Running Into People Can Be Fun

Sidney Crosby

"Kimmy! We gotta go! We're gonna be late for the game!" my best friend Sarah shouted up the stairs. Tonight we were going to the Consol Energy Centre to see the Penguins take on the New York Rangers.

"I'm coming Sarah! Just let me finish doing my hair!" I shouted back down the stairs from my bedroom. She was early, as always. We agreed to leave at 5:00 for a 7:00 puck drop, and it was only 4:45. I finished brushing my hair, deciding to let it lay straight down my back, ending just below my shoulders. I took one last look in the mirror, making sure I was ready. I then went over to my closet and took out my favorite Penguins jersey, the one and only Sidney Crosby. I threw it over my head and grabbed my wallet and phone.

"Kim Robitaille! Get your butt down here before I leave without you!"

"I'm coming Sarah! Goodness, your so up tight for a 17 year old," I said sarcastically, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey, your not exactly the loosest 17 year-old sweater in the closet either missy," she said smirking like a little girl at her metaphor.

"Whatever. Let's go! I want to see my man!" I yelled, sprinting to the passenger side of Sarah's car.

"Ha, a little excited there, Kimmy?" she laughed getting into the drivers seat.

Consol Energy Centre----

"So where are our seats Sarah?" I asked impatiently. She was the one that bought the tickets, and she refused to tell me where they were, claiming it was a 'surprise'.

"Relax, we're almost there." Right now we were roaming the 100 level, the closest level to the ice. I was starting to get excited, because Sarah was getting closer and closer the the Penguins bench. I tried not to get my hopes up, because I was never that lucky. "Here we are!" I looked around, and it was true. We were sitting directly behind the Penguins bench. I tried my hardest to hold in a scream, but it didn't really work. I ended up letting out a little shriek, earning a few stairs from strangers. "Will you relax? Save the craziness for when your husband is three feet away from you."

"I'll be fine. I just need to take all this in. And he is NOT my husband. I doubt he will even notice me. It's not like I'm anything special anyway," I said sadly. All I wanted was for Sidney to notice me, and I highly doubted even that would happen, despite sitting three feet away from their bench.

"What are you talking about? You're beautiful. Any guy, including Sidney Crosby, would be lucky to even know a girl as amazing as you. Come here." She reached over and gave me the biggest bear hug I had ever been trapped in. "Better?" I nodded my head yes, smiling at her. "Good. Now let's get the fun started! The game is about to start!"

After the Game---

The Pens had won 3-2 in overtime, and now everyone was piling out of the arena. And, of course, Sidney didn't notice me, just like I had expected. I didn't know if I was upset or not; all I knew was that I had to pee really bad. "Sarah? I'm gonna run to the bathroom real quick."

"Mmk, don't get lost. I'll be right here when you get back. But don't dilly dally. I want to get home before breakfast."

As I was walking down the hall towards the bathroom, I was looking at my phone, texting my dad about the game. Of course, being the lucky person I am, I ran straight into someone, dropping my phone and watching it break. "Oh, geez, I'm so sorry," the stranger said. His voice sounded vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place the name. After I picked up my now worthless phone, I looked up to see the beautiful smiling face of the one and only Sidney Crosby.

"Uh, no, it's fine. I wasn't watching where I was going. Sorry about running into you. Are you okay?" I asked nervously.

"Oh I'm fine. Are you okay? You're the one that fell on your butt. And, please, let me buy you a new phone. Its the least I can do."

"No, its fine. I was just heading to the bathroom before me and my friend went home." I said, walking away from him.

"Wait! Can I at least get your name? I would like to see you again."

"Um, my name is Kim. Kim Robitaille. But why would you want to see me again? I'm only 17, and you're Sidney Crosby."

"Because, you seem different than all the other girls I meet. And, to be perfectly honest, I think you're very pretty," he said, and I could tell he was trying to hide a blush.

"well thank you. That means a lot. I don't get that very often. But I really should get going. I'll see you around, Sidney." I started to walk away again, but this time he grabbed me, spun me around, and gave me a quick, light kiss on the lips.

"See you soon, Kim Robitaille." I walked away with a smile plastered all over my face.