Status: One - Shot.

Echo.

One of One.

Today was just like any other day at school. Getting up at 6 something. Readying yourself for the next 7 hours in hell. Everyone hated going to school. What seemed like a normal day today turned out to be something completely different for the students at this high school. Something they didn't expect at all.

Frank was standing at his locker, just starring into it. He was kind of falling asleep. It was only 3rd period. Frank was shaken awake though by his friends, Ray and Gerard. He actually fell on the ground from just the light taps his friends gave him. The two older boys laughed as Frank grew a small smile, rubbing his eyes.

"God I'm so fucking tired." Frank groaned, resting his head on the lockers.

"Who isn't?" Ray asked, letting out a deep breath.

"Just hide ou--" Before Gerard could finish his sentence, a loud crack echoed throughout the school. Screams pierced there ears as everyone in the halls scattered. Everyone except for Gerard Frank and Ray.

"W-What was that?" Ray stuttered, holding his binder closer to his chest as if it would protect him. Gerard and Frank didn't answer the question though.

"Mikey..." Gerard whispered softly. His brother. He had to find his brother. What if he wasn't okay? That was Gerard's mission now. Finding his little brother in the huge school.

Frank stood up from the ground and started to look around as Gerard began to walk. Unintentionally, Ray and Frank followed him, not knowing where they were going. None of them wanted to be left alone. Another crack filled the school this time, the sound of glass shattering was followed. It was close to the three boys too.

Frank was the only one that saw where the loud cracks were coming from. A gun man standing in the library. Not just any gun man though, it was a student. He didn't know who it was but he had seen the face before, more than once.

Not knowing he had stopped to think, he saw Ray and Gerard about to pass by the library. Franks eyes grew wide as he began to run after them. A fourth bullet was shot, so very close to them as Frank leaped onto his friends and tackled them down to the ground screaming, "Look out!!"

When Frank lifted his head to check if it was safe, he didn't see a gun man in the library anymore, "You guys okay?" He groaned.

"Yah." Ray nodded.

Gerard nodded his head, "Frank," He gasped, taking a look at the smaller boys face, "You're bleeding." He stated, pointing to his forehead.

Franks fingers lightly brushed over his forehead, wiping up a little of the blood that dripped there, "You gotta get the wrapped or something." Ray informed the two boys.

"I - I have to find Mikey." Gerard stated.

"I'll find Mikey, you take Frank to the locker room." Just as Ray finished his sentence, an alarm telling everyone there was a lock down sounded. All three boys were thinking 'thanks for warning us'.

Gerard picked up his small friend and began to walk off towards the locker room as Ray ran down the hall way, in search for Gerard's little brother. As Gerard entered the locker room, he set Frank down on a bench and quickly locked the door. No one was in there. It was too early for gym.

The small bleeding boy attempted to stand, but when he did, his legs buckled beneath him and he fell to the ground, whimpering in a sharp in to his left hip. Gerard ran over to Frank with a worried look on his face. He wanted his friend to be okay and he was going to make sure he was.

"Whats wrong?" Gerard asked.

"My hip." Frank strained to get the words out, his eyes shut tightly as he held his hip. Blood seeped through his fingers at a fast pace.

"You're bleeding." Gerard stated again. He picked up his friend, sending more pain to the small boys body as he set him on the counter with a sink. He started to run the water as he pulled his shirt over his head.

"W-What are you doing?" Frank asked nervously as Gerard balled up his shirt.

"I'm really sorry Frank, but I have to stop the bleeding." He explained quickly as he placed his shirt on his hip and applied pressure.

"AHHHH!!!!" Frank cried out in pain, his breathing increasing rapidly.

"I'm sorry." Gerard continued to whisper, shaking his head at the pain he was causing his friend, "I have to wrap this around your waist Frank. You'll bleed to death if I stop applying pressure."

Frank nodded, "I'll.... I'll hold it in place. You - You find s-something to wrap it with." Frank took the shirt from Gerards hand and pushed down on his wound, causing pain to burst through him. He tried despretlly to not cry out in pain. He didn't want his friend worrying about him all too much. He didn't want Gerard to think he wasn't okay.

Gerard returned with an aid kit from the coaches office and quickly opened it, finding pre - wrap in it, "Frank, sit up for me." Gerard instructed Frank.

Frank did as he was told, not even remembering when he had laid down. Gerard began to wrap the pre - wrap around his friends tiny waist, making sure it was tight enough so pressure was still being put on his hip. When Gerard was finished, he pulled out some gauze from the aid kit and ran it under some water.

"G-Gerard..." Franks tiny voice spoke, "Gee, I'm so - so tired." Frank told Gerard as he leaned his head against the back wall, closing his eyes.

"No, no, no Frank. You gotta stay awake. Please." His friend pleaded as he jumped up on the counter and wiped the blood of his friends face, "S - Sing a song with me, okay?" Gerard suggested.

Frank groaned but nodded his head. Gerard began to sing a song by the smashing pumpkins. One of his favorite songs. Spaceboy.

[I[Feel it
Break your bones
Mr. Jones

Taste me
As I bleed
Taste my need

The two boys sang as Gerard wrapped gauze around Franks head. He taped the end of it as he finished. Gerard then sat next to Frank, singing the song with him.

And spaceboy I've missed you
Spinning round my head
And any way you choose me
We'll break instead


Frank leaned his head on the older boys shoulder, growing so very tired as he sang.

Watch me
Death defy
Defile my life

I don't need
I don't care
Please[/i>]

He knew what would happen if he let sleep take him. He didn't want it to, but it was something so very powerful. Something so strong.

I want to go home
I want to go home
I want to go home
I want to go home
'Cause when a lover aches
Thats when a lover breaks
I want to go home
I want to go home


Gerard laced his fingers with his friends for he knew what would soon happen. He knew that his tiny friend wouldn't last even if he didn't want to believe it. His eyes formed tears as he sang the song.

And spaceboy they'll kill me
Before I'm dead and gone
And any way you choose me
It won't be wrong
And any way you choose me
We won't belong[/i>]

Frank's voice got softer and softer as the song came to an end.

We won't belong
We won't belong
We won't belong
We won't belong
We won't belong


As his life came to an end.