Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

Aaaawkward!

***Bailyn***

I showered and got ready to go to work. I was about to go out the door.

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" Emily asked from the kitchen, making me jump. I thought everybody was asleep.

"Em, you scared me," I said.

"Sorry," she said.

"What are you doing up so early?" I asked. It is five in the morning.

"Sam had to leave for work early so I got up with him and made some muffins so he could eat before work. You want one?" she replied. I nodded and took one. I knew how good Emily cooks. She was always bringing stuff to school back in Neah Bay.

"Wow, Em. Well, I've got to go to work. Emma is able to do anything as long as somebody is watching her. I'm pretty confident that Jacob will do just that," I said.

"Yeah, Jake is a sweet heart. He won't let anything happen to her," Emily reassured. I smiled finishing my muffin and leaving for the second time. I was on my way to my first day of work. I climbed into my truck and pulled out of the driveway listening to music all the way there. As soon as I got there I got out of my truck and went inside.

"How may I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked.

"I'm Bailyn Uley and I start work here today," I replied.

"Ah, yes, I'm Linda. I thought you were here a little too early to be a patient," she said. I smiled.

"So, where do I go?" I asked.

"You will be working with Dr. Carlisle Cullen. His other nurse is about to retire. She will be showing you what to do. Her name is Esther (Es-ter) and she is right down that hallway. You'll know who she is," she said. I smiled at her.

"Thanks, Linda. I'll head back there now," I said before going to find Esther. Linda was right, I would find Esther right away. The woman was adorable to say the least- though she looked almost too old to be working at a doctor's office/hospital.

"You must be Bailyn," the older woman said. I smiled.

"That's me, and you're Esther," I said. She nodded.

"Yes, well, let's show you the ropes," Esther said. She showed me everything from the cafeteria to the bathroom. We were now going to Dr. Cullen's office.

"Dr. Cullen, this is the new nurse Bailyn Uley," Esther introduced.

"Bailyn, I'm Carlisle. Are you excited to start work?" he said.

"Yes, I love helping people," I replied.

"So, you're related to Sam?" he asked.

"Yes, he is my cousin. My sister and I are staying with him until we can find our own place," I said.

"Well, good luck today," Carlisle said. I smiled and went on following Esther around. The day went by fast and I was soon on my way home. I was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. I didn't even have much to do, just some check-ups, other than that nothing. I sang all the way home. When I got there I sat in my truck for a moment trying to muster up some energy so I could go into the house. The first day is always the hardest.

"Bay's home," I heard from the house as I opened my truck door and grabbed my lunch box. I was climbing out when I was attacked by a hug.

"Well, hello to you too," I mumbled.

"How was work? I had a great day today! Jacob's friends are awesome! They are all in the house right now! You should come and meet them," Emma said without stopping. You know sometimes I wonder about this girl. Normally she is shy and quiet but lately she has been loud and outgoing.

"Work was good, but tiring," I replied yawning as she pulled me into the house.

"You do look exhausted. You'll be fine though, because Emily made coffee," Emma said.

"What did you do today?" I asked.

"I watched Jacob and some friends of his cliff dive. Even Sam joined them," she said.

"That's nice. I'm going to go upstairs and take a relaxing bath," I said as we entered the house.

"Bailyn, you don't look so good," Sam said.

"Samuel, I'm tired. Work took a tool on me," I replied hugging him.

"Who is the doctor you get to work with?" Emily asked.

"Carlisle Cullen," I replied. Everything grew silent. It was like that is the worst name to say. I was utterly confused.

"Well, I'm not going to stick around to find out what is so bad about that. I'm going to take a relaxing bath. I'll be down for supper," I said as I went upstairs to the bathroom after grabbing a towel from the linen closet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha! Well I had to update and it's somewhat of a cliff hanger!