Status: Being Written!

Crawl

It's all about me, that's what it's always been about!

Brookelyn:
"Brooke, why were you with Gabriel? My dad seemed pissed. "We were just hanging out, why is that such a big deal?" Ryan chuckeled at what I said. "Well he is my competition for number 1 pick in the draft." "So me hanging out with him is gonna get him to go number 1 over you?" "What Ryan means is, it doesn't look good." My dad pulled out his laptop and opened up some website. "Brooke look at this. This is what Ryan means." The website was an new site about the top NHL prospects. It was a video of Gabriel and I, a reporter started their story about us.

"Today top NHL prospect Gabriel Landeskog was spotted walking the streets of St.Paul with Brookelyn Nugent-Hopkins, the sister of other top prospect, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. The two were spotted getting coffee and walking the streets laughing and holding hands.When paparazzi spotted them and began asking questions they had no answers. They were asked if they were a couple,how Ryan feels about Brookelyn being with Gabriel, and if Gabriel was going number 1, not Ryan. The couple walked back to thier hotel and signed a few autographs. So is Gabriel going to be called number 1 friday instead of Ryan? I guess we all just have to wait and find out. For 'Top Prospects Online' I'm Mike Libretti, stay tuned for more updates on Gabriel and Brooke."

"See Brooke, it's just not okay for you to be hanging out with him, it isn't good for Ryan." "Really? I don't see how it affects him dad, the teams aren't going to listen to this, they won't care if I am dating Gabriel. They care about how the guys play. If Ryan starts to not play well because me dating Gabriel is distracting then that's his problem, not mine!" "If I don't go number one friday and that guy does, you know we're going to have problems Brooke! You can't be with him!" "Why? Because it wrecks your image? Whenever I wanna do something or date someone it never works because of Ryan's 'image'. I'm tired of it, I wish I didn't have this stupid lastname so I wouldn't be followed by paparazzi all the time, and I could date whoever I wanted to without you guys getting all over me about it."

"Well it doesn't help when you always wanna date someone who I play hockey with or someone I play against. It just isn't good for other people to see that, it seems like your going against me or something?" "That's not my fault I liked those guys, and against you? Once again it's all about Ryan!" "That's because it is Brooke! It's all about me, that's what it's always been about. Since I made it to juniors and I was going to be able to get drafted, it's always been about me! I have to make it Brooke, this is what I have been playing my whole life for, that moment to be drafted 1st overall! And no one, not you,Gabriel, or any other player is gonna take that away from me on friday. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is!" I was practicly in tears, I couldn't believe Ryan just went off like that, he has never done that before. "Is that how you guys feel?" I looked at my parents, they looked at me and then looked at Ryan.

"Ryan I think you went a little too far, not every single moment is about you. Right honey?" she looked at my dad, and he just kept his head down. "Dad you have got to be kiding me?" "Ryan's right Brooke, no one is going to take away that special moment of being 1st overall. Gabriel can't go first friday, or else Ryan's whole life of working towards that moment would be a waste." Ryan shook his head in agreement. "Really? His whole life? That is a little too much isn't it dad?" "No it isn't, all the money we spent for him to play in the best possible league to get him here. Or me working 3 jobs, scouting for all those teams he played for, I took that time to get boys on the team who would make it the best possible team it could be."

"Exactly, Brooke if dad didn't do that scouting none of the NHL scouts would have even known who I was." I looked straight at my dad. "You mean that you scouted all those kids just to make Ryan look better? Just so he could get his name out there?" I waited for a reply, but my dad said nothing. "Honey, is Brooke right?" My mom started to get the same idea that I did. "Look, how else was Ryan supposed to get known if he played for a second place team, he needed to be on a first place team." "I can't believe you! You used your job to get Ryan drafted!"

"Roger, why would you do such a thing?" "Deb, what would you have done? We needed this to happen, he needed to be in the NHL. He is too good to not play in the NHL." "I understand that, but you used your scouting position to make it happen, did you think Ryan wasn't good enough to get himself there?" "No, but I wanted to ensure him a place in the NHL." "And dad's work paid off, isn't that good mom?" "Can we just not talk about this anymore? We have talked long enough." my mom got up and left, then my dad followed. I sat on one of the beds in Ryan's room, he pulled up a chair and sat in fornt of me. "Look, Brooke I knwo it's hard to hear, but it's reality, dad had to do what he did. I made it! I am so close to being in the NHL, isn't that great?"

"You got here with help, other guys didn't get put on a team that would get them seen by every scout because they werethe absolute best. Gabriel didn't get help, and I know you don't want me to bring him up, but if you get picked first and you got help to get there and Gabriel got himself there without help. Well is that really fair? Night Ryan." I got up and left to go back to my room. I pulled out my phone and had a new text message.
Gabriel<3
So how did the talk go?

To Gabriel<3
It was more of a yell. Rents weren't too happy, but that won't stop me. So what are we doing tomorrow?

Gabriel<3
How about I surprise you? I will come to your room at 9:00. Room 395 right?

To:Gabriel<3
Sounds good! And yupp room 395. See you tomorrow.