure you don't have a long lunch break," I said. Emma sat and so did Alice. She talked with the tow of us, not letting us get more than two words in. Soon it was time for us to go back to work.

"I had fun talking to you both!" Alice said. She hugged Emma and then walked with me to where I work. She then hugged me and left. I then went back to work and was soon ready to go home. Emma and I left so I could get ready for my date. When we arrived at home Emily brought me up to my room and gave me an outfit to wear.

"Did Paul ask you to do this?" I asked her.

"He did," she said.

"Did he tell you where we were going?" I asked really wanting to know.

"He did, but I can't tell you. I'm sorry, Bailyn," she said. I gave her the puppy dog eyes.

"I'm not falling for it," she said leaving the room. I sighed and went to shower to get ready for my date.

"Bailyn, Paul is here," Emma said popping her head into my room. I was really nervous now. I went downstairs wearing an adorable dress that was black on top and the bottom had a bunch of colorful little lines. I had a shawl to keep me warm and I was wearing heals. I had a colorful ring on my finger and I had a pearl necklace and pearl earrings in. I was carrying a black clutch.

"You look beautiful," Paul breathed. I smiled and kissed him lightly.

"Can you tell me where we are going all dressed up like this?" I asked. Paul just grinned and shook his head. I didn't want to make him feel all high and mighty because I called him handsome.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I whined. Everybody just started laughing. I crossed my arms and sat down deciding I wasn't going to move until I was told where we were going. They laughed more. I then grabbed onto Sam's arm and held onto it tightly refusing to let Paul take me anywhere.

"Stop laughing and tell me where we are going," I said and they all laughed more.

"Bailyn, come on or we will miss our reservation," Paul said.

"No," I said.

"Okay, you made me do this. Sam, pry her arms from you. I'll pick her up and bring her with me," Paul said. I squealed as Sam did as Paul said and I was all a sudden in the air in Paul's arms.

"Paul Mitchel! I'm wearing a dress! They will all see me underwear, if you don't put me down right now!" I said. Paul did as I told him and I stormed out and sat in his truck waiting to leave. Paul seemed to be stunned and it took a while for him to get in the truck.

"Took you long enough," I mumbled. Paul shrugged and then grabbed a blindfold and handed it to me.

"Put it on, because I'm not telling you where we are going, and I don't want you to know where we are going, and I would really like it if you cooperated," Paul said solemnly. I did as he asked and said nothing. I just sat there and waited for us to stop. I eventually calmed down and decided I should probably respect him. It is our first date. We soon stopped and I just waited until he came to my side. When he opened the door I started my small speech.

"Paul, I'm sorry for how I acted. I had no right to be crazy like that. I'm sorry," I said. Paul kissed my temple then took of the blindfold. I was too busy looking at him to care where we were.

"I accept your apology but that wasn't a nice thing to do," Paul said looking sternly at me. I bowed my head.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be mean, I just don't like surprises. Yes, I like surprises for other people, but I don' t like it when they are for me," I said.

"Okay, I know you feel bad, but we should probably head in so we don't miss our reservation," Paul said helping me out of the truck and wrapping his arm around me. I snuggled into his side as we walked to the door then he opened the door for me and I walked in and waited for him to go up to get seated. Wow, this is fancy restaurant. Everybody is all dressed up like I am and Paul. It is like a black tie affair type place.

"Hey, Paul, are you free tonight?" the chick that was seating us said.

"Can't you see I'm on a date and have no plans on messing this up?" he asked her. I smirked from beside him.

"Oh, I didn't see her. Wow, you're pretty... ugly," the bitch said. I knew from her facial expression that she was jealous.

"Can you just seat us," Paul growled. I grabbed his arm and he looked at me and I smiled at him.

"Fine," she huffed and brought us to a nice spot. "Your waiter will be with you shortly, his name is Zane."

"Can you believe that?" I asked Paul.

"That we saw one of the stupid whores?" he asked.

"If you put it that way," I mumbled dropping it as our waiter came by.

"Hello, I'm Zane and I'll be your waiter tonight. What can I- Bailyn? Bailyn Uley, is that you?" he said.

"Oh, Zane Berks, I can't believe it!" I said getting up and hugging him. He was one of my best friends from high school.

"Bay, who is this?" I heard Paul asked. I smiled.

"Zane, meet my boyfriend, Paul. Paul meet one of my best friends in high school, Zane," I said introducing them both to one another.

"Nice to meet you," Paul said curtly, but he seemed quite jealous. Zane said the same but he looked confused as to Paul's jealousy.

"How did you end up in Port Angeles?" I asked.

"Well, after high school I went to college and I'm studying to be a doctor here and this is my part time job that helps me pay for college. What are you doing?" he said.

"That's great! I work in somewhat the same field! I'm a nurse. I work at the hospital in Forks and live on the reservation in La Push, where I met and fell in love with this guy," I said Paul smiled widely at my last comment.

"That's wonderful, but I need to get back to work. What would you like to drink?" he asked and Paul and I ordered our drink and then had our wonderful date. We left but not before I gave Zane my number and told him that we need to get in touch really soon. We were soon on our way back to Sam's comfy abode to cuddle in my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bailyn's date outfit

I hope you enjoy this long chapter. I would appreciate it if all you readers out there would comment, but you don't have to.