Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

Inquiring Minds

It has been about a week. We are now moved into the new house. Emma starts school in about two weeks. Blake leaves soon too. I need to talk to Emma about Embry and how he feels about Blake. It seems as though Blake is getting a little cozy with Leah and it is kind of adorable.

"Bay?" Emma called. I was in the kitchen, putting the groceries, I just bought, away in the fridge.

"In the kitchen," I said.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked.

"You just did, but go ahead," I said turning toward her.

"Has Embry talked to you lately?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said looking at her like she was crazy.

"He has been ignoring me a lot lately. I don't know what's wrong," she finally broke and started to cry.

"Emma, he is jealous of Blake. You are always with Blake and not with Embry. Embry is feeling rejected. He really loves you Emma. He may not say it to you but I can see it when we have dinner at Sam's. He can't keep his eyes off of you. All he does is stare adoringly at you and occasionally glares at Blake," I told her.

"Why is he jealous?" Emma asked a little clueless.

"Before Blake arrived you were always with Embry. Now that Blake is in the picture you are always with Blake and it is getting to Embry. He feels unwanted by his imprint. All he cares for is you and only you. He wants you to be happy, but he wants it to be with him and not some other guy. Honestly, this imprint thing is both a gift and a curse," I said.

"How do you know this?" she asked.

"He has told me some of it, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out the rest. Has he even been in your new car? Has he had the chance to check if we need to buy new tires, change the oil, or anything? You should talk to him, he really needs you to understand how he feels," I said.

"Are you sure that is what is wrong?" she asked.

"I'm sure. I have one question though," I said.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"What is up between Leah and Blake?" I asked.

"From what I can tell is that they flirt and really like each other," she said.

"So neither of them have told you anything?" I asked generally wanting to know. I am trying to figure out how we are going to keep Blake here. If he has a thing with Leah, then I'd easily be able to convince his mother into letting him stay. Maybe have her come and visit.

"Not really, they both blush and change the subject when I ask them," Emma said. I nodded. She then left of to wherever she goes. I finished with the groceries and then started to unpack everything.

After a while of organizing the house, Paul walked into the house and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and leaned into him. I could feel his erection and knew what he wanted.

"I'm sorry mister but you're not getting that," I said.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm not ready for sex," I said being more up front.

"Fine, I'm going to go take a cold shower," he said kissing me and then left out the back door so he could hide his not so little problem. I shook my head and finished making my house feel more at home before going to bed all alone for the first night in a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, we're half way to 50 and we aren't even half way through the story. Not saying we will make it to 50, but you know! Well, we have some stuff happening soon but I'm not sure when! Haha!