Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

Time Still Turns the Pages of the Book it's Burned

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked softly as I walked quietly next to her.
"God no. I actually wanted to thank you" I glanced at her face, it held a smile.
"You should smile more. And why?"
"For saying I was gorgeous. It kind of made me feel good inside." I smiled softly. "My life has been out of control lately and I haven't been complimented by anyone other than my mom for a while. So thank you."
"Oh. Of course Leah. It's true. And if you like, need a friend to get through whatever your going through I'm here" She nodded "Even if I am like, four years younger than you" I said with a soft laugh.
"Thank you" She hugged me softly before leaving. "I'll see you later Emma" I waved and headed back to the others. My departure had gone unnoticed. Or so I thought.

"Hey! Emma, where did you go?" A hand had been placed on my shoulder, slightly pulling me around. It was Jacob. I smiled at him, before answering.
"I was just talking to Leah" A strange look came over his face as I spoke my words.
"Huh.. Well we're all going to Sam's- or your house?" He questioned, I answered with a shrug. "We're eating there." I nodded and followed him down the narrow pathway, once again. As Jacob drove me back to Sam's house we talked about a million different things. "So, are you okay?" His question took me off guard. Was I okay? Honestly I had never thought about myself since my parent's death, it had always been Bay. I'm not putting her down, I'm just saying she needed me, so I couldn't focus on my own healing.

I glanced up at him thoughtfully and nodded, was I lying? More importantly, was I lying to him, or myself? We soon arrived and I hurried inside, the other began to come inside. We sat around, talked, played video games, and more. "Bay's home" I heard someone call, I jumped up and ran out the door, attacking my sister.
"Well, hello to you too." She muttered.
"How was work? I had a great day today! Jacob's friends are awesome! They are all in the house right now! You should come and meet them!" I said quickly, god I'm weird. I feel so free, no binds of shyness holding me back.
"Work was good, but tiring" She said, slightly yawning. I pulled her away from her truck and towards the door. I threw her a sympathetic smile before replying.
"You do look exhausted. You'll be fine though, because Emily made coffee," I said with a laugh.
"What did you do today?" She asked me.
"I watched Jacob and some friends of his cliff dive. Even Sam joined them," I informed her.
"That's nice. I'm going to go upstairs and take a relaxing bath," My sister said lazily, just as we entered the house.

I decided to seat myself on a random seat and watch the awkward unfold. My sister was one to carry awkward along with her, everywhere she went. Especially when she was tired. I zoned into the wall, thinking of Embry. God, he was so perfect. I pulled myself out of my trance and shook my head. "Carlisle Cullen" I heard my sister say casually. I winced as the room fell silent. Emily coughed awkwardly. "Well, I'm not going to stick around to find out what is so bad about that. I'm going to take a relaxing bath. I'll be down for supper" I laughed softly to myself at her reaction. How I love my sister.

After that significant awkward session, we were all talkative once more. I sat with a smile on my face, in a lone recliner, watching Jacob, Quil, and Embry, play video games. It was some kind of war game, .
"Wanna play?" Quil offered his controller. I quickly shook my head, blushing.
"Ha ha, Emma is more of the musician of the family" Sam stepped in with a smirk. I licked my lips and glared at the man standing next to me.
"Basically he is stating, in a slightly more kind way, that I suck at all video games."
"Even Pac Man" I smacked his arm.
"Shut up." I heard my sister bounding down the stairs,. her hair in a messy bun and some comfortable clothing. I almost envied her, I was stuck in skinny jeans. I almost felt bad when she gave Emily help, while I sat with the hotties. There goes my guilt.

"Emma, can you count how many people are here?" Emily asked me.
I softly groaned before looking around the room."There are twelve,"
"You hear that, Bay, twelve plates. There won't be enough room for us at the table. The boys take all the spots and food. We will just have to stand over by the counter. We will also have to fill our plates before we tell them that it is done," Emily said.
"Uh, I'll get Kim and Leah," Emma said and managed to escape from a conversation with my cousins girlfriend. I got the girls and sent them to Bay, shooting a smile at Leah. I'm glad she became my friend, she seems like the kind of girl who needs a friend. I grabbed a plate and what I wanted to eat, before plopping myself down on the special recliner that I've claimed as mine. I sat back and watched events unfold, Bay was introduced and soon after Sam flipped out.

"Paul, get out of my house," Sam yelled at him. Bailyn jumped into the conversation to defend her new lover.
"Samuel Joseph Uley, you can't just kick people out of your house for liking me. I can take care of myself. I'm a strong woman. I'm sure I can handle whatever Paul or anybody throws at me," She spoke with an incredibly angry tone.
"Bailyn, just shut up and eat your dinner," Sam yelled back. I watched as fire flared through her eyes, Sam is dead.
"No, I'm not going to eat. I'm going to go to my room and ignore you. You can apologize when I decide you are worthy to apologize. You know the last time somebody yelled at me something bad happened? Yeah, my parents died in a car accident. You should think before you yell at people. To me if you yell it means something bad will happen. Now I'm going to go to my room and just ignore the world because you don't realize what you say before you say it and then when you do you regret every word," She said coolly, with an obvious sharp anger flaring through. The room fell silent once more as Bailyn exited the scene, I swallowed the lump in my throat.
"Now look what you've done. She won't talk to you for a while. She was pretty traumatized the night her and Dad got into a fight," I said calmly, shaking my head in distaste. "I'm so sorry about this" I apologized to Sam and Emily's guests. "I'm going to go" I motioned upstairs. Like I said, I'm too busy dealing with Bay to see my very own pain. Pain that was caused by the angry words carelessly thrown across the room. "Bay needs me."
♠ ♠ ♠
a wee bit intense
and a lot crushed into one chapter(:
I hope you comment
and subscribe
and check out my other stuff.
xoxox
-tiffiny