Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

Ambushed

I have a long day ahead of me. I am feeling much better too! I'm glad that I hung out with Alice yesterday. It made me happy. I looked forward to spending my lunch break with Rosalie today. Since Rose had promised through text to come and see me today. As I entered the office I clocked in and started my work straight away.

"Good morning, Bailyn," Carlisle said as he passed me. I smiled.

"Good morning, Sir. Is Rose stopping by today?" I asked. For some odd reason I was the only human Rose opened up to.

"I believe so. She seemed ecstatic to see you this morning. There is something different about you," Carlisle said before going back to his work. I smiled agreeing silently with him. We were a couple nurses short today and I had to do, basically everything. I may have been getting payed extra, but it probably wasn't enough. The day seemed to go by quickly though. I was soon sitting down to eat with Emma and Rose.

"I don't know why you want me to sit with your sister," Rosalie complained. Yeah, she wasn't very nice to most humans. I shrugged.

"I always eat with her," I replied as I sat down at a table. Emma soon joined us a little confused at my new beautiful friend.

"Emma, this is Carlisle's other daughter, Rosalie. Rosalie, this is my sister Emma," I introduced them to each other. I noticed that both of them seemed uncomfortable with each other. I just rolled my eyes. They were so much alike.

"Emma, I'm going to be getting off late today. You just drive home I'll have Sam or somebody come and get me. You should spend time with your boyfriend, before you have to go back to school.

"Okay, I get off early today anyways," she said. I nodded. It is odd how that happens.

"If you need anything, just call me. I always have my phone on me. It is in my pocket," I said. Sam had asked me to keep it there, just in case something had happened to somebody in the pack or to me. He wants to keep me updated.

I was soon back to work again and Emma was soon on her way home. I was busy when I received a phone call. It was Emma.

"Hello?" I asked.

"My car has a flat tire," was all she said. I was worried now. Sam had put the guys on extra patrol because there was an unknown vampire around the area.

"Stay in the car," I said before getting up. Alice seemed to see this and was here in a car and ready to get me there. I called Sam on the way there. He was on his way too. We had gotten to the border line and Alice couldn't go any further. I got out because I could see Emma's car. I started running toward it when all a sudden I was picked up by a fast moving creature with red eyes. I started screaming because I was scared of this unknown creature. It looked like a human, but was cold like the Cullen family, but had glowing red eyes. It soon got sick of my screaming and hit me somewhere and I instantly was out.

***Paul's point of view***

I smelled vampire and instantly followed the trail. As I got closer I noticed it had something in it's arms. As I looked at the person, I noticed that it was Bailyn. I became enraged and kept following it closely. I had to wait until he set her down somewhere. He led me to an area that had a couple other vampires. I didn't recognize any of them. When he set her down I heard Sam and the rest of the pack in my head.

"Paul, where are you?" Sam asked in his Alpha voice.

"I followed a vampire to find he had taken Bailyn. I'm now watching him and his friends from afar. There are 4 vampires here. When will you be here?" I asked worried showing them what I've seen so far.

"Don't do anything without thinking about it first. I know she is your imprint, but we can't have you getting hurt," Sam told me. Then I noticed another person there. It was Emma.

"Guys, Emma is here too," I said sending them that image.

"We're moving faster. Keep an eye on them. If they try to harm them attack," Sam said. I was ready for a fight. I was watching intently and all a sudden I saw one of them look like they were going to bite Bay. I quickly jumped into action and attacked. The pack was much closer now and I hoped that they would be here soon.

"Ah, a wolf. What a magnificent creature," the leader said. I growled at him.

"Feisty," he said before he snapped his figures and I was instantly getting attacked by the other three. I heard a loud cracking sound and felt a lot of pain. I shifted back into human form and was soon blacking out to the sound of Bay's voice.

***Bailyn's point of view***

"Paul, no! Stop hurting him," I yelled as I woke up. I heard a loud crunching sound and watched as Paul changed back to his human form in pain. The vampires had injured him, severely. Soon the rest of the pack were here and killed all the vampires. I was down by Paul the instant the vampires were distracted. I was almost crying, hoping that he would be alright.

"Bay, you have to move," Sam said.

"No, I can't leave him," I said. All a sudden I felt arms pull me away. I watched in horror as Paul lie there unmoving. Sam had checked him out.

"He is still alive. I'll call Carlisle. Take Bay and Emma home," Sam ordered.

"No, I'm not leaving," I screamed. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Paul. I think I've just forgiven him for cheating on me. I can't help but have feelings for him. I love him. He is my soul mate. I hurt when he hurts and I can't leave him when he is hurting like this, even if he isn't awake. I know he is still hurting. Sam sighed.

"Fine, Embry, take Emma home. Leah, stay by Bay and keep her out of the way," Sam ordered. Everybody did as we were told and I sat down watching. Carlisle hadn't been far away, since Alice had seen the vampire grab me. The whole family was here. I instantly ran to Rose and Alice, more towards Rose. She and I understand each other. I embraced her and she held me and comforted me the best she could.

"Looks like his left arm and leg are broken and some of his rib bones as well. No major bleeding on the inside. He just passed out from the pain. I'll need to re-break everything and put it back to normal. It may take awhile because of his fast healing. Take him back to Sam's and be careful. I'll do my work there," Carlisle informed. I clung to Rosalie closer now. I can't believe that he was hurt that bad. I hope everything will be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated without Tiffiny's reading this first... I hope she doesn't mind! I really like this chapter. It makes me excited for the chapters coming up!
Comment and Subscribe, we would appreciate your feedback!
--Hailey