Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

You Got My Heartbeat Runnin' Away

I slept in Bay's room that night, I couldn't get her to stop crying. It was awful. And she and Sam haven't talked yet, and well neither did Sam and I, but that's not too unusual. Bailyn and Sam were the closest that gets to being next to each other. So, seeing them not speaking to each other was a bit scary. Bay was moody, Sam was moody, and Emily was a bit flinchy to Sam. I on the other hand kept my distance.
A few amazing things have happened, though. Embry asked me on a date. Obviously I said yes.
"So, where are we going again?"
"Once again, Emma, you will not be able to trick me into telling you." I snapped my fingers playfully.
"Damn." I said, Embry laughed and threw me a smile. "What is this place?" I asked as he pulled up to a deserted playground.
"It used to be a community playground but it got vandalized and stuff" He pointed out the many curse words spray painted on basically everything. "And there wasn't enough money to re-paint and stuff, so parents stopped coming" He finished, I nodded while getting out of his truck. I bolted to the merry-go-round and motioned for him to spin it. He smiled widely and grabbed onto the bar and ran with it. Once he had it at the adequate speed and hopped on with me. As I began to get dizzy, the merry-go-round seemed to be going faster and faster by the second. I tripped off of it and fell into the soft grass.

"Hey" I opened my eyes, Embry's face was inches from mine, his hand cupped my cheek. "Are you okay?" I looked up at his eyes and nodded.
"Yeah" I whispered chewing on my lip.
"You sure" He whispered back. My eyes flickered to his lips. They were perfect. Every feature he had was perfect. He noticed my particular interest with his lips and leaned in. I met him half way, our lips moved together in sync. I pulled away first. "I'm sorry" He whispered.
"Don't be" I urgently pressed my lips against his again, needing to feel the intoxication that came with kissing this boy. His tongue-


I was snapped out of my day dream by Leah, did I mention we'd become good friends? I was at her house. "Back to earth Emma. I take it the date was good?" I grinned widely.
"Amazing" I sighed, leaning back on her bed. "He's such a good kisser" I said into her pillow. She laughed softly and pulled me up.
"Will there be a second date in the future?" She asked with a sly grin.
"I would hope so" I laughed softly, glancing at her clock. "Oh! Dude, I gotta go. We're still going to the beach tomorrow right?" She nodded laughing, pushing me out her bedroom door. "Bye Seth" I yelled to the fifteen year old. I rolled my eyes at the muffled 'Later' and the loud gun shot of a video game. I briskly walked home, it was by no means far.

"Emma?" Embry said coming out of nowhere.
"What th- Embry? What are you doing out here?" I asked, looking for where he could've come from.
"Never mind me, what about you?"
"I was just leaving Leah's house, headed home." He sighed in relief.
"Well, I'll walk you home." Embry said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I linked my fingers with his and leaned against him. We walked there in silence, and at the door her kissed my lips and forehead before disappearing. I giddily walked inside, and tip toed to my bedroom. I fell asleep with a smile on my face. Dear lord, what that boy does to me.

We were all going to the beach today, so I woke up around eight and hopped into a quick shower.
Once I was out of the shower I quickly wrapped the towel around me and hurried to my room to not only avoid the awkward confrontation with Sam, but an awkward confrontation with anyone. Considering I was wearing only a towel.

"Emma, what are the plans today?" My intrusive sister asked, barging into my bedroom.
"Don't you knock?" I asked, a slight tone of annoyance present in my voice.
"Just tell me" She sighed.
"The boys and I are going to the beach. You can come if you want," I offered, she immediately smiled like an idiot. As soon as she left I shut and locked my door before dropping the towel and dressing in my coral bathing suit. I loosely braided my hair and dabbed on some makeup. Pulling on my locket bracelet and an gypsy anklet, I opened my closet to look for a sundress to wear over my present attire. I pulled a few out before choosing a strapless blue floral dress.

"Emma!" Jake cheered hugging me, and spinning. I laughed softly when he set me down.
"Hello" I said with a smile and then went to see Leah, I greeted her with a soft smile, and a hug. I noticed my sister looking a bit hurt in the kitchen so I went to save her.

"Bay, you're not damaged" I muttered into her ear, throwing Sam a glare. I had heard every word.
"Oh, really? How is that, Emma? Normal people can handle when people yell at other people. I can't do that. This is why you and I never have a yelling fights. I never yelled at you since they died. I haven't been able to stand it and you know that. I'm damaged goods. Who would want somebody like me?" She ranted on, I glanced at my nails.
"Bailyn," I sighed.
"Let's just go to the beach" She muttered, turning away from me.

As Paul, Bay, Embry and I climbed into her truck I made a small effort to sit closer to the intoxicating smell of Embry, he was looking extra adorable today. His hair was kind of flippy, and he was lacking a shirt as usual. It was nice. I blushed as his arm snaked around my shoulders. My tooth snagged my bottom lip when I glanced up to his smiling face. He was staring out the window, god, he's cute. "You look beautiful today Emma" He leaned down and whispered into my ear. I held back a sigh. Sweet baby jesus.

Embry decided it would be a wonderful idea to kiss my neck. I pushed him off, he only smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and patted his cheek, obviously that wasn't okay with him. He pushed his lips against mine, his tongue softly grazing against my lower lip. My hands were toying with his hair. I heard music intrude on my pleasurable kiss, and I broke away from him. My eyes shot up to see Bay glaring at me. "What?" I asked with a sly grin. Embry wrapped his arm around my middle.
"You know exactly what" She exclaimed, skillfully raising an eyebrow.

I pouted and looked up at Embry, he was smiling at me. "I can't do that." He smile grew. "Does my pain amuse you?" I asked teasingly. We pulled into the beach's small parking lot before he could answer. "We're here!" I exclaimed and pecked his lips. Before he could even try to pull me back for more I was out of the car, towel in hand, and I ran towards the sand. I lazily threw my towel down and looked up, my eyes darted over to my sister, she was laying on her towel. They moved again, over to Jacob and Quil playing Frisbee. Emily and Sam were cuddling in a giant towel, and Kim and Jared were practically having sex on the beach. Embry was no where. I saw Leah and Seth arrive soon after I straightened out my towel.

"Hey Em!" She exclaimed, laying her towel down next to mine. "You look cute."
"You saw me earlier" I laughed.
"Yeah well." She cut the conversation short. "Lets go swim"
"But I'm not even hot!" I exclaimed.
"You're hot enough!" She yelled, throwing me a wink. I rolled my eyes. I pulled off my sun dress and folded it.
"Thanks for hitting on me Leah" I muttered walking towards the shore.

"Sweet mother Mary" I yelled when I ran into the piercingly cold water. Leah began to laugh her butt off, so hard in fact that when a wave came she fell incredibly quickly. "Karma" I chimed when she finally made her way to the surface. She mouthed an, 'eff you' and tackled me. "What the-" I face planted into the water. Luckily I didn't hurt myself, but I may have kicked Leah in the gut.
"For our own safety and well being, we should probably get out" I laughed and nodded my head.
"I agree" I started to make my way out of the water with Leah when Embry swooped in and grabbed me.

"Hey" He said, kissing my cheek.
"Hey" I said, being playfully suspicious. Leah left us to talk.
"So" He dragged the short word out. "About date number two" He said, linking fingers with me.
"What about date number two?" I asked, we were walking down the shoreline. Our hands connected, and arms swinging between us.
"I'll pick you up on Thursday" What day was it today? I hadn't been keeping track. My days were more, Bay, Leah, Embry, Bay, Embry, Leah, Bay, Embry, repeat. "Today is Tuesday" He said laughing at my confused face. "You're so cute" He said pulled me toward a walk way.
"Where are we going?" I asked, worried about my lack of shoe wear.
"To a little place, I go there to clear my head." I huffed. "Want me to carry you?" He said laughing, I perked up and nodded. He swung me up, bridal style, and began walking up the path. "Close your eyes" He ordered, I groaned but did as told. He set me down on the grass, against a humongous tree. "Open" I did so and what I saw was absolutely breathtaking.
♠ ♠ ♠
this shit is long(: I love you enjoyed every second of it.
so a tribute out to our two commenters, greekgodchildhades3 and KatieInStereo
and our twenty four readers
four subscribers
I love and appreciate you very much
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
-tiffiny